• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Hardest legendary to catch?

Which legendary was hard for you to catch?

• Mesprit

Votes: 56 22.4%
  • Uxie

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Azelf

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Giratina

Votes: 73 29.2%
  • Cresselia

Votes: 59 23.6%
  • Darkrai

Votes: 16 6.4%
  • Heatran

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • Regigigas

Votes: 18 7.2%
  • Other (Please Specify in post)

Votes: 23 9.2%

• Total voters
    Years
    I see no Mewtwo or Rayquaza. They were a pain because they could actually hurt me.

Mesprit and Cresselia I caught in pokeballs.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    I have to say Regigigas in Platinum. that level 1 thing really threw me off, i still haven't caught him yet...

§

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    Rotom, because I couldn't use False Swipe on it. xD

Actually, the hardest for me was Cress. Even after I Mean Look + Baton Passed with Umbreon, it took me over 50 Luxury Balls to get it.

Yuuko

Ne ne~
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 8, 2009
    I caught Giratina in 8 Dusk Balls, Azelf in 1 Dusk Ball, Uxie in 1 Dusk Ball, and Mesprit and Cresselia with a Masterball. Didn't feel like bothering with trying to use Mean Look strategy. :/

I didn't get to catch the rest, since I haven't bothered.

Zetsu_69

Director of Cheese
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Sep 4, 2009
    Latias was a pain. The ones that flew around were really hard.
    I also hated those freaky blind embryo things (mesprit, azelf, etc.)

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
    f***ing Cresselia...I was able to catch Diagla, Palkia, Giratina, Uxie, Azelf, Regigigas, & Heatran with Pokeballs (about 20-30 for each one...after a False Swipe & Thunderwave of course), Hell I even tossed a Great Ball at Mespririt and was able to get 'em, but Cresselia >_> I had to use a Master Ball on her...

EDIT: I forgot that I had to use an Icy Wind on Giratina...(I hate it's duel Ghost type)

dragonarche

Is back :D
    Years
    as for me giratinia it was too strong
    and it kept on using shadow force which wiped out most of my pokemon in
    1 hit!!
    but i managed to chatch it with a great ball

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Rotom- no false swipe and such low level, but easier on Platinum since you could catch before national dex

Giratina- Even when it was frozen at red hp it still would get captured

Years
    • Seen today
    Giratina is powerful for me to handle,so i couldn't catch it. DX

And Uxie made me hit my head on the wall. X.x
    I used like 48 Ultra Balls!And,in the end,i didn't catch it,so it was a waste of time.

Regigigas was difficult too,cause i had to fight it with three useless regi's.

Alec_

Years
    I think it depends on your luck to catch a legendary pokemon. But for me the hardest was Heatran in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. i took 40 Ultra balls i guess :3 ^^

~Fairytales

a.new.bent

likes fire
    Years
    I remember trying to catch Giritina. Somehow my gyrados managed to freeze him or something like that, then I ran out of pokeballs (shame on me). Then I tried burning for lack of a pokemon to put him to sleep. After trying that to an almost successful point... I decided to catch a gloom (I think) After putting him to sleep I caught him right away.

As for azelf It kept using uproar and nasty plot-that is what killed me. To this day I refuse to try catching it on Pt.

Alec_

Years
    Mesprit is a little bit hard. But Cresselia is much harder. I almost spent 1 hour for catching these Lunar Pokemon ~_~.

~Fairytales.

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
    Years
    For me (and sure for many others) roaming Pokemon are always and again hard to catch. Because even when you trap them with Wobbuffet' Shadow Tag or Mean Look, they are hard to catch and then, piece for piece, they will defeat your Wobbuffet or your Pokemon with Mean Look.

Pikadance14

Mudkip Kid
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2010
    Giratina. Azelf used to give me a huge problem until I stopped using Ultra Balls on it and started using Dusk Balls.

I always end up using Master Balls on the Roamers just because it's easier.

Back