• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Hardest legendary to catch?

Which legendary was hard for you to catch?

• Mesprit

Votes: 56 22.4%
  • Uxie

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Azelf

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Giratina

Votes: 73 29.2%
  • Cresselia

Votes: 59 23.6%
  • Darkrai

Votes: 16 6.4%
  • Heatran

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • Regigigas

Votes: 18 7.2%
  • Other (Please Specify in post)

Votes: 23 9.2%

• Total voters

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Giratina was hardest for me to catch as it took more than 50 dusk balls but was still out of the reach for me. I just reseted my game and in my second turn I was lucky enough to capture in my second try!! I was just soooo happy at that moment.
    (Dialga was the easiest as it got caught in the first ball)

Lance

I had change to heal my team after defeating Cyrus in Pearl. :/

Mesprit is pain in a**!

Years
    Well about an hour ago I caught Azelf in Platinum. He stayed in the first ball I threw which was an ultra ball. It was a very long battle though. But now I am trying to catch Uxie and it just won't stay in any balls. And it keeps struggling itself to death.

Kagura

..what?
    Years
    Azelf was pretty annoying and tough to catch. It took me four tries, each using all of my Dusk Balls, and Ultra Balls. Finally caught it with the assistance of my Gardevoir's Hypnosis.

Ritchie

EV trainer
    Years
    Mesprit roaming around Sinnoh, Cresselia too (I used my Master Balls). Giratina was the easiest, two tries, one Quick Ball.

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
    Actually for me the legendary pokemon were surprisingly easy to catch. I caught both Dialga and Palkia with only 1 duskball each, then i caught Heatran which took 3 Duskballs. Following that i caught Zapdos and Moltres with 4 dusk balls each, Articuno was the hardest bird to catch and it took me 75+ Quickballs with only 2 hp before i finally caught it. The real legendary pokemon that gave me trouble were catching the 3 Regis in Platinum and Regigas.

kill and run

SHINY HUNTER ALL DAY ERRDAY
    Years
    In platinum Giratina was rlly rlly hard to catch, it seemed like that Dialga and Palkia were rlly easy to catch lol

dark_giratina

Being of Emotion
    Years
    I think the hardest legendary is Heatran, thats the one ive had the biggest problem with. I mustve thrown about 50 ultra balls and darkballs at that mother :)

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Mesprit and Cresselia. Giratina was hard too. I had a much easier time catching them in Diamond than I did in Platinum for some odd reason.

Lyra.

Usagi Small Lady Serenity
    Years
    For me, it was Azelf and Giratina in Diamond and Pearl, and Giratina in Platinum. I had Giratina down to 1HP and the Poke Ball still wouldn't shake!

Back