• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hardest Pokemon To Catch

Maiev

// corazon elegante;~
    Years
    Who's the hardest pokemon to catch?

As far as i can remember. The hardest one for me is Giratina in Pokemon Platinum than Diamond and Pearl.

This is the opposite thread of Hardest Pokemon To Catch which was posted by me.
    So, The question is pretty simple which pokemon is the easiest to catch for you? C:

Mine would be Starly. I just threw one pokeball then i caught it. XD.;.
    So How about you? Feel free to discuss it over here. ;3

Last edited by a moderator:

MechaTrickster

Another person in the world
    Years
    Therye all easy, but I do remember shiny gyrados from gold being hard to catch for me since i only used regular pokeballs DX And if somone says abra I will go beserk thats a one pokeball pokemon D:<

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Platinum Giratina was the hardest for me, I was on the verge of using my masterball but after 3 days of playing he finally got caught by a Dusk Ball.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    Feebas, if that counts. Munchlax isn't pretty either, but I was lucky with it.

Otherwise, probably the Legendary Birds in Platinum. Roaming + Roost = Nightmare. :P But I wouldn't have it any other way, challenges = win.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    Mesprit was the hardest for me to catch. Whenever I would lower its hp to red or lower, put it to sleep and paralyze it I never was able to catch it after about 30 hours of wasting ultra balls, dusk balls, and other pokeballs.

Years
    I have to say Feebas, and any Pokemon exclusive to those disgraceful honey trees. When I think about it, the requirements to encounter Regigigas in Platinum were pretty frustrating, since I used all my Regis in Diamond.

When it comes to actually catching the Pokemon in-battle, I guess I would say Mesprit...

Years
    Definitely Giratina in Platinum.

I went into battle with around 70 dusk balls.

I had to restart 3 times because I ran out each time, aside from the other 2 times where it struggled itself to death.

So that's a grand total of 5 restarts, and I probably used around 250 dusk balls when totaled together.

Maybe I'm just unlucky. -_-;;

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    Meh, Giratina and Legendary birds were easy... The REAL challenge was Entei/Raikou in FRLG. Primarily due to roar. Comparitively, Latios/Latias in RSE was a piece of cake. I didn't even need to train ANYONE, simply used a freshly caught Wobbuffet from the safari zone. In fact, i clearly remember that i'd even managed to catch Latias in a Pokeball, twice!

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2009
    Rayquaza in saphire was the toughest for me. I tried ultras,greats,then timers. It sucked, so I used my master ball.

Hey,i leveled up your licence. What is that about anyway?

Last edited:

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    Most likely Bidoof (still have a lvl 10 Bibarel somewhere) or Wobbuffet.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    It's a matter of luck. Even a Starly or a Bibarel, if they're 10 levels stronger, would be harder to catch and just throwing a pokeball won't do.

But yeah.. Those pokemon that live near Twinleaf are the easiest.

Gimmepienow

Man-Eating Diglett!
    Years
    If you take catch rate into consideration, Caterpie should be the easiest with a catch rate of 255.
    But for me, Palkia and Dialga in Platinum. They were complete push overs, I caught Dialga on my second ball and Palkia on my first. My two friends also caught them on their first and second balls too.

Years
    Mesprit, definitely . . not only do you have to find it in the grass . . but it keeps running away so I had to make my Crobat use Mean Look . . and on top of all of that it REALLY didn't want to be caught x_X

Back