• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hardest Pokemon To Catch

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
    In all my time playing Pokemon, I'd have to say Heatran was the hardest Pokemon for me to catch. Most Pokemon, even the ones with a catch rate of 3 (like Heatran) I was able to catch easily. I had Heatran down to about 1hp and I tossed everything but the kitchen sink at it, and it still didn't budge.

I probably just had horrible luck, but he frustrated me to the point where I asked online for extra Master Balls, because I just didn't want to bother anymore.

Dialga911

32 badge trainer
    Years
    Darkrai. He was super easy to actch in my friend's game, but in my game, he just became IMPOSSIBLE to catch.

Last edited:

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Latios in Ruby after I was dumb enough to waste the masterball on a Skarmory.

Ayselipera

Beldum. I tried catching it for what seems like hours. I tried everything. So I looked I went online and realized it has a catch rate of 3. :(

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    Starly was my easiest pokemon to catch. I usually catch it just by throwing one pokeball at the start of a battle.

Years
    Giratina in Platinum.After three battles against it where it kept killing itself with struggle i got bored and just threw my masterball at it.

SCV058

The Able Vet
    Years
    Groudon- despite the fact it supposedly has a catch rate of 5 at one hp and asleep I threw 30 ultra balls and it would not stay caught-

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
    Well, for me it was Dialga and Palkia. I caugth them both on the first try....with a Dusk Ball. (I play during the late hours of the night XD)
    A bit too easy if I do say so myself ^^;

And of course, then you have the ZUBAT (zubat...must...die!!!), Geodude, Pichu, Caterpie, etc, etc.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    If you take catch rate into consideration, Caterpie should be the easiest with a catch rate of 255.

Lots of Pokemon have a catch rate of 255. Magikarp would probably have the easiest possible, since it has only 20 base HP and can be found at level 1 (to further decrease HP).

But for me, pretty much anything below level 10 and anything that you don't want in the Safari Zone when you accidently click to throw a ball.

CrazyCarretta

It works!
    Years
    Hardest for me to catch would have been Entei, Raikou, or Suiccine. I'm not sure I actually caught them either.
    Easiest would have been Caterpie or one of the first pokemon encounters in any game

Aberbecam

Banned
    Years
    Well the pokemon(s) that is/are hard to catch are the pokemons that roams around. The hardest pokemon to catch from G/S/C? Its Raikou,Suicune and Entai. Hardest pokemon to catch from R/S/E? Latios and Latias. Hardest pokemon(s) to catch on D/P/PT? I think i should say Cressiala,Uxi,Zapdos,Artucuno and Moltres. i think those are the only pokemons that only roam around on D/D/PT. Anyways sorry for the spelling mistakes if i made any. xD

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years
    As far as non-legendary Pokémon go, Kangaskhan in RBY and FR/LG is pretty frackin' difficult. Not only is it a measly 1-5% rarity, you have to perform that awkward Safari Zone dance of lowering its health without scaring it off.

Pretty much any of the rare Pokémon in the Safari Zone are frustrating catches, come to think of it. :/

EDIT: misleading thread title wat. Wellllll, all the "easy" catches are pretty homogenous. That is to say, in the early stages of the game you have about an equal chance of catching any of the low-level available bug/throwaway normal/flying types. There's just not that much variation - it's the particularly difficult catches that stand out, more than the easy ones in my opinion.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Oh so we got a funny guy, eh? lol. Now I could see if it were a shiny and you had only one poke ball.

Post says easiest to catch...but no one is reading it...

Kanto: Rattata
    Johto: Hoothoot
    Hoenn: Zigzagoon
    Sinnoh: Bidoof

-TheZeide

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    Post says easiest to catch...but no one is reading it...

Actually, that only happened a bit ago. Read the edit reason on the first post. I noticed a while ago the two topics got merged and I was wondering where the first post of the second topic went, as it turns out it got merged with the first. :P

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    For me, Giratina :P. Just near impossible. Mesprit was easy, Azelf was tough too, Uxie was also tough.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    the easiest for me was a remoraid, just threw a great ball at it and thats all. the hardest for me was a shiny slowpoke in my crystal version. it looked so pretty that i wanted it :D

"defno'

Monster Tamer
    Years
    Spiritomb
    It has got to have the most ridiculous conditions to battle ever, its catch rate isn't bad but the process to catch it is tough -.-

Years
    Right now I have to say that Raikou in FR is driving me insane, all it does is run away and it won't come out to face my pokemon because they are all 50+ am starting to think a restart to get a Masterball Ball maybe in order...

Or Kangaskhan in the Safari Zone.

Easiest would probably be a Magikarp/Zubat or even Feebas as once you find it you can catch it pretty easy.

Back