• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hardest Unova Gym Leader?

Who is the hardest Unova Gym Leader?

• Total voters

Tauros14

Minecraft+Pokemon=Pure Joy
    Years
    [SIZE="a"]I didnt have any problems except for ELESA!!! She just kept beating me with her stupid emolgas and Volt Switch!!! GRRR! It makes me angry thinking about it....[/SIZE]

Years
    While Elesa's duo of Emolga proved difficult to nearly every team I used, I think that Lenora is by far the hardest. Her Herdier is pretty bulky and hits hard, so even that proves a formidable foe, but her Watchog is by far the hardest Pokemon to take down, in all of Unova. Once you finish off Herdier, you're looking at a 140 BP STAB Retaliate, which OHKOs pretty much every Pokemon you can get at that point, save Roggenrola. Crunch and Retaliate without the boost also tend to hit pretty hard, both having extremely high base powers for a Pokemon in only the Second Gym. Hypnosis is probably the main reason why this thing is annoying, if you don't have any Awakenings, then your chances of winning are slim to none, as you're effectively taking attacks which probably KO your Pokemon in 2-3 hits, while trying to wake up. Watchog too strongth x)

Ironically enough, though, Lenora is also my favorite Unova Gym Leader.

I actually managed to beat Lenora by using a female Timburr I caught on the Pinwheel Forest outskirts, I tried catching a Sawk but kept failing so I had to go with Timburr.

I beat all of Elesa's Pokemon using only my Zebstrika.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    Lenora was by far the hardest for me. Like most say, she did have the highest jump in levels compared to the others, which were quite low. All normal type gyms are hard for me, since I usually don't use fighting type pokemon to defeat them easily, and it's either most of their defenses are high or their health is pretty much higher.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2011
    the first

[SIZE="a"]I think the castielia gym because then you have your weakest pokemon and they chose their pokemon depending on what yours are[/SIZE]

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2014
    Burgh wasn't hard at all if you were one of the early adopters and got Victini. :D

I'm going to have to say the first gym was the hardest due to a combination of two things:
    1) Pickup got revamped, making Oran Berry vs. Lillipup backfire hardcore.
    2) You really did have to train your monkey before it was of any use to you, something I found out the hard way.

Arceus bless those of you that picked Oshawott, as Pansage gets ripped to shreds by the resident Route 1 bird, this time around being Pidove.

(Lenora was tough as well: That one involved leading with Intimidate, and then switching in Timburr after a kill to get a clean shot. Elesa's constant switching was also teeth-gnash worthy, but in terms of the sheer number of restarts I needed, Striaton was the most difficult.)

For those of you that did their homework instead of jumping straight in and got Cryogonal in Twist Mountain, it should be noted that there's a reasonable chance that you can EV train its speed to get revenge kills against Drayden/Iris.

Last edited:
    Back