• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
  • Just got home from the film and honestly didn't enjoy it at all. The books are a million times better I thought it was very poorly made.

And people clapping at the end and when it started honestly annoyed me. There was no need for it.

I will stick with the books.

Ayselipera

I also went to the midnight premiere! I really enjoyed it too. I thought the second half was way better than the first half. The only thing that irked me was the leaving out of a few parts (which happens I know) and the chopping up of the end.

I'll just throw it in a spoiler in case anyone is waiting to see it!
    Spoiler:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I didn't go to the midnight premiere like I had hoped to go, but I did go and see it today. Overall, I was highly pleased with the movie as a whole. There were certain scenes that kind of left me a little irked (read the spoiler if you wish to know what those were), but I enjoyed the movie to the fullest and had a fun time doing so. I'm just really depressed to accept the fact that this was the end, and there won't be any more movies to look forward to. Although, I still do have the opportunity of looking forward to completing the entire series of books. To say the least, the series ended really well for what it was. I enjoyed the action, the final fight between Good vs. Evil, and the series ending on such a high note. My only wish is that it was longer. For the final movie, it deserved to be the longest in my opinion.

Avoid opening this spoiler if you haven't seen the movie yet, or read the books.
    Spoiler:

No matter, I hope the DVD and Blu-ray edition comes with a massive load of deleted scenes, because there are probably some scenes that could have benefited being put into the movie.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • MY CHILDHOOD IS OFFICIALLY OVER!!!!!!

Hnnnnng, I came to post this exactly. I'm so upset I can't even... I don't... ugh.

My midnight showing was a little disappointing too. The people cheering and laughing and everything didn't so much add to the atmosphere as detract from it. I couldn't even think, I couldn't let myself process all that I needed to process in order to say goodbye.

The movie was amazing though. So amazing. I loved they way they did Snape's memories in particular, and you got to see what Snape was really like behind the scenes, all vulnerable. I can't say much more without getting spoilery and I can't be bothered with spoiler tags at the moment, but I'm sure I'll have more stuff to say later.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I went in to watch because... I just must. I haven't really enjoyed Yates' helm at the directorial chair with this franchise. I found them boring. So, I thought I'd come out of theatre just pleased, and not much more than that.

But, it was a really good movie. I concede.

I like how certain things were handled. The acting was strong. I thought the end would be lame, but it played out so wonderfully and with nostalgia.

I wish it was longer.

TheGinger63

PKMN Trainer
    Years
  • DH P2 was perfect for me. Sure it didn't measure up to the book, but neither did any of the other movies, so I was happy with what they did with it. I was disappoint with some scenes being cut out (not gonna spoil for those who haven't seen it yet, but honestly, PICK UP A BOOK! No one should be complaining about spoilers because the biggest "spoiler" out there is the book itself). Overall I loved the movie, best one yet for me.

Mischief Managed (7/15/11) =( THE MAGIC WILL ALWAYS LIVE ONNNNNNNNN

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
  • I just saw it, and let me just say that was the most epic movie I've seen all summer. It really wraps up the whole experience for me and everyone else who's been with the series from the beginning. The movies have always done a good job hitting it home with me, as when they came out, I was around the same age as Harry and his friends, and it seemed to help the movie sink in that much more. And now it's all over.
    ....now what am I supposed to anticipate?

MY CHILDHOOD IS OFFICIALLY OVER!!!!!!
    You're on a Pokemon forum saying your childhood is over. If you don't see the irony there, I have lost all faith in humanity. But I do get your point, it's the end of an era.

Years
  • So, I went to the midnight showing when it was released the other day, and I have to say, it hardly kept me entertained.
    I was very, VERY disappointed by the film and parts just made me shake my head.

The nail in the coffin was the stupid '19 years later' ending. It was fine in the book, obviously, but in the film, it was just completely stupid to pass the pre/early 20 year old actors as late 30s. They all looked stupid and I just laughed, scrap that, the whole cinema laughed at how stupid it was.

Disappointed and a waste of my money. The only good part about it was, because it was a midnight showing, the cinema was selling beer. Beer + Popcorn = win.​

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I saw it today and really enjoyed it; don't really want to tl;dr analyse it.

I loved the scenes with Snape's death and memories (favourite character and I think it did him justice). I loved the final scene too. They definitely didn't look older, but they're there to represent something more important than just looking like convincing adults. It was the final send-off and there was no way they could have used different actors. Funnily enough I really didn't like that part in the book, but in the films it was really necessary.

One part that majorly disappointed me was Bellatrix's death. She just got such a simple death.

The Hatter

twisted dimensions ::~
    Years
  • One part that majorly disappointed me was Bellatrix's death. She just got such a simple death.

This times a million. It should have been in slow motion, at least. She was built up to be such a big secondary character, and she doesn't get an appropriate outro.

This movie was pretty good, probably one of my favorites. It was probably the only movie to accurately portray the book. I don't know if that's good, concitering that they left out some major parts. Dumbledore's sister, etc. etc.

I loved Neville's speech too. He really became one of my favorites in this movie. And I really like his actor!!

My favorite scene was in the chamber of secrets with Ron and Hermione. Although I am a huge Harry/Hermione shipper, it was amazing. Plus Emma is hoooooot. (;

Years
  • I finally got around to seeing it today. Needless to say, it was rather emotional for me. I've been a Harry Potter fan for over 11 years.
    I cried so many times. It wasn't that it was sad - it was the nostalgia of it all. :B
    Yeah, they left a bit out, but they always do. Some parts could've been expanded upon..but overall it was okay.
    It was a decent ending to an amazing series. <3

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2012
    All I'm going to say is that Mrs. McGonnagal (sp?) finally got her moment of awesome.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • All I'm going to say is that Mrs. McGonnagal (sp?) finally got her moment of awesome.
    I have to agree. She was always my favorite Hogwarts teacher, so to say the least, I loved every moment with Professor Mcgonagall in this movie. From the moment she stood up to Snape to taking charge of the school, she fulfilled her duty brilliantly.

Anders

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Seriously smh right now. I just wrote up a big post about the whole thing to get logged off and lose it. I probably won't retype it all so here's a summary.

Hiiro I agree, the scenes with McGonagall were amazing, and they were the hardest ones for me to hold my emotions in. Ayselipera I'm totally with you on Dumbledore's past, the night before I saw it I read that one chapter with the dialogue between him and Harry, and was let down when the scene ended without it.

Overall a wonderful movie that I can say without a doubt would have been thoroughly enjoyable without the huge nostalgia factor present. A fitting end to say the least, not that I'm happy about it.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I've seen the movie three times now, and I'm seeing it for the fourth time tomorrow. I've cried more than I've ever cried in a movie all three times - it doesn't seem to have lost its effect on me at all with repetition - and I know tomorrow will be the same.

Basically, every time McGonagall is on screen, I burst into what I call "tears of awesome", and in the Snape's death/memory scenes, I get so emotional I can barely stand it. I don't know why I keep putting myself through this, but I can't help but feel that as sad as it makes me, I feel somewhat enriched after each visit.

I just thought I'd share those thoughts since I'm going again tomorrow so I have Harry on the brain lol

Back