• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has any anime shows make you cry?

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    I have yet to cry because from watching anime. I have teared up before though.

- AIR
    The last few episodes of the anime really pulled at my heart (am wondering why it hasn't been mentioned thus far..?)

- Clannad
    Ah, like everyone's said. Especially because of the relationship between Ushio and Tomoya.

- Romeo X Juliet
    The ending, nuff' said.

- Ef : A Tale of Memories
    Chihiro's story was what made be go WAH ;A;

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I think I cried in nearly every Pokemon episode within the first two seasons, I most certainly cried in every movie. u_u I haven't watched anything anime in awhile, so other than that I can't recall.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    Well, I've cried at least once in every Pokemon film. They're all just really emotional...

Then there was Death Note
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

xX

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    Lesse, I cried whilst watching Pokemon movies 1 and 4, but I was young then.
    And I came close to crying whilst watching BLEACH Memories of Nobody, I was tearing, but I wasn't crying.

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
    I've never actually cried at an anime before, but a few certain scenes in Toradora! made my heart ache. I can't remember the episode number (I think it was something like episode eighteen though), but I thought I was gonna cry when…

Spoiler:

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    The only anime that made me cry tears for rest of the evening, and brought back sad memories the days after it (it's the truth) is Rurouni Kenshin - Seisouhen (I guess it's better known as "Reflections OVA" in the west.
    I cried so hard during the last scene.

Spoiler:

I found it so simple, but so touching. D: Really.
    It reminded me of that one scene at the end of the Kyoto Arc in the Manga/Anime.

Another one was Rurouni Kenshin - Tsuiokuhen (Trust and Betrayal), though I didn't actually cry, I found it very sad.

Spoiler:

And it's the living proof that the anime can be better than the manga.

Ayselipera

Elfen Lied made me cry so hard I was embarrassed for myself.

There were no specific parts, it just made me bawl.

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    Only one that's made me teary is Death Note
    Spoiler:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I cry easily, and at happy or sad things. That said, pick any anime with some good romance stuff in it, and I'll have cried at it. Also, tragedy. And as for tragic romance, it puts me in bed for the rest of the day crying. :'( Personally, I prefer happy endings; sad stuff gets to me too much.

Years
    I feel like I'm among aliens because no one has mentioned Grave of the Fireflies. No one with a heart can watch it without crying.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I feel like I'm among aliens because no one has mentioned Grave of the Fireflies. No one with a heart can watch it without crying.

I didn't even think of movies. When I hear Anime, for some reason my mind jumps immediately to television and disregards all else.

That movie was tremendously sad and if my memory serves me correctly, most if not every Studio Ghibli film has made me cry. "Only Yesterday" is a bit of a tear-jerker too, Isao Takahata is brilliant at drawing emotion and his work is always enchanting.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years

Oops. Add that to the list as well. D: Like the person above stated, anime makes me think of tv series, not movies.

Grave of the Fireflies is soo sad. D: Even my dad, who's not even into anime but watched it some time after me, agreed with me.

Though I didn't actually, cry, I felt a little empty after watching Shounen Onmyouji... It was the same feeling as with Fullmetal Alchemist (1st one). An ending that is an ending, but not truly satisfying. D: That's what you get when it's based on (Light) Novels. DX
    I read the first 5,5 chapters of the next volume (9), and became even more sad. D: I would very much like more translations. ;3

Spoiler:

I want a season 2. and a season 3 of Saiunkoku Monogatari

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    No anime has ever been able to make me cry so far. That will change once I finally get around to watching Grave of the Fireflies, however.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I cry easily, and at happy or sad things. That said, pick any anime with some good romance stuff in it, and I'll have cried at it. Also, tragedy. And as for tragic romance, it puts me in bed for the rest of the day crying. :'( Personally, I prefer happy endings; sad stuff gets to me too much.
    Pretty much this. Ichigo 100% had me crying a lot, and same as a bunch of other romantic comedies. It's a shame that I don't enjoy them as much as I once did.

In addition, Butterfree leaving, Pikachu going-to-leave-but-doesn't-really-I-dunno-how-many-times, and so on.

Also, manly tears are shed for epic manliness i.e. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Years
    I cried during the episode on Naruto when Sasuke left the village, I also cried when Sasuke almost died from Haku, I thought he had really died and was bawling.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 8, 2012
    In Pokemon I cried when Ash left his Pikachu (while that Pikachu's goodbey song was playing), when Ash left Charizard and in episode when Misty was leaving while that goodbye song was playing.
    also, I cried while watching Kanon (2006) :
    Spoiler:

I cried while watching AIR TV, too:
    Spoiler:

I also cried while watching CLANNAD ~After Story~
    Spoiler:

And I cried while watching ef - a tale of memories and melodies:
    Spoiler:

That's all I think...

Back