• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has any anime shows make you cry?

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
Years
  • hm i only watch pokemon and naruto so...the first pokemon movie made me cry when all the pokemon were crying...and it still makes me cry today even if i saw it 10 times xD and naruto makes me cry each time he cries.

Years
  • pokemon the 1st movie, when pikachu hopelessly tried his best to recover ash, i cried and up to now, i still feel i want to cry when i watch it again
    i'm not sure if it is that movie name but: titi and the sea, the orca named titi tried to saveher friend and ended up sacrificed herself

Years
  • Bleach, Clannad, Major, Pokemon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, 5 Centimeters per Second, Air, Claymore, Naruto, Ouran High School Host Club and the one I cried most for was Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Yeah... there's a lot there, but they were really really sad... aha.

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
  • I've never cried watching anything, actually.... But the closest I've ever come to crying in an anime show was Gundam 0080 War in the Pocket. It was a very touching series! ^^

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2013
    Bleach: Memories of Nobody..
    the scene in the cemetery... and the ending song added to it T.T

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I think the first anime to make me cry was Ayashi no Ceres. The last episode. ;_;

Aside from that... one of the final episodes of Gurren Lagann got me (but strangely, not the LAST episode). The last episode of AIR, though I want to peg that as my having been depressed when I watched it because I didn't even like the anime and nothing else tugged at me from it. :| I think I cried a bit during the 7th Pokemon movie (shut up lmfao D8). Pikachu's Goodbye also got me.

I think that's it though?

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • Let me see...
    CLANNAD (and After Story)
    Simoun (cried like four times)
    Dennou Coil (cried when I was re-watching as well)
    Gurren Lagann (cried like twice)
    Hotaru no Haka (cried nonstop for a whole day)
    AIR (cried all three times I re-watched it)
    Potemayo
    Macross Frontier
    Kaiji

I guess I'm a crybaby. ;_;

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
  • No, but I've been close.

Code Geass r2
    Spoiler:

~H2O: The Footprints in the Sand~
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Near the end of the last episode Death Note after the end game (Ryuk writing Light's name in his notebook and such).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm really emotion sometimes, so yes. I have indeed cried during some animes. xD;

An example would be the end of Pita-Ten. It was a happy ending at the end, but shdjkashdj before the happy ending it was quite sad despite me not liking Kotarou x Misha :x

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    I haven't watched a lot of serious anime lately, I've been watching a lot of Reborn!, Natsu No Arashi! and the like. xD;
    The last time I remember coming close to crying was during Death Note, several times actually, that show liked to play with my emotions.

Spoiler:

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
  • Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Like m a r i o n e t t e said, the new episodes were like, ;~;

And in InuYasha The Final Act, I cried with happiness when Kikyo died. I HATED HER!

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
  • when…
    Spoiler:
    This.

Just about everything in Clannad and Clannad ~After Story~. Especially when
    Spoiler:

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back