• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has anybody ever considered you an idiot?

Years
  • I'm in a discussion right now with several friends who have had their own issues and it got me to wondering how many people out there have felt that they're taken for granted and judged unfairly by a number of peers around them.

Have you ever felt like this? Have you ever felt that because of a simple mistake or a spur of the moment that occurred—people are quick to call you stupid/an idiot/a simpleton and judge you based on that alone?

If so, how have you been handling it? Do these people impact your life on a frequent basis? If realistically they don't, do you LET them impact you?

Or if none of this has been the case for you, how have you been able to tackle all these demons crawling up to you? And what would you advise to the people who aren't as fortunate?

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • Probably. I do and say stupid things fairly frequently; not because I don't know better but simply because I can and don't care what people think.
    My way of "dealing with it" varies. If I honestly think I need to, I'll argue my case in an intelligent and articulate manner, occasionally with a harsh rudeness if the situation calls for it, in order to have them understand.
    Most of the time though, I'm "the smart one," I guess. Though I get abuse for that too.

Headfirst For Halos

[insert ellipses here]
    Years
  • Have you ever felt like this?

All the time. I feel stupid 24/7.

Have you ever felt that because of a simple mistake or a spur of the moment that occurred—people are quick to call you stupid/an idiot/a simpleton and judge you based on that alone?

Yes, sadly. I didn't know musical choices and being "ignorant" about political stuffs makes me an idiot. =V

If so, how have you been handling it? Do these people impact your life on a frequent basis? If realistically they don't, do you LET them impact you?

Gosh, I handle it horribly, and they do impact my life a lot, I'm surrounded by people who have certain expectations of me... they just don't get it. I'm not here to please anyone but myself.

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
    Years
  • Yes, I feel stupid sometime. especially when I do stupid things

Last edited:

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Honestly, not really. Nobody actually calls me an idiot. I don't remember the last time someone has called me that... But I would feel a bit sad or mad if someone called me an idiot.

Raiskit

[ e v i l l i g h t ]
    Years
  • Have you ever felt like this?
    Yeah, sometimes. Though usually when people call me stupid it's because they're talking about nonsense and 'm like 'whut?' or I purpose act like it.

Have you ever felt that because of a simple mistake or a spur of the moment that occurred—people are quick to call you stupid/an idiot/a simpleton and judge you based on that alone?

Yuuup.

I don't really mind it anymore, or care. In some cases, if they call me an idiot I continue acting like a silly dumb person until I feel like proving them wrong. In other cases, I just frown and ignore them. I guess I just slightly let them impact me, when I'm not in a 'i have better things to deal with mood'.

Years
  • I couldn't care less what the people I don't like think, to be honest.
    All I care about are my friends.

But people have most likely thought I was an idiot at sometime.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • I generally make a point of ensuring people's first impressions of me don't involve 'idiot' or any other variant of unintelligent. It helps that all of my classmates insist on me helping them with school stuff.

I probably get called it behind my back a few times for beliefs or something like that rather than book smarts, but that's their problem.

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
  • Wow, I'm surprised so many people get considered an "idiot". I don't even know the last time I've seen someone actually call someone an idiot.... Oh wait, I do. But that doesn't count. (It was a guy who knows he's smarter than everyone else and looks down on most people).

Anyway, I'm that one girl everyone goes to for help, so I've really never been called an idiot. At least to my face. And I do hope no one does, 'cuz, to me, that would be the worst insult to receive. DX

Last edited:

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • I've been called an idiot only as a common joke by my friends. However, in any other case, I've never been referred to or called an idiot, at least to my knowledge. I tend to think before I act because I'm very paranoid, which will usually result in me making the correct decision. In which case, there isn't a need for any insults.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Have you ever felt like this? Have you ever felt that because of a simple mistake or a spur of the moment that occurred—people are quick to call you stupid/an idiot/a simpleton and judge you based on that alone?
    Yes. Not constantly, but it happens frequently enough. I get judged all the time, even by those closest to me. It's frustrating, to say the least, and then when I get frustrated over it they think even less of me. I just have a hard time trying to get people to see me for who I really am. The more trouble I have with managing that, the more difficult it becomes.

Yeah it affects me. I'm actually really paranoid about thinking that I'll be seen as an idiot, because it's something I really hate. So I always end up re-thinking what I'm going to say two or even three times before I actually say it, because I'm so afraid of making myself look foolish.

Even though it's about the most trivial things (like Headfirst for Halos said) I can't help but get upset by it. If it's by someone I don't know, then I don't really care. If it's from someone I speak to or see often then I will care. Like a classmate, they don't have to be my friend, but I still see them a lot, so I care about what they think.

I guess I just value intelligence and how others see me a whole lot, and I just want myself to be perfect, even though I know it's not possible. I hate having my imperfections pointed out to me, and that in itself is another imperfection.

And I know that some of those people would laugh and think even less of me if they read this as well.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • To be honest, I feel like an idiot all the time. I do not think highly of my intelligence, even though I still have that "I'm never wrong" attitude. But there are certain things that make me feel like an idiot, indirectly though. I don't think I've been called a straight up idiot since elementary or middle school. It's juvenile.

butterbiscuit

Potential!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2013
    Hm. Well, now that I think of it, not really. Some people may think it, but I don't recall anyone ever calling me an idiot or something like that.

If I ever am called an idiot, it's usually just me and my friends joking around.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    EVERYDAY OF MY LIFE.

Jokingly, of course. In fact, it's been joked around so much around me, that if anyone is actually serious about me being an idiot, I take it as them joking regardless. :3

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I consider myself as an idiot at times whenever I do things I'm not supposed to do because I know what I'm doing may be wrong. Other people don't really consider me an idiot.

Back