• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Has anyone ever got a Masuda Method shiny with a parent holding an everstone?

Oh god I didn't even think of that. ._. I'm just going to write it off to chance and not my everstone negating the Masuda Method.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2014
    Anyone know how to get a certain Ability?

Like I want to breed an Absol with Super Luck instead of Pressure, but I keep getting Pressure. Previously I would always get Super Luck but now I'm only getting Pressure. Should I change the Absol I'm using to breed?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Anyone know how to get a certain Ability?

Like I want to breed an Absol with Super Luck instead of Pressure, but I keep getting Pressure. Previously I would always get Super Luck but now I'm only getting Pressure. Should I change the Absol I'm using to breed?

Starting in BW2, the mother has a high percentage of passing her Ability to her offsprings.

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
    Years
  • After about 1328 egg, I finally got it.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • For the people who want to know if the masuda method work with the everstone nature trick, i did a little research and they are doable together.

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
    Years
  • Nice to all the people getting their shinies - You earned it.

To everyone else, we can do it. Just remember - The chance is still pretty low, 1/1600 or something. Just keep going!

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    This is my first time using the Masudo Method, and I hope I can get a shiny. :)

I'm working on Dratini. So far I've opened up past a box worth and have two boxes of eggs stacked up and ready to be hatched. I did hatch some Eevees and noticed that it's hatching time is considerably smaller than that of Dratini. I've been actually thinking of switching, but I'm determined to see a pink Dratini! I must have it!

Pr3

Years
  • This is my first time using the Masudo Method, and I hope I can get a shiny. :)

I'm working on Dratini. So far I've opened up past a box worth and have two boxes of eggs stacked up and ready to be hatched. I did hatch some Eevees and noticed that it's hatching time is considerably smaller than that of Dratini. I've been actually thinking of switching, but I'm determined to see a pink Dratini! I must have it!

You can fish chain Dratini. It's a lot faster and easier.. still hard though, but two members here did it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    You can fish chain Dratini. It's a lot faster and easier.. still hard though, but two members here did it.

Really? I wonder if I should give it a try. If it's faster, it sure would save me having to do all this Wonder Trade of random Dratini. Though I don't know if I have the right equipment. I haven't gotten the Super Rod... so yeah.

Thanks for letting me know!

Years
  • Iv been breeding for natures and ivs and must of hatched 200+eggs of either eevees, ferroseed and ralts and not got any shinys at all. Are you saying theres more chance of hatching one then finding it in the wild?

Back