• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has PokeCommunity affected you more positively or negatively?

Sirfetch’d

Talking about your overall experience here, how do you view it? Positively or negatively? What are some of your best memories here? What are some low points?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Overall, I think my time here has been positive. I've been having a pretty crappy year irl, and it's nice to have a place to escape to. I've been able to open up, talk to people, be myself, and even get better at Pokemon (which counts for something lol). I mean sure I spend way too much time on the internet, and my grades reflect that haha, but I don't think that would've changed had I not stumbled upon PC.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I have had a fairly neutral view of Pokecommunity. There are certain things that I don't like about it but those are minor issues that have rolled over, and I have taken those issues elsewhere, where they are not a problem.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I used to think that PC had a very negative appeal to me. I was very n00bish about ten years ago, but I also came and went. I had a lot of bad experiences here. I finally came back some months ago and finally stayed here.

With that said, I think lately, I've found PC to be more positive and helpful. It's a very strong and solid community of great staff. Everyone does their best to be friends with everyone else, and you hardly see any of the ones making everyone's lives miserable. I know I used to run into a lot of trouble in my previous years here, but I feel like I can finally stay without feeling as if I don't belong.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I think it's been pretty balanced.

There are some good things its done for me, like meeting some great people and becoming more self aware, and there are some bad things that's happened to me, like isolation and loathing others.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
    Probably negatively, to be honest.

I text back a lot slower, I think about it too much and I was stressing myself out with things I had to do.

I think I'm better now. I've dropped a lot of the things that were giving me stress, so we're pretty neutral.

Sirfetch’d

Because I am silly ;)

On topic though, I can say that my experience has been nothing but positive here. I've made dozens of friends, been staff both here and the battle server, and have gotten way more than I expected when I signed up as jellicentfan1 haha. :D

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I retract my previous reasoning. The real reason my stay heer has been negative is because I know Chase. =/

Haha, no seriously, I'm talking out of my butt. Positive. Like an proton. :P This place has given me so much, and I'll never be able to repay for what it's given me <3

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Ya know I dread this place, but a lot of positive has come out from here. I'm not someone who opens up easily to others, but I find I can express myself easily here and that helps getting it out a little. Also I do enjoy the conversation I have with a few people here and I'm thankful for the friends I have made and keep in touch with even though it's not many at all ahahah. I had my first relationship through here and that was an interesting experience. It motivated me to get in control of my health and I lost a lot of weight and I've maintained it since so I'm very very very happy about that.

Idk it's weird I joined here in a moment of extreme introversion and I guess spending so much introverted time here helped me realize I needed to step out more. Now even though I have introverted habits I think I go out into social situations a healthy amount more and handle them better.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    My experience on PC has been very positive for various reasons.
    Ive met a lot of cool and nice people and ive even made some really good friends.
    The different topics and sections allow me to talk about everything im interested in, which is great since there is only a very small group of people in rl i can do that with.
    Thanks to the RP section i can be a bit more creative and keep practicing my english writing skills, which is always a plus.

So yeah, those are only a few good things that have come out of being a member here (:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    Positively for sure!!!!
    Some of the best memories can include meeting up with my best friends here and opening a thread which did not suck. I also consider my converstations with Jak good memories hehe.
    Bad memories...ummmm....i once had a fight with someone on here but we settled it down, and the 2 days i was off-PC for fixing my life...

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
    Lot's of stuff happened in PC in the shortest time that I don't even think I can qualify for actually having some sort of answer without it being completely wah.

But for what it's worth, in the time of me wasting hours on this forum, it was pretty good!
    I mean I'm sure that it wasn't all fun and games especially chit chat cafe but I didn't let that wear me down in the slightest bit, or have I made it spoil the other things that would happen on the site.

It was all pretty swell.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I would definitely say PC has affected me very positively. I've found more people to talk with and have become a more socialable person. Being here has made me learned that being a part of forums can really help a person make friends and learn how to speak up more.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    Really positively. I was in need of more friends. x)
    It's a gathering of fans of the same series that I know and love, so I get along with most of them well. PC is a forum I've loved putting time into, and I'm glad I did.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
    Pretty positive for me! It's great to have a community of Pokémon lovers I can talk to or fangirl with. I love having a place to talk about one of my favorite things. c:

Back