• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has PokeCommunity affected you more positively or negatively?

Years
    Definitely positive on the whole. I've spent almost 10 years here. PC has been here for me during my teenage years and beyond. It's my Internet home! I've met a ton of cool people here and done a lot of fun and crazy things. There are few times where I was miserable at this place. I'm not as active anymore, but I still make sure to check and see what's going on. I don't want to leave for good.

I've never been social IRL. I make acquaintances well, but not friends. I don't like hanging out with people. The Internet has made that easier. During my high school years, my friends were all on PC. I don't know what I would've done with myself in high school and college if I hadn't had this place. Probably would've become a hermit.

What's sad is that I'm still pretty quiet, even over here. :p

Years
    I really love PC, and it's definitely been a positive experience so far. The people here are some of the coolest ever, and it's really got that whole "community" feeling. This is definitely one of my favorite sites, and I plan on staying here for as long as I can!
    I'm still working on posting more and making more friends, but PC has been amazing for me. :)

Years
    I've made countless friendships here and if it weren't for PC I wouldn't have wandered off into other websites that had a positive impact on my life, too. ;P So definitely a positive experience for me and I'm glad I decided to stay when returning in 2011. Worth it to the extreme!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Positive, I usually just waste my time on facebook so it's a nice change and there's actually things I can do here and I converse with people sometimes which is a lot more than I did on facebook when I sat there scrolling all day looking at the same exact stuff every 5 minutes.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
    Years
    I absolutely love this site. I've always had a positive experience on this site. When irl is very crappy I always manage to find my way back to site and its a good thing.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    The PokéCommunity has been a rather enriching and enlightening experience for me. I've experienced a lot of hardships (both personal and interpersonal) that have helped me better myself as a person, and without it I honestly believe I would still be sitting right back at square one, clueless.

This place has put me through a ton of both pain and pleasure, and even with that I don't think I could ever leave. For once I found a community not ridden with drama and backstabbing and dick riding everywhere, and that really is something. :)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I don't think that the PokéCommunity has affected me in any significant manner, but then I dig up ancient threads like this and I can't help but be embarrassed at my sixteen-year-old self for his lack of eloquence, overuse of ellipses, and general sloppiness in typing (BTW, Teenage Erica isn't that much better if that thread is any indication). So yeah, I've changed significantly as well. :P

Toutebelle

Banned
    Years
    You're probably all going to hate me for this, but I have to be brutally honest. I think that my experience here has been more negative than positive. It hasn't been entirely negative, but I've been trying to post less here because sometimes things get crazy here with all the randomness, and I haven't made any friends here who aren't also on Bulbagarden. While it is better than Serebii, I still feel like this isn't the place for me. I might leave this website for good one day, though I'm not sure if I will.

Back