• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Has your internal battery died yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    My Memory Battery Conditions:
    Blue - Working
    Yellow - Not Working
    Silver - Working
    Crystal - Working

I have 2 GBC Gamesharks that each have a Save of my Crystal Data on them, so If My Crystal ever dies, I replace the Battery and upload my Data fromt he Gameshark to the cartridge so I have everything back again XD

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2015
    My gold, silver, and crystal all refuse to save their data. I don't know if that means the batteries are dead, but I'm bummed cuz I can't play the best generation of pokemon games ever made =/

Cham

Cool Trainer
    Years
    Yeah, my internal batteries for G/S/C all died almost 2 years ago. It was weird because they all died within the same couple months even though Crystal came out so much later than the first two versions.

warudo.kun!

I see what you did there.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    Yellow, Blue, Red, Gold, Silver still work. But Crystal will not save. And Crystal is my favorite game too! :C

*~Fireheart~*

ready for action!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    The only games whose Internal Batteries can die, are the Gold and Silver cartridges, but only after 6-7 years. Then, it can simply be replaced at specific locations. Since then, there hasn't been any other games that present the same problem. Luckily, my Gold and Silver games stil have a lot of life to give.

That's a lie. My emerald's internal battery is dead. "The internal battery has run dry. You can still play the game, but clock-based events will not occur."

Years
    My Silver is dead. *sad*. Although my Yellow has been going strong for what, 9 years? Also my Gold was working the last time i played. About... 6 or 7 months ago. Crap.
    Erk, i'm terrified it'll be dead, so i'll leave it. My dead Silver is still in my drawer. I couldn't throw it away..

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    unless it died this past week, nope. I've had it since 02? not sure, but my friend gave it to me after my last silver version crashed cuz I spilled mountain dew on it. Yeah, soda kills...

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
    My Silver currently still works...but I think it's starting to die

It asked me to reset the timer when I clicked continue the other night, but when I had the chance to change it, the clock and day were exactly right by default, so I set it and played for a bit, saved and it seems to be ok again.

Are my fears true? Is my fave Pokemon game now beginning to pass away?

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
    Years
    My first game was Red, it is LONG gone, but it never broke.
    I don't have my Gold anymore, but last I saw it (around 4 years ago) it was working fine.
    Got my Yellow from a friend a few years ago, it never broke, but I ended up giving it back to her, so I don't have that anymore either.
    I re-bought Crystal, used, from Gamestop maybe a year or 2 ago, I still have it and it's running fine.

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    My Silver died a while back, :(
    but my Crystal is still in perfect working order. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back