• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Has your internal battery died yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    I own Gold, Silver and Crystal and none of my batteries have died yet :) I guess Im lucky!

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    hmmm, I do know that spilling Mountain Dew will cause your game to restart, but the one that I have now works fine. I think it's been about 7 or 8 years

lorelli

Super Hypno Lover
    Years
    My Silver, and both my Crystal versions are dead. (I have no idea why I have two. One might be my brothers.) This makes me severly unhappy because I lent my Gold to a friend, and it works fine. :C

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    my crystal died which really ticked me off. My first silver died with my cursing lugia. I then bought a silver from gamestop and it and gold havent died.

Norcinu

Beginning Snagger
    Years
    My Silver, and both my Crystal versions are dead. (I have no idea why I have two. One might be my brothers.) This makes me severly unhappy because I lent my Gold to a friend, and it works fine. :C

D: Aw geez, I'm in the EXACT situation you're in. I've just realised my Silver and Crystal are busted yet gold is still going strong but I lent it to a friend too...

Well I've researched how to fix this problem and found a few guides that seem humane enough, I haven't tried fixing mine yet but hopefully it could help here someone out:

https://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15464
    https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-replace-the-battery-in-a-pokemon-goldsilve/

By the sounds of it, I think it's best if you get a professional to do this as it sounds potentially disasterous for the game and even your fingers.

Ayselipera

My Gold, Silver, and Crystal all haven't died yet.
    Although I haven't played any of them in a long
    time.

Marionette

¿ǝɹnɔ ɐ
    Years
    My Silver and Gold have both died now ._.'
    And my friends in real life copies have all died too.
    It's saddd ;____;

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    Nope, not yet. My Gold is still working perfectly. c=

Buuut...
    I know it's bound to die out pretty soon. Any time, now. I'd go replace the battery right now, but it deletes your data and makes you start over, regardless of if it already died out on you. D;

Years
    NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY POOR LITTLE HONEY PIES ON CRYSTAL SILVER AND BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sigh: they are all gonna go to the big pokemon center in the sky....that's a good thing though.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I have all six games (RBY & GSC) and all of them are in perfect working order.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years

By the sounds of it, I think it's best if you get a professional to do this as it sounds potentially disasterous for the game and even your fingers.

My friend just changed the battery in his Silver a week ago, and I'm working on my Crystal. My fingers were torn to shreds before I got the battery out of it.. But my Silver's been good to me since I got it when it came out =].

Denzer

Why so serious?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    My Silver died.
    I found my Ruby several months ago and when I played it, it was dead D;
    My crystal was perfect but I gave it to my friend as a gift. =D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back