• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hate For New Generation 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • The one thing I am really terrified for in Gen 6. is the time it takes to get into a battle. With every generation this time has become longer and in Black 2 it annoyed me so much. But now with the 3D effects and all, it will probably be even more of an issue. I don't know, it are just these small things that really make or break a game for me...
    Yes, especially if one is in an area prone to Zubats, tentacruels, or the geodudes of the generation, or is grinding this can be a pain. One just wants to either escape, or get the battle done with and get their Pokemon leveled up or raise their Ev's...

Years
  • i have absolutely no complaints about the new generation
    well, except for that one thing

dedenne. e_e

to me its just another pikachu clone, seems like every generation theres SOME rodent that has that same basic design.

the pikachu evo line + plusle and minun are good enough, but adding pachirisu, emolga, and dedenne is like

pls stop

especially since they dont even evolve into anything

bn11

Poached egg
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 27, 2014
    Well they have to change things to keep people interested. Some older fans may not be happy, but imagine being like 7 or 8 and seeing these mega evos and new region in 3d i'd have been curled up in a ball in my room til the 12th cause all that would matter would be catching them all!

It's either this or they stop making new games, which none of us here want i would assume.

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2014
    No RS remakes confirmed yet

The only real eh I have is already strong Pokemon getting mega evolutions. Something like Mawile...okay, but Garchomp, Lucario, etc.? I'm not too into the competitive scene though(not like they'll be accepted anyways) so it's not a bother really, just seems out of place; aka it's not hate. It's a little cool even.

Pretty much like everything so far, although I've warmed up to nearly everything so far for every gen anyways to some degree, haha.

Mega Charizard Brings Drought.

Not only do you get a sunny day lead with flying already built in, chances are he's going to have an even better stat spread. That's makes him viable in my eyes. Megas will be used if they are strong enough to warrant the loss of an item slot.

On topic,

I've actually enjoyed every gen of pokemon, 6 will probably be no different. There seems to be a lot more sweeping changes in gen 6 and that's cool and interesting to me. I understand the eve training changes, not everyone wants to kill basculin's to get them speed eves for 15 minutes. Sky battles and horde battles are this generations Double/Triple/Rotation battle. They are gimmicky, but interesting takes.

As far as pokemon design, they've seemingly gone back to their roots. I understand Gen 5 had a lot of weird pokemon imo, but they added something new. Gen 5 gave me Excadrill, Stoutland, Scrafty and a few other really cool pokes. I've liked most of the pokemon they have introduced so far. I mean...Rock/Dragon T-Rex with a beard...love it.

as far as it being 3D, it had to happen sometime. it seems like they are keeping the overall feel of battling intact, while spicing up the moves to look really cool. I can't wait to see what Sandstorm looks like and Tyranitar stomping and biting other pokemon.

There are a lot of really cool features, and honestly anyone hating on Gen 6 is probably one of the people i know that are all

"Man, Pokemon was best in G1, when there where 151 pokemon and there wasn't a bazillion moves." and they can't accept change.

Don't fear change. Embrace it. Mega Evolve with us!

Years
  • I honestly don't hate it at all.. Gen 6 is one of those generations I have actually been most excited for, and I've been more excited for it in comparison to Gen V and Gen IV combined. I'll be looking forward to getting my copy of Y when it comes out, so no hate from me at all. :)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • All I've got to say is that there are some generation VI Pokemon I really like (Helioptile, Pancham, Chespin, Froakie, Fennekin, Noivern, Yveltal), while there's others I really dislike. (Pyroar, Xerneas and many others I can't remember the names of).

As of now with the current bunch, there's more of the latter than the former unfortunately.

Shiarra

Ghost Of The Forest
    Years
  • The digimon stuff was predictable, i'm open for new things, but there's things i will miss from earlier gens, like the pokemon able to follow you around, and the mechanics used in the world where giratina is, being able to walk sideways was fun.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    The digimon stuff was predictable, i'm open for new things, but there's things i will miss from earlier gens, like the pokemon able to follow you around, and the mechanics used in the world where giratina is, being able to walk sideways was fun.

I wonder why the following pokemons didn't came back after HGSS.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 17, 2016
    Hmm,Remember pokemon colosseum with the girl who follow you...
    No way, worst idea ever.

Dedenne

The Antenna Pokémon
    Years
  • Whoever hates on my beautiful Dedenne will get a bullet through their face ;-;

StΩrmyStory

Novice Pokemon ROM hacker
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Feb 24, 2014
    Think about it this way, with a corny analogy.
    It's better to have a train that keeps moving, so more people can get on, rather than have a train that stays in place with the same people.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Don't revive threads that are over a month old—this is considered necro-posting and is against the rules. d:

Community Rules said:
    Do not post in threads that have not been posted in for more than a month. (2 pts / 2 wks)
    A thread that has not been posted in for more than a month (generally around 30 days) is considered "old". Please do not revive old threads . If there's a topic you're interested in but the thread is too old to be posted in, create a new thread. Exceptions do apply in certain forums, so check the rules to see if they're exempt. Sticky threads are also usually exempt.

Thread locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back