• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hate For New Generation 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Ok how do you know about the frame rates? Did you play the demo or are you going by gameplay footage ?

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
    Years
  • Gen 6 looks pretty promising so far. I like the look of it, but I can't really say I like all of he Pokemon that have been revealed. I do realize every Gen has their fair share of bad designs, but I can't stand the design of Flabébé, Spritzee, and Dedenne. Also, I would have preferred a "light" type over fairy type and I don't really love the mega evolutions. That's just my preference, though, I really don't have a problem with those two things.

I think I'll just wait until the games come out to give a rational opinion, though. I don't wanna do too much speculating.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Ok how do you know about the frame rates? Did you play the demo or are you going by gameplay footage ?
    Three ways:

1. The most reliable way. EShop. I have saw some trailers and they are still a good indication to tell you the frame rate, particularly the latest ones. (E3 one in the eShop) And yes, they're below 30fps. (ESPECIALLY in 3D)
    2. Youtube videos are still good indicatives as well. Even though they cap at 30fps. so it's impossible to know if a game is 30fps or 60fps, it is however possible to notice if they were LOWER than 30fps. And each video I saw were lower than 30fps.
    3. Going off by some hand-on impression from people who DID play the demo. And yeah, they said the frame rate isn't good. They even said there were occasional drops (by 5-10 frames!) too. :/

There are improvements since the first showing but frankly they're still not good enough. I doubt we'd be able to get solid 30fps with no drops.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Three ways:

1. The most reliable way. EShop. I have saw some trailers and they are still a good indication to tell you the frame rate, particularly the latest ones. (E3 one in the eShop) And yes, they're below 30fps. (ESPECIALLY in 3D)
    2. Youtube videos are still good indicatives as well. Even though they cap at 30fps. so it's impossible to know if a game is 30fps or 60fps, it is however possible to notice if they were LOWER than 30fps. And each video I saw were lower than 30fps.
    3. Going off by some hand-on impression from people who DID play the demo. And yeah, they said the frame rate isn't good. They even said there were occasional drops (by 5-10 frames!) too. :/

There are improvements since the first showing but frankly they're still not good enough. I doubt we'd be able to get solid 30fps with no drops.

Oh ok I got you. Now some of the hands on impression from people , are they from the most recent demo or from an earlier one? And if an earlier one is it possible that they tweaked the game up since then?

Lol never mind, I need to learn how to read sorry

Now will the frame rate have an effect on how fast battling goes?
    Kinda like how gen 3 was cool and fast and how I can't even play a gen 4 game because how long it takes ?
    Also from the game demo it seems battles are at a good pace

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    And just like that, with one whole post you basically admitted that you don't know what frame rate per second is.

How about you ask me directly if you want the answer.

I don't know entirely about frame rates, but I know what's important. Frame rates make the game faster and make it run smoother. The more frames it runs per second, the smoother the game runs. Don't say I don't know what i'm talking about when you are the one hating on a new game because of framerates, when you don't even know how much frame rates it runs. Sure you have a good indication, but things can change before the release of the game.

Anyway, why do you care about frame rates so much? It's an RPG, it's not like it stops you from doing stuff in game, it just means that the game is slightly slower, and may slow down occasionally. What's so bad about it?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2016
    I don't really understand why people hate pokemon xy coz of its 3D design.
    Okay now 2D pokemon game are "dead", but its called technical progress, we have to accept it.
    3D is a good idea for pokemon, it can give more deep in the game and young gamer will certainly enjoy this coz of the anime.

Hovewer 3D is'nt always a good solutions, we can saw it in the last mario and luigi.. its awfull..they ruined a part of the game's spirit..

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I don't really understand why people hate pokemon xy coz of its 3D design.
    Okay now 2D pokemon game are "dead", but its called technical progress, we have to accept it.
    3D is a good idea for pokemon, it can give more deep in the game and young gamer will certainly enjoy this coz of the anime.

Hovewer 3D is'nt always a good solutions, we can saw it in the last mario and luigi.. its awfull..they ruined a part of the game's spirit..

They have no rational bases to hate. Now once the full game is release and they've played then I'd reconize their hate as legitamit because they tried it and didn't like it

Gigabyyyte

Exploring the world of Kalos!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2013
    I really think the Mega Evolutions stink. Real bad.

It's already kinda cheesy melding "mega" and "evolution" together, but the flat-out concept just feels… different for some reason. It's kinda like some idea borrowed from Ben 10 or something. Think about it. "Mega Mewtwo, go!" WHAAAT? I my opinion, it's dumb and lame and weird. Besides, Mega Mewtwo's sprite stinks as well.

Also, why does Blaziken have an ultimate form and Swampert does not? Or Sceptile? What's with Blaziken that it should be one of the first to be introduced with a Mega Evolution? It's unfair for the other Hoenn starters' final evolutions, and all those other similar guys (Venusaur, Typhlosion, etc). That's TOTALLY UNFAIR, bro.

I'm sorry; I know all of us has our respective opinions, but please be guided accordingly. I'm not here to force mine into your heads; I'm just stating what I think. Thanks for being open-minded. (: I LOVE YOU ALL!

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014

It's already kinda cheesy melding "mega" and "evolution" together, but the flat-out concept just feels… different for some reason. It's kinda like some idea borrowed from Ben 10 or something. Think about it. "Mega Mewtwo, go!" WHAAAT? I my opinion, it's dumb and lame and weird. Besides, Mega Mewtwo's sprite stinks as well.

Also, why does Blaziken have an ultimate form and Swampert does not? Or Sceptile? What's with Blaziken that it should be one of the first to be introduced with a Mega Evolution? It's unfair for the other Hoenn starters' final evolutions, and all those other similar guys (Venusaur, Typhlosion, etc). That's TOTALLY UNFAIR, bro.

I'm sorry; I know all of us has our respective opinions, but please be guided accordingly. I'm not here to force mine into your heads; I'm just stating what I think. Thanks for being open-minded. (: I LOVE YOU ALL!

It is rumored that all the other starters will get Mega Evolutions.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021

Lol first I respect your opinion ,
    Second this is nothing like Ben 10
    Third you can't honestly think those are the only pokemon getting mega evolutions they were just the first shown. The fact is corocoro is going to show off more in a couple of weeks

Years
  • I really think the Mega Evolutions stink. Real bad.

About your last point-
    Pokemon from the very begining was unfair, there are pokemon like farfatch'd who don't get evolution and remain weak and pokemons like dragonite which have much more better stats than most pokemons.
    So in my opinion mega evos is last thing to complain about...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Lol first I respect your opinion ,
    Second this is nothing like Ben 10
    Third you can't honestly think those are the only pokemon getting mega evolutions they were just the first shown. The fact is corocoro is going to show off more in a couple of weeks
    This is true, Corocoro even mentioned that this next issue will have more Megas. Also it's rumored that the other starters will be getting Megaevoloutions.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    This is true, Corocoro even mentioned that this next issue will have more Megas. Also it's rumored that the other starters will be getting Megaevoloutions.
    Just so long as starters from the first generation get them I will be happy. Nicknames better stay when you use a Megaevolution.
    MegaFeraligator would be nice too.

Years
  • Fairy Type seems a bit much. I think they should have focused on the making more eevee-lutions. Also I have a thing with the Mega pokes. It's like if you don't have one, then you're going to have a tough time battling good players. That feeling that i got from black and white as well. I didn't play black and white because I felt forced in to that other world (can't recall the name atm.) Not to mention after going really competitive on DDP, I didn't want to deal with Black and White's new world. Dunno really. Will just have to find out in the end.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I want Houndoom to get a Mega, but I suspect it won't because of the white Christian fundamentalists who cringe at the existence of a Pokémon based on a beast from the underworld. Even though Houndoom looks quite tame.

Years
  • I've got both opinion on Gen VI. Here's my reasoning:

Like the idea: More Pokemon, new region, more to learn
    Dislike the idea: I think they are running out of Pokemon names slowly.

So I'd say I'm 80/20 if anyone gets me. Looking forward to it though mind you :) going to be hard to buy in cards for first few months I bet!

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • I've got both opinion on Gen VI. Here's my reasoning:

Like the idea: More Pokemon, new region, more to learn
    Dislike the idea: I think they are running out of Pokemon names slowly.

So I'd say I'm 80/20 if anyone gets me. Looking forward to it though mind you :) going to be hard to buy in cards for first few months I bet!

They've always had pokemon names that make you think "they must be running out"
    Gen V had plenty, and we'd thought that they couldn't come up with something new, but Gen VI has a lot of unique names so far.

Years
  • They've always had pokemon names that make you think "they must be running out"
    Gen V had plenty, and we'd thought that they couldn't come up with something new, but Gen VI has a lot of unique names so far.
    Yeah I do agree with you. In Gen V I thought there's no way they'll be a Gen VI just because of some of the names. Getting hard to pronounce too. Doesn't help that I suffer from dyslexia and mildly autistic haha.

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • Yeah I do agree with you. In Gen V I thought there's no way they'll be a Gen VI just because of some of the names. Getting hard to pronounce too. Doesn't help that I suffer from dyslexia and mildly autistic haha.

Dyslexia is understandable in this case, but Autism, not so much. I have it as well, but it has no effect on my opinion of pokemon names....

There will probably be more basic, and/or generic-ish names like Talonflame, but there is plenty of potential for creative names. It all really depends on the species of pokemon. I mean, Pancham and Pangoro are quite creative, even with the Pan part in their name from Panda.

tnfsf11

I actually don't like the designs of MegaMewtwo & MegaAmpharos, the first looks very weird to me & the latter looks really uncreative, I mean it's basically Ampharos with a lot of white hair.

What I don't get is, Mareep was supposed to lose more & more wool as it grew, since Flaaffy has half the wool that Mareep has & Ampharos has no wool at all. And now they decide to make a mega form for Ampharos & he regains wool/hair!
    I'm only butt-hurt about this because at some point of the game I might be forced to MegaEvolve Ampharos to make it powerful enough to stand up to other overpowered Pokémon while I don't like its mega design.

Other than that this generation is almost perfect, I'd hate to say this but the 3D graphics put the older games to shame, I never preferred 3D over sprites but this game took my breath away...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back