• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Have Pokemon B/W Ruined Online Battling?

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2011
    Unless I'm being completely dense, it seems the only option for battling online is 3v3, levels set to 50 (or lower if they weren't 50 already), and you can see the opponent Pokemon.

From what I can tell, there is no option for standard 6v6 level 100.

IMO, this has completely destroyed the entire online battling system. What does everyone else think?

SilverCrown

Fired Up!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 6, 2022
    What person are you talking to? To battle a friend or random wi-fi? The random wi-fi person is the one on the far right, and you can pick from different battle types that you want to play.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2011
    Yeah, but this is only for random battles, and it still only allows 3v3.

I want the online battling we're used to from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - level 100, 6v6. I've spoke to everyone, and changed every option, but it doesn't seem like it's there :/

SilverCrown

Fired Up!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 6, 2022
    Weird. If you talk to the lady on the right at the back of a Pokemon Center, she'll ask you if you'd like to use Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, and a small list of things will appear. Random Matchup, Global Trade, Musical Photos, Battle Videos and Info. If you click Random Matchup, another small screen will appear with the options of Challenge or Info to pick from. If you pick Challenge, a list of battle types appear and you can pick from those. Single Battle, Double Battle, Triple Battle, Rotation Battle and Launcher Battle should come up for you to pick from.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2011
    Yeah, what you said does happen. But not one of these options actually gives you a 6v6 match. And I don't want a random battle. I want a normal wi-fi battle, with someone whose friend code I've registered.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2011
    Have any of you guys actually tried doing this though? It still takes you to a 3v3 level 50 battle, no matter who you speak to.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I'll try a little test now, I'll edit this post later if I get the same as you.~

edit;

I've checked the rules and it states you can only pick three pokémon after the oppenent and you have seen each others pokémon...

So for single I guess you can't...

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'll try a little test now, I'll edit this post later if I get the same as you.~

edit;

I've checked the rules and it states you can only pick three pokémon after the oppenent and you have seen each others pokémon...

So for single I guess you can't...

I really hope there's a way around this or it really sucks. Many pokemon can quite comfortably take out three pokemon and with your opponent only having three to choose from it's even less likely they'll have a counter...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Why? Just formulate a new strategy? Itll make you think more, thats it. It shouldnt be RUINED for you.

His opinion is his opinion, it's not your place to tell him whether or not it "should" be ruined for him. Maybe he doesn't enjoy other types of battles, or likes battling using a certain team that's tweaked for perfect 6v6 play. If you still want to battle, that's your opinion as well, just like he shouldn't tell you that you shouldn't battle because of the new parameters.

I personally think taking something like that out is just silly. Can you do it in the Union Room? I know you're talking about Wifi for long distance, but at least if you're near someone, that's something.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    3v3 as a must will just make everyone use online servers and file saved and downloaded pokes lol

MAizHxC

HG FC: 3395 8610 0902
    Years
  • His opinion is his opinion, it's not your place to tell him whether or not it "should" be ruined for him. Maybe he doesn't enjoy other types of battles, or likes battling using a certain team that's tweaked for perfect 6v6 play. If you still want to battle, that's your opinion as well, just like he shouldn't tell you that you shouldn't battle because of the new parameters.

I personally think taking something like that out is just silly. Can you do it in the Union Room? I know you're talking about Wifi for long distance, but at least if you're near someone, that's something.

Obviously, you have no clue about what i said. I said it SHOULDNT be ruined for him. Before he decides to call something stupid he should try it more than a few times. I was never telling him about what decisions to make, just saying that it shouldnt ruin his pokemon battling experience. Maybe you too should think and interpret what people are saying before you reply. Thanks :)

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2011
    I don't know where you guys are getting this 3v3 only from. You can change rules to allow for full, 6v6, normal battles.

Can someone (who has actually tried and proved it) please actually tell me how to do this then? Because I am seeing no options for 6v6.

Better yet, send me your FC and give me a 6v6 battle.

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2011
    guys stop panicing lol iv been playing wifi battles on black and white since i got my hands on the jap. rom just add a fc and talk to the middle person THIER IS NOTHING DIFFERENT what you guys are talking about is the random battles that are 3 on 3

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2011
    guys stop panicing lol iv been playing wifi battles on black and white since i got my hands on the jap. rom just add a fc and talk to the middle person THIER IS NOTHING DIFFERENT what you guys are talking about is the random battles that are 3 on 3

Sorry mate, I don't know what you're talking about, but that is not what happens when you talk to the middle person.

Back