• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Have you caught Mew?

Gold95

Am I really...? Gold?
Years
  • You can lock this thread if the same thread is there...

It's about have you caught Mew without any Glitches or Cheats nor Gameshark?
    Though I haven't caught it b'coz I never use Gameshark........ :D

Years
  • The only way to legit catch Mew, is through an event for Emerald, you need the old sea map which was only released in Japan during 2005. So unless someone here GTS'd it over, or lived in Japan, I don't think anyone has it legit..... I WISH I DID THOUGH!!!! :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    There were other events, although those involved having Mew traded to you or receiving it without having to battle it...

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    The only way to legit catch Mew, is through an event for Emerald, you need the old sea map which was only released in Japan during 2005. So unless someone here GTS'd it over, or lived in Japan, I don't think anyone has it legit..... I WISH I DID THOUGH!!!! :)
    How could you GTS a legit Mew on to an advanced gen game?

Sajin

Pokemon Expert
    Years
  • I got may mew by mailing my emerald across seas to Japan, beacuse a guy on ebay was charging people money so he could get the old sea map, then send it back over. I had to check the guys feedback before I sent it though, beacuse I didn't want my game to get stolen, but it was a risk
    I took, because come on It's MEW. My parents paid for the whole thing over the internet, and the total came down to like $75.00. I did the same with some of the other tickets too.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    I got my Mew in a similar situation with someone on this very board. I mailed them my Emerald and they got the Old Sea Chart for me.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    Yes, I do have Mew on my Fire Red. I got it from an event at a local Toys R' Us that only went on for a day where Mew was traded to either your Fire Red or Leaf Green. It didn't cost any money, but you did have to wait in a very long line. I arrived early, so I only had to wait for about an hour, but I bet the people who arrived later had to wait a maximum of 4 hours. That was over a year ago, and, I have to say, events are so much faster now. The latest event I went to was for a Lv. 100 Regigigas. All you had to do was walk in, download the Mystery Gift, and that was it. It amazes me how far they've come.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
  • Having a legit Mew would be great! But the sad thing is, they might all be extinct soon.. o_o..Imagine all the Mews that stay in the games and never get transfered. Soon the internal batteries will just die and then, you've lost your precious Mew. And even more unlucky for people who have legit Mews in R/B/Y or G/S/C.

Years
  • Yeah, i got it, but then my game was stolen. My precious emerald! With 18 LVL 100s and a mew! It is possible to GTS it, just migrate from emerald to D/P/Pt, and go from there. I cried after hat happened. and then i missed an episode of neighbours. worst day ever. D:

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I didn't go to any event, sadly. I wonder what it's like to have a Mew or fully complete the Kanto part of your Pokedex...

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
  • I have three legit Mews. I got them on three different games, and I obtained them via a event that was here in the UK a couple years ago. I am now in process getting me another Mew via Pokemon Ranch for my Diamond Pokedex. :)

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
  • I never got it, sadly. My friend has it hacked but I want to get it legitly. If theres never another event for it or another chance to get it I will never get all my pokedex filled up. I really don't like having non-legit pokemon, even if the only way to get them is to cheat; then I will just never get them :) It's what I do.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I attended the Toys 'R Us event and got 4 Mew. The wait wasn't too long, but there were annoying nubs in front of me saying that Charizard was the best pokemon. Anyway, my Mew either rot in the PC or are cloned/palparked.

Back