• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

have you caught'em all?

SpiderCarnage

This guy
    Years
    i have no idea if there is a thread like this cuz i did'nt find one.

Have you caught all 493 pokemon "legit" i have finally collected them all!!! im boasting away & 3 boxes are shiny verrsions all legit wooohooo!!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I've completed the Pokedex in Platinum, therefore I have little desire to complete it all over again in Soul Silver. AFAIK they're all legit, insofar as the ones I had to get over the GTS were legit.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Sorry, but this thread doesn't belong here. As this is about the video games (I highly doubt you're refrencing to real life) I think I'll move this to General Pokemon Gaming.

Also, as an answer to your question: no, I haven't caught all 493. I haven't even come close yet! XD

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Nope.

However, I have completed regional 'dexes in my own way:

- LeafGreen - Caught 130-something, which is the most captureable without events and trading. This was only out of the original 151, btw.
    - Emerald - Literally caught everything available without trades and events.
    - Diamond - Completed Regional Pokedex.

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
    I completed the National Dex after trading with a friend and breeding the Pokémon she traded me, I got legendaries and events from random trades. It took me a long time. ¬¬

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Nope. Haven't even bothered to since Yellow. I just catch whatever I need for a wifi team and everything else be damned. XD

Years
    No, I've never caught all of them. I do plan to though and I'm trying to now, since I entered into a catch 'em all challenge at the moment. My current count at the moment is about 80 or so and I'm trying to get a lot done over the next month or so since I'm on my holiday at the moment. The closest I've ever got to it is on my Platinum when I got about 200 or so.

Years
    I've never caught all of the Pokémon in a game. The closest I've ever come to completing the Pokédex is catching about 138 of the 151 Pokémon on my Red version. After Gold and Silver I didn't even make the effort anymore. When I play through the newer games I only ever use the Pokémon I need.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I have never gotten close to getting all the pokemon. I wished to at one point.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Not since Blue, and that wasn't fully legit, because of Mew. I'm trying to on my Pearl version, but it's going slow. I'm close to halfway there. At least this time, I haven't used any cheating devices for event Pokemon.

Years
    • WA
    • Seen Jul 19, 2012
    Caught all 151 in Blue, 250 in Crystal and I had around 340 something in Leaf Green.

That's the closest I've ever come.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Completing the Pokedex with all 493 Pokemon, is a very big feat to accomplish, so... no I have not completed yet~! D:

However, my Diamond has about 340 Pokemon Data in it. That was the closest I will ever get to 493, haha.

Styxx

Obsessive Breeder
    Years
    Not I. Waaaaaaaay too much work. And there are so many Pokemon I don't want at all... I'm not catching a dunsparce just to complete the Pokedex. I did it in blue once, really disappointing because I expected to get something cool or something and didn't.

My mom is almost there on pearl, sort of annoying when your mother is a better trainer than you. lol

Rapidash

Firefly Class.
    Years
    Got them all in Blue! But I haven't bothered since then. Maybe I will try in B&W, but will be complicated due to my inability to go to events ¬.¬

Back