• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you eve broken a controller?

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
Years
  • Out of my three Nintendo Gamecube controllers, I only have one working.

I try to keep all of my controllers and consoles in good condition. My mother always warn me that if I ever break one, I'll have to pay for a new one.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I killed a N64 controller like a few years ago while I was playing the first Super Smash Brothers game with a friend of mine. I accidentally dropped it, and the gray control stick came off the controller. Hehe, I was clumsy back then. lol

Zurenriri

Has What Grass-Types Crave
    Years
  • Threw a PS2 controller across the room after getting slammed by my friend in ATV Offroad Fury 3... many times in a row. It still works but the vibration function is dead and there's something rattling in there.

I have a mouse that got a smoothie spilled on it so it barely works (quit using it about a year ago).

Also the keyboard I'm using occasionally loses its connection, so I have to smack it to get it to work again, but I bought it used on eBay and it came that way. (IMO worth it since it's a $120 keyboard and I got it for $35)

Other than that all of my gaming equipment is in excellent condition.

Last edited:

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Yup. Two. PS2 controllers. One could have taken my TV with it.

One I was playing bloody roar two. Busuzima (who before then I NEVER had THAT MANY problems against) kept getting perfects on me. (And every fight before then, well, I was the one getting perfects.) Sometimes I would get CLOSE to getting a blow in but the time that broke me, I didn't even get a chance to move. I slammed the controller on the ground (I was on the floor) and it bounced hard, hit my knee equally hard... and ceased working.

PS2 controller number two I was doing a minigame in Xenosaga episode two. You had to be quick on your buttons an wash the windows in X amount of time and I believe you got a decoder key for a door that had a cool item behind it. I was easily hitting the buttons right, but the game didn't seem to register that. I kept having to sit there longer than I should have trying ot get Shion to wash the freakin window... but she didn;t... so I lost it and threw my controller at the TV. There was a spark, the controller's left army-thing shattered, and the TV went off. The TV still works fine, and my controller did for quite some time (A couple years) but it finally ceased working... Duct tape helped repair what was left of the broken arm but alas it only lasted so long... Which saddens me greatly... it was a blue glowy Pelican controller. That thing was beast (and it could light up my entire room.)

DeSu.DS

Masta-Blasta
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2011
    Playing xbox 360, yes. I had been playing Street Fighter 4 ALL that day and I started to get pissed at those dang challenges. I kept getting to the last one and losing....... So I flung my controller at my wall and it shattered. Luckily it wasn't my main controller. ^_^ .... (Yes, I keep a spare controller for those just in case purposes ...... I advise you all do the same.)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Our Wii controllers don't work anymore because the batteries leaked. I'm not sure if I was the one who did it.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • Well... After 12 years of playing on an N64 controller it began to break down and soon completely broke.sigh. But I got a new one!:)

BringYourOwnKites

Seriously. These are mine.
    Years
  • I can control my temper pretty well while playing video games. But my brother on the other has gone through about ten xbox controllers and two PS2 controllers.

Back