• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever been locked out of your car/house/aparmtent/etc.?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    What the title says.

If so, what happened? How did you get back in?

I once was locked out of my house while with some other people. My sister's fiance is quite a bit taller than I am (and older, obviously)...he pretty much picked me up and pushed me into an open window. x; The upside to being underweight, hmm?

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • Oh my god, I got locked out of my car a few nights ago when I was at my friend's house. It was like 4 in the morning and I spent a good half hour staring through the window at my keys in the ignition. I lost my AAA card and my friend didn't have any clothes hangers. It was painful and I nearly cried because I didn't know what to do.

Turns out my back passenger side window was open for some reason, though.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • my Boyfriend was locked out of our Flat/apartment because he left his key inside. He had to wait until me and My daughter came home after 2 hours locked out. I have never been locked out though.

Years
  • I got locked out my Peugeot 106 a few months ago, pulled up and my mates, fantastic, locked car, went back to it, sat on passanger seat, forgot keys were in my back pocket, they fell out onto the seat, I pushed handle in, it locked, went back to car, saw keys on my seat so we had to get my mtes car out to drive me 20 minutes to my now exs house to get my spare house key to drive yet another 20 minutes to get me into my house for spare keys to drive yet another 15 minutes to my car.. god what a long hour and a half that was!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • How ironic.. this happened to me last night. I was out with my friends until 10PM and when I went back home, no one was there and I left my keys at home. I had to wait for my dad until 12h30AM and I had to pee so badly :(

Years
  • My sister locked the whole family out of our house. I had to take out the ladder, climb on the garage roof and break in through her window to get back in. It was that or pay $150 for a locksmith to blow the lock on our front door.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
    Years
  • Here's a fun story.

I left work at around 7pm last week, and walked towards the carpark.
    When I got to my bike I took my backpack off to get my gloves out, and then put my helmet on but i stopped because i heard someone crying.

There was a car parked next to me with a distraught looking girl by it, I asked her what was wrong as she said she couldn't get into her car because 'the battery in the key has run out and i can unlock it'

Yup, that's right folks. She didn't know you could put the key in the door to unlock it.
    She was around 18 from my guess, so she had probably just passed. After I told her I laughed in her face and rode off.

I'm ashamed to be the same species as someone so dense.

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I always have a spare set of keys hidden (very well might I add) so if I accidentally lost them, or dropped them, (or thought I did but they were actually wedged at the bottom of my handbag) or whatever.. I know I could still get in :3

Somniac, that was a good story haha.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • I lock my car keys in my car all the freaking time. I am very lucky because I have a plastic door key in my wallet so when I do I can just unlock the door and get my actual keys.

I theorize that I only lock them in so much since I subconsciously know it's no big deal. if I didn't have my back up I would totally be more responsible. Yeah.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Car, a number of times. I used a spare key to regain entry. I wouldn't have a problem with breaking windows, if it ever comes to that... I mean, I'm not sure I could physically manage it, but I'm willing to pay for my mistakes.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I was locked out in the rain one once. I had taken the wrong pair of keys with me, so I was pretty pissed at myself. I don't know why, but I was pretty desperate to get inside, probably because I hate rain. So I spent a few minutes trying to open one of the windows on the side of the house in the driveway, but they were locked. Then I eyed the huuuuuuge ladder in the garage and remembered my room on the second floor had an unlocked window. Imagine what I did next. I didn't get in though, cause my mother called while I was halfway up and told me to go to the library since I was stupid. Around the same time, my neighbor left his house and just stared at me. I just smiled and waved, and then carried my ladder and walked away.

Years
  • Not that I can remember. If I did it wasn't such an inconvenience that I remembered it.

On the flip side, I once locked out my parents from the house on accident -- they didn't even have house keys on them because we didn't lock our house. And once I lost a purse in the ocean which had my mom's car keys in them... I can't quite remember how we got out of that one.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I was locked out of my house and my car before! Multiple times.

Being locked out of your house isn't that bad, because at least you have your car (if you have one) to go to if you don't have your car key, but being locked out of your car when you're out and about is absolutely dreadful, especially if you're not close to home. Thankfully, I haven't locked my keys in my car without being near someone who knows how to break into it and unlock the door, but it's still a terrible thing to have to go through.

I lock my keys into my car a lot. I sometimes try to get in through the trunk because my trunk is broken and can open without having to be unlocked, so I try to remember to keep the back seats pushed out a little so I can kick through and knock them down, but I always tend to lock my car keys in my car after people have been in the backseat, so that doesn't really work out all too well and I have to rely on a coworker who breaks into it with a machete and this long hook that grabs my lock and pushes it up. He can do it in less than a minute!

Years
  • I've been locked out of both my car and my house before. Only once for both though. For my house, I had to sort of break into my basement xD I had to go through the window to get in. It was stormy out and didn't really know what else to do. For my car, I locked my keys inside and just called my dad to come with my spare. Luckily he was home at the time.

Years
  • There's only been one time that I was locked outside of my house, and from what I remember it wasn't a fun experience.

I was in 11th grade in either late May or early June, so it was pretty hot outside. It usually took me half an hour to walk back from school, and by the time I made it home, I realized it was the one day where I left my keys in my locker, so I had to make the trek back to go get them. When I finally got there, I found out that a small fire happened in the cafeteria, and the school had to be evacuated. My only choices were walking back home and waiting an hour for my dad to get home, or wait at the school for an unknown amount of time before heading home. After sticking around for 20 minutes, I decided to just walk back home. And because it was just one of those days, he didn't make it home for an hour later than normal thanks to an accident on the highway. By the time I finally got in, it was probably 3 hours after I got off of school.

Now that I'm actually thinking about it, that sounds like a storyline on a bad sitcom. That was probably the only time in high school that I can actually remember that I wished I had a cell phone.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I remember getting myself locked out on the hotel balcony, on the 8th floor. Luckily someone knew I was trapped down below, and managed to get one of the cleaners to open the door. I remember the cleaner saying something like "tu es loco" or something close to it XD

)-)))''z

fish
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2013
    few times.

I think I was 10th grade and my parents were away, thought they were coming back that day. Ended up sleeping the night in the shed... hahah they didnt show up the next day either so I smashed a window to get in. Homeless for about 24 hours haha.

More recently lived in a place with no door handle. the door locked anytime you shut it. Monkeyed my way to the 2nd floor balcony and pulled the screen door off its hinges to get in. Wasn't the most elegant break-in. I was just grateful I didn't end up an embarrassing obituary climbing up the wall to break into my own house

Years
  • Only twice that I remember, one was traumatic one was part of a long day that is just hilarious in hindsight

The first of which was when I was 12 - I had gotten of the bus about fifteen minutes away from my house and started walking home only to notice after a while that a bunch of obnoxious older guys were following me, I laughed it off as a coincidence until they started speeding up and turning up every street the same as me getting progressively louder. I got to my place only to find my phone dead and that I'd forgotten my house key. So I had to go through the side yard (which had a locked pointy gate) and into my back yard from there (through a very thorny bush) get into my house through an added on room that was attached via a window and a door from the backyard (both of which were thankfully unlocked). Then I got to hide in my house all alone for the 30-40 minutes it took my stalkers to stop hanging outside the front of my house.

The other time I was thirteen. Not all of the story relates to being locked out but I'll tell you so you can appreciate the situation. Myself and two of my friends ended up going to the last day of school for the term (few people actually do) because for some reason we had a test that day - despite it only being a half-day. We got out of class only to discover we were the only three people who didn't know that the buses weren't coming until the normal time still. So the three of us (who lived only a few streets apart from one another) walked all the way from our school to friend A's house, where we left him and then the remaining two of us walked the bit further to my other friends place only to find that he had (surprise! lost his key). We jumped the back fence thinking that the back door may be unlocked but it wasn't so we had to wait four hours for his mum and brother to get home and let us in with his cat - who was trapped inside - glaring at us through the window the whole time.

Years
  • I honestly can't remember ever locking myself out of anything (and if I did, I don't remember it).

But then again, I'm kind of paranoid about making sure I have my keys and whatnot, double-checking my pockets and all that, and don't tend to lock up things unless it's with the keys themselves, so yeah. :X I try to make sure I don't lock myself out (though I'd probably freak out a bit if I ever did).

Years
  • Only once that I can remember. I was home and doing laundry, but the laundry room is only accessible from outside so I didn't realize I'd left the door locked when I went out. I wasn't terribly worried except that I didn't want my laundry to sit all damp in the washer as I didn't have any change for the dryer. There was one window that was open a crack, but it was about 7 feet from the ground. There was a ledge about 4 feet tall and maybe 2 feet from the wall so I had just enough reach to open the window and pull myself through but it was not easy and if anyone saw me I'd have looked ridiculous.

Back