• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever been on work experience?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeah not all school's can organise this. But today I did my first day of work experience, at a TV station o3o;

Have you? :3

Years
  • Yep!
    Worked for a radio show near when I am from. Only a 2 week thing from my school.

I have a year out in my University course next year, so I am looking at games companies.
    It is so hard to get people to even consider accepting =[

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • I did work experience when I was in year 10. It was at a Dog Washing center. Though I wasn't qualified to wash the dogs or groom then, I was given the jobs of playing with the dogs and walking them, and I enjoyed it. :)

I just disliked the fact I came home covered in fur. XD;

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I haven't done it yet, but next year I'll be doing it at a photography studio. Just messin' around with Photoshop and all that jazz. Got it arranged a couple of months ago and I'm really looking forward to it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Yeah, I've done 2 lots of work experience, one in a hotel kitchen and one at an airbase. I preffered the latter (obviously). The airbase wasn't really work experience, we were just given a tour and shown what it would be like to work there. For some reason, they wouldn't let us fly any of the planes...
    I've also worked in childcare and I'm currently working in IT, outside of school work experience; I still had a lot of forms to fill out, find an adult willing to have responsibility over me etc. seeing as the law still classes me as a young person.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • My high school never offered anything like this. Well, not in the sense that it was compulsory. There was a program where people could give up their last three periods of the day and get work experience, but that was an everyday ordeal, for school credit.

It does sound interesting though.

Years
  • I had work experience with the IT department of Plymouth Argyle Football Club back in September 2007, at the beginning of Year 11. =3

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I don't think my school offered anything like this...And if it did, I never heard of anyone doing it :O

Years
  • My school only has them every second year. I did mine two years ago at a recording studio. It was pretty amazing, actually. I was surprised I got in, though. There were only five slots for our school, and something like 150 students applied.

Definitely an experience I'll never forget.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    My school doesn't offer it, at least I don't know if they do, lol.

Although I have gone to work the past four weeks as a lifeguard. It as pretty cool, I guess.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I have. Mostly retail and agricultural since there's not anything else I could think of doing and apparently nothing much else in my area.
    All my placements have been compulsory.

I've noticed how one dog is a lot more effective than even six humans at rounding up sheep.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • I did mine in a local middle school (before they went all primary -> secondary tiers on us), but rather than interact with the kids, they had us sort out the library. T_T; I've never looked at the Dewey Decimal system in the same way since...

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I'm going to be doing my next year hopefully~
    I'd like to work in a music shop or something...Should be quite fun i hope :D

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
  • Did my just over a year ago now. Went to work at a computer store/office that my uncle owns. Instead of working on computers or paperwork (Something which I would have tolerated), I ended up just carrying boxes around for most of it or shredding paper. Most people there were nice but I was glad when the week was over.

Back