• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have You ever been Stereotyped?

jaimelectric

Has finally obtained all 493!
Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2011
    I'm often assumed to be a ditsy scene girl with very little brain banging around inside her skull. It's typically the people who don't know me. Just because I squeel over shopping and fashion doesn't mean that I'm a moron.

I know I'm not the smartest person in the world; far from it. I could never possibly be able to learn even a fraction of everthything that exists. Still, It's sad that I can look around a room and feel bad for people who don't realize the potential of their own brains. I see so many people with veils before their eyes, and it really makes me feel that I'm a little separated from the crowd. Maybe it would be better if I was more like mainstream preps that are loved and disliked behind their backs. I dunno.

Oh well. Some kid called me emo once. I giggled and patted him on the head. c:

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
  • Sort of. I've been called a *****/dick because I speak my mind and I'm sarcastic. I'm honest and people don't like that.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
  • Yes... There's this teacher at our school who caught me and my friend outside of school that was stupid but not really illegal or anything like that. Anyway, he approached us and kindly told us to knock it off, but of course my good friend decides to smart off, and failed EPICLY.

Anyway, now this guy talks to me in and outside of school. And I know what he's doing, he thinks that I'm some screwed up individual who needs positive attention from an adult or I will end up in prison... Which really bugs me because we weren't doing anything that was all that bad and I'm not going to end up in prison or in any kind of legal trouble...

So yes, I have been stereotyped by a teacher as loser who really doesn't care... Good thing I can never have him as a teacher =D

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Nerd, Stalker, Pervert, Creepy Guy, Geek, and a lot more things.

I don't really let things get to me.

*****, ****, homosexual*

*The actual words were: fag, queer, and a multitude of others.

Ice Grimm

Mirotic
    Years
  • Yep, thing is I like to go shopping with my girl, and because of that lot of people in my school thought I was homosexual (they didn't know she was my GIRLFRIEND), so I had to explain that I am slightly metrosexual, not homosexual.......

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
  • I've gotten stereotyped so much but I can't complain since it is mostly knackers calling me a hippy despite the fact that knackers are the descendants of the hippies, and on top of that, I stereotype others all the time, so I really can't complain.

BTW, GymLeaderLily, are you actually irish or just have irish relations, because I'd be damned to actually hear a half irish half italian girl say soda, a generally American phrase.

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
  • Meh, I'm always stereotyped as emo/goth.

All because I listen to rock/metal music, I like black and red (Resulting in wearing these colour clothes more often) and other things. I even sometimes got 'Wrist slitting' comments but I occasionally just reply sarcastically etc.

Even one or two family members have started this, but they only occasionally hint it as a joke.

Doesn't bother me that much anymore but occasionally it does make me want to punch someone...

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
  • All the time. I have a lot of scars from a multitude of incidents, and people often ask me if I hurt myself, and if I decide not to answer, I get the usual 'OMG CUTTER EMO LIKE OMG!' comments.

I also get called depressed because I'm sarcastic, or labelled as cowardly because I sit and am sarcastic instead of arguing back.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
  • I'd love to think that stereotypes disappear the older you get. One day everyone will be too busy driving their kids to school and trying to stay awake with coffee to really care. Er... I hope at least. ;____;

I'm always stereotyped as the nice person, I guess. If there's been any other stereotype about me, no one has told it to my face. >____>

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    I have alot of rocker friends, ive been called emo alot
    and a wapanese otaku because im into anime
    poser for unknown reasons,

Im also expected to act a certain way some of my class mates because of my culture and you know how that goes

As well as "youre fifteen already you should have already had OVER 9000 boyfriends" thing,
    I've gotten called gay alot because of that O____o;;

Ive been called a dork and nerd once or twice,
    I liek being a dork though :B

and then not nobody ever bothers to talk to me >:
    not like i'd wanna talk to people like that >.>

xoBoxxy

Off the Wall
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    I've been stereotyped as emo for having a fringe, wearing Hot Topic, and "supposedly" cutting myself [i got out of the shower, fell, and slit my wrist ):]

I've also been stereotyped as preppy for wearing Abercrombie and Aeropostale .___.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2010
    yes. stereotyped for being a nerd/geek ;[. i got really goood grade. but everyone respects me now because i speak up and have become a completely different person. >:]
    whats kinda dumb is the asian stereotyping thing... its mean.

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I got sterotyped as being a Pokemon fan, although I am. XD Long story short, someone asked me in I.T about Pokemon :D (though he knew a few himself, and he was one of the 'popular' people.) I've also been stereotyped as being feminine, for throwing a ball (which I've now stopped doing :D) 'femininely' and having 'feminine lips' (xD) though he also said I have an awesome laugh. :D

Years
  • I've been called emo and goth because I wear a black jacket in the winter. ;__;
    That, and my hair is naturally dark brown.

I wear black clothes most of the time but Ive never been called emo before.
    I guess people talk behind my back all the time and stereotype me but I don't know, they've never called me anything. XD
    The whole stereotyping thing freaks me out anyway. It's just so stupid. Only because you like something you get stereotyped and all. I don't like emos etc. much either cos I think you should just be yourself and not put yourself a mask on.
    BUT Id never treat someone worse because he looks like an emo and I also wouldnt call them like that and make fun of them. After all everyone shall do what they want to as long as they don't harm me. :/

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
  • I've been called emo because my hair is black and the way it's cut : p I've also been stereotyped as gay (feminine ;D + mostly female friends), annnd a nerd because I naturally get high B's and A's without studying XD.

Back