• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever called a Pokémon something else?

...Read the title...

• Yes

Votes: 35 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • N0000BZ!!!!!

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

carter756978

Bass Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    i used to pronounce suicune "su-e-sign" for some reason and when i first watched pokemon i thought pikachu was actually called pokemon

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    i hate it when they call pokemon pokeman

OMG!! my mom calls it that. it gets on my nerves. Once i put Pokemon into a japanese name translator and it did come out as Pokeman but my mom was doing it as to make fun of it.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    I rarely rename Pokemon and often just refer to them by different names, and such. For example, me and a friend refer to Vaporeon as 'Vapi' and Swampert as 'Swampy'. Vapi because its kind of their signature Pokemon... usually always there, in the team. XD Jolteon usually gets referred to as 'Jolty', too.

Anyway, as for the speaking of a Pokemon's name... there was one I used to say all the time that turned out to be, officially incorrect... can't think of it, though... but I do recall saying Scizor's name wrong. OH! Linoone, as well! I didn't start it as you'd say 'Line', which I eventually found to be the 'official' correct way of saying it.

There are probably more that I pronounced incorrectly, such as Girafarig, (which I did) but I can't think of any... others. XD

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    I VERY rarely give a pokemon a nickname... I used to a little more often when I was younger, but the only current nickname I can remember is for my Shinx. (now and forever a luxio) I nicknamed it Shanx :D. That name was just too amazing to ignore lol.

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
    Called a Pineco "Kungidama" (it's japanese name) coz I didn't know the english name for it at that time.

Years
    I used to pronounce Articuno wrong
    Real pronunciation:
    Ar- tick- oo- no
    Emphasis on the oo
    Mine:
    Ar- tick- you- no
    Emphasis on the tick. :P

Moltres was said Molters.. yes I had no grasp of Spanish :P

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Yah it's not really funny but i just called him Emplon by mistake. :s
    If i accidently catch one then i can just change it to what it looks like in life.....
    Really boring -_-

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
    Back before D/P was released in the US, I only knew the 4th gen Pokémon by their Japanese names from watching the first few episodes of the newer seasons, so my friends became quite confused when I said "Pocchama is the new water starter and it looks almost like a penguin."

I still call Smeargle "Smeagol" because it's funny to think of a LoTR character who finds himself completely out of place by participating in a Pokémon battle. I still refer to Bidoof as "piece of crap that little kids think they can put on the GTS to get legendaries."

Off-Topic: I've found that by naming your worthless GTS Pokémon ridiculous names, you might actually get something for it. I once named a Bibarel "Gonorrhea" and actually got what I wanted. :shocked:

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    I don't know why, but I call Chinglings dust buddies..And I call the geodude evolution like freakin stone monsters...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back