• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever called a Pokémon something else?

...Read the title...

• Yes

Votes: 35 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • N0000BZ!!!!!

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I called togetic togikachu, because of that's I saw it called in a badly-translated preview magazine. I almost like it better. unown was, temporarily, un-noun.groudon, groodon and kyogre, keeogree. >.<
    engrish, preaze.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I used to say Ho-Ho instead of Ho-Oh
    I prenounce Bonsly Bons-ly not Bons-lee but meh...
    Also, according to Revolution Ponyta is prenounced Pone-ee-ta but I always prenounced it Pone-ee-tar. Damn, and I still prenounce it wrong XD
    Also, I used to prenounce Suii-cune Suu-i-cun.
    Meh, thats about it. :\

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2013
    I started calling Groudon "Ground-on" by accident and still call it that without thinking. My little brother was 7 when Gold came out and called Ho-oh "Ho-Ho." I always thought that was kinda cute.

Asgard

Why you little...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 31, 2020
    I keep accidentally calling Shaymin "Shaman" D:<
    And I mixed up Azelf's and Uxie's names when I was trying to catch Uxie. I called it Axie -n-;;

Years
    Lets see...

DP was the first generation I was more introduced into the Japanese first. When Takeshi got a Greguru I tried to say that most of the time, but I tend to trip and smash words when I talk to my sister about stuff (Ash into ass, etc.) so I just got Gregul.
    And I can't remember if is Toxicrun..kgy.. or Crogunk half the time, harder to say, so Gregul works best. I STILL call it that.

When I call a pokemon by it's proper Japanese name I don't count it. It's just which one stuck, English or Japanese.

When I was younger....I don't think I did. It was only if I nicknamed a pokemon that I used alot I might call all of them by that name.
    Like in final fantasy tactics advanced I called Moggles "Monblancs".

Edit: I say Swee-kun. @_@ Is that right?

Last edited:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    I always seemed to call pokemon by there real names... well, except once, I had trouble pronouncing Rattata, I said Ra-ta-ta-ta, whit there are not that many ta's...

That, and when Gardevoir came out, I was only a kid, so I would say Gar-de-voi-er..Emphasis on the voi...

Fun Fact: Pokémon is pronounced: Po-Kay-Mon
    The e with an accent mark above it, it is a french letter... it is pronounced AY, r simply, a long A sound.
    Another thing, my sister pronounces Palkia, as Pal-Kia, when it is pronounced Paul-Kia, with an AW sound.

Years
    I used to call Electabuzz "Electrabuzz" for about two years. I just couldn't accept the fact that there was no R in it, because it didn't make sense to me without the R. -_-

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I also saw someone referring to PWNyta...

That was probably me.

It was in reference to Pokémon Battle Revolution's narrator, who has a... interesting way of pronouncing Pokémon's names. Anyway, I don't think I ever mistook a Pokémon name for something else. Sorry.

silverdreams92

Team Rocket member at heart
    Years
    I couldn't pronounce Gardevoir until a few weeks ago. I always thought it was pronounced Guard-eh-voh-ir. I also thought Chimecho was Chime-cho. This was before I started watching the anime again.

My sister can`t pronounce Gyrados. She says Gyratos.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back