• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever caught them all?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Got all in Blue (except for Mew which I only got after my save file corrupted), all but Celebi in Gold, all Pokemon obtainable in Sapphire that don't involve trading and the full Kalos Dex in X (except for these event legendaries).

The whole concept of Event Legendaries kinda destroyed my hopes of getting a perfect Pokedex at least once, though...

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I completed the pokedex for the first (and so far only) time in Soul Silver. I was really into trading back then. Got every pokemon including the event legendaries.

The desire hasn't really been there since then, I might attempt it again in a generation or two.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I really caught them all in my Pearl Version. Like, every single forme of every single Pokémon, every evolution. Bulbasaur through Arceus, I had every single Pokémon in my PC at one point. I tried to continue the trend in Gen V but just couldn't motivate myself, but since Pokémon Bank was released I accomplished the same feat in X and Y!

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I've done it in Red, Gold, Sapphire, LeafGreen (Kanto Dex--haven't completed the National Dex because I didn't attend events in gen 3 and I don't know anyone in real life who did), Diamond (National), and X (National). I guess that leaves B/W/B2/W2 as the only games where I haven't completed my Pokedex. (I may have completed the regional dex on those, though--I don't really remember at this point.)

It's much easier to complete Pokedexes now, with the existence of online trading. My first and most satisfying Pokedex completion was Gold. I'm currently trying to breed 5 IV versions of every evolutionary line in X to make something of a living competitive dex, but I doubt I'll complete that anytime soon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    On Diamond I used pal park to tranfer all my Pokemon over and I completed the Pokedex (missing some event pokemon though) Now I use it as a giant storage for breeding and sending out to other games

Haggerella

Captain Butts
    Years
    I've never been able to finish a dex, as I never had anyone to trade with growing up.

But I've been slowly trying to complete my dex since 2007. Started in Pearl/SoulSilver and have been moving them all along since. And I've been doing it in the way where I must have one of every kind, so just evolving a larvitar into a tyranitar isn't good enough. I then have to go breed/catch two more larvitars and grindingly level up one again into a pupitar. I've never done any hacking, and 99% of them i've evolved from scratch myself. I hit 700 the other week, which includes quite a few event pokemon, my 700th addition was a Lv 1 Manaphy I transferred from a pokemon ranger game i picked up in a 2nd hand games bin from an EB games. Still stoked about that. The rest I need are all in my Emerald game I'm still working on/the hoenn reboots. Then comes the waiting game for more Events haha. Also got sidequests of "get all the unowns/vivillions/deerling forms" etc.

STAY TUNED~

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Red/Blue = Yes
    Gold/Silver = No. Need to find a few more in Silver.
    Ruby Sapphire = Yes.
    Diamond/Pearl = No. Need to get a few more on Pearl
    Black and White/Black2 and White2= Not really, I just couldn't be asked with it.
    X and Y = Same as above.

(I don't count remakes, since it's the same as catching them on the original, or the Generation the remake lives in).

Years
    I never did outside of Red/Blue. I don't really have the patience to, especially since some of the pokemon can only be found through events, etc.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
    Only completed it on Y. Was pretty close on Emerald and I'm thinking of completing White and Black 2's Dex.

Tirion

Lint Magnet
    Years
    If I ever did, it would have been in R/B/Y way back when I was a wee lad. I really don't think I ever did, though. I very much want to do it in the first 2 gens, but that's a bit difficult going solo.

Maybe I'll hack the unobtainables in?

La Espada

Captain Ressentiment
    Years
    I've only done it once and that was in X. It too over 600 hours and a ridiculous amount of GTS trades. Honestly, I don't think it's something I'm ever gonna do again. There just wasn't much of a sense of accomplishment afterwards.

Years
    I don't know if it's "caught" 'em all or "got" 'em all in my case haha, I managed to obtain the whole National Dex in X but it was mainly thanks to Wonder Trading and the GTS lol :) It started off as an obsession to get all the Vivillon patterns and then when I realised you got a Shiny Charm for getting all the other pokés my obsession quickly grew lol xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2014
    Yes, in Pokemon Blue (English language version), I got 150, but I didn't get Mew as the glitch was not known back then, and I decided not to risk using a gameshark on my save file that has a Pokedex of 150 caught!
    If it corrupted that i would have been devastated.

Also I didn't go to a Nintendo event as I was too lazy, as I was and still am a "gamer" moreso than being a Pokemon fan.
    I simply like Pokemon games as they are great RPG's in my opinion, so I didn't really care to go to the Nintendo events as it would prove nothing to have them implant Mew on my cart... I was just lazy lol.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
    I'm mostly focusing on completing the game rather than catching pokemon. I have done it before in Kanto but that will be the last time.

Years
    I've only tried to complete the Dex on Black 2, but that's going to take some work, 'cause I've still got 112 to catch.

Years
    I never managed to ever complete a Pokedex, although in Black I caught like almost every non-Legendary species (at the time) so that was probably the closest I ever got to "completing" a Pokedex in any game.

Back