• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever dropped an anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    What I mean by this is, have you ever tried watching an anime but just stopped because you hated it? and why?

I myself dropped Queens Blade (don't google it kids!) because it was more boobs than plot
    I also dropped Kimi ni Todoke because I couldn't stand the art style

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I also dropped Queens Blade, about half an episode in. I'm not opposed to more boob than plot anime but QB was bad.

Ouran High School Host Club as well, although i think i'm going to give that another go sometime.

Everything else i've gone back to and finished.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I haven't dropped anything yet, but I was pretty close to dropping Heroic Age. I just felt it was the same crap over and over again and not much advanced from the first episode too the end(not that I have finished yet, although I have a few episodes left).

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Plenty. While I'm not gonna bother listing them, I've dropped quite a bit of series recently. Bleach is probably the longest anime I watched and eventually dropped.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I've dropped so many anime... the most significant being Bleach, because I watched it from the beginning, all the way until the 2nd full filler arc, which is well over 200 episodes.

If I check my anime list, there are a total of 34 anime unfinished... if I had to guess, I'd say I won't ever finish at least half of them.

Last edited:

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    Naruto, though I plan on picking back off where I ended.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • You do know that, as soon as (And because) you said "Don't Google it, kids!", I immediately did so, and found the TVTropes article?

It looks like QB:Arcana Heart as Arcana Heart:...I dunno... Hello Kitty.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
  • I dropped Queen's Blade for the reasons mentioned above.
    I also dropped Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls because of the same reason as Queen's blade as well as the filtering/effect or w/e it was during the anime. Although the thing that pulled me in was the epic intro.
    I dropped Bleach after the bounto thing started. Went to read the manga ever since, and the animation quality is worse. Only time when animation's good is when there are key battles such as Hollowised crazy (dunno how else to call it) Ichigo fought Ulqiorra in his umm...crazy(despair?) form.
    I also remember I dropped some Harems cause I couldn't stand the protagonist (long list, don't remember all... xD)

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • Dropped Touhou Musou Kakyou, due to lack of a second episode.

Owait, they're releasing one!

Also, series I've dropped...

Shattered Angels and Steel Angel Kurumi, because... I dunno. Shattered Angels just sucked in general, and I couldn't find the eighth episode of SAK, then realized that I probably wouldn't get anything out of watching it.

K-On!!, because... Well... Though K-On! made a really good summertime anime back in '09, I just can't make myself watch a second season. -_-

One Piece and Naruto, because I forgot about them, and didn't feel like Archive Binging.

Disgaea, because... Well... I watched it because I think the games are fun. I dropped it because it pees all over the games.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • So far I've dropped 3, but I might drop a few more soon.

~ D.Gray-man
    I wanted to get into this, but I think I heard a few people say the anime ended poorly or something. So I just quit watching and... dropped it.

~ Kiss x Sis
    I knew I shouldn't have started it, I knew it was going to end poorly for me. But nooo, I thought I'd watch a few eps. Yea I really didn't like it.

~ Needless
    Couldn't get into it... that's all there is to it.

I will likely also drop Maria†Holic, the first episode was soooo boring. I'll give it another ep or two, but I can see myself dropping it. I will likely also drop Spiral, I started on this soooooooooo long ago, but it got boring and I quit. But I've never really officially dropped it.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I know I tried a few episodes of Naruto, One Piece, and Inuyasha on TV and ended dropping them in fairly short order. Oh, and Pokemon too, if you count the fact I gave up on it about a third of the way through Hoenn.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Well, while I didn't drop the series, I did drop watching the dubs of several series, including One Piece, Sailor Moon, and Pokémon. XD

As for series in general, I didn't really drop anything. I just have a list of shows that I will "eventually get back to," including Inuyasha, Lucky Star, Ranma 1/2, Tokyo Mew Mew, Full Metal Panic!, and Shakugan no Shana.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I dropped Tokyo mew mew/Mew mew power and Pretty cure mainly because they were too girly and really girly things is just not my style or doesn't really entertain me.

Dubstep

Goes bump in the night
    Years
  • I watched one episode of Spice and Wolf, then ceased to care. It's like some really boring colonial novel, only it's anime and it involves naked wolf-women.

Last edited:

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • I've dropped a lot, mostly stuff I don't even care to remember about.
    Recently I dropped Index/Railgun. And that's all I remember pretty much.

[edit]
    Also remembered I dropped Fortune Arterial.
    It's painful when you share your first name with the protagonist. Things get awkward fast.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • @Arcanine: D.Gray-man didn't end poorly. It was quite an epic ending. Unfortunately (?), it leaves a (craving) taste for more and that's where the manga comes in. Currently that has 202 chapters, compared to the 157/8 chapters that Anime covered. So hopefull the anime'll continue once there's enough new material. :3

And since this topic is not about D.Gray-man, but dropped anime:

Ah! My Goddess
    Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2
    Death Note
    Gintama
    Naruto
    Pokemon
    Shakugan no Shana II

Stopped watching them because I lost interest or just forgot about them. Naruto wasn't going anywhere after 40 episodes, and I NEED a good plot. >_>
    I lost interest in the Pokémon anime, eventually watching only the movies and finally nothing anymore...
    Tactics is also on my list of semi-dropped Anime, but I might actually finish that one... sooner or later. Death Note... maybe.

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
  • I've dropped a couple. I've dropped Inuyasha, because it kinda got... Boring. -_-;
    Others I've dropped were RomeoxJuliet (I found it rather... Bad), The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Bleach (Ew, I couldn't stand that show after the first episode), Kekkaishi, Ouran High School Host Club (it was terribly annoying and the art style was icky), Fighting Spirit (I still actually want to finish Fighting Spirit, I liked it, just dropped it because of school),and Wolf's Rain. I didn't mean to drop Wolf's Rain, I really liked it but I started it when school started so I kinda fell behind and stopped watching anime for a while ^^; I'll finish it sooner or later, along with Fighting Spirit,

Last edited:
    Years
  • Naruto. I got so bored of it after only 7 episodes. Uuugh.
    I don't really watch alot of anime (I've only ever seen...3 or 4?) so yeah. D:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back