• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever felt like your Pokemon was a 'friend'?

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2010
    All the time! Especially in HGSS since they follow you around and when you talk to them they poke you and hug you. Then I feel bad when they faint since they're my buddies lmao :P

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • My feraligatr is about as close to a pokemon friend I can get considering all it is is game data, I will probably never take it out of my SS team permanantly.

72pokemonmaniac27

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Ya:) haha My absol (which i traded to my game from my emerald version so I could use it as my starter) is definitely like my friend!:) As well as my other 5 pokemon in my team:) Absol is my favorite tho (shhhh.. dont tell the others haha)

Spacial Sage

i don't care if you don't.
    Years
  • Hello Kitty yes.

My pokemon are some of my closest friends... those six will always remain close to my heart. I won't delete them like the others.

Years
  • Even though they are only game data, my Pokemon are my friends. They all have a special place in my heart and I love them all equally. =]

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Well this qustion isn't really related to HGSS specifically... so I'll move this to General Pokemon Gaming.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    Yes, especially ones I E.V train.

I tend to choose ones that I like over strategic ones, so i bond with them more.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2010
    YEEEEEES! They are all my friends!
    I want Cyndaquil to follow me when I walk in real life too XD

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I reckon I do. I used Sapphire for storing team members from Ruby and Emerald for a long time. Then I got another Emerald and traded ALL my stuff from Sapphire to it (and that was boxes and boxes of stuff, man). So I have some Pokemon on my Emerald that are at least...7 years old. All the way from 2003. At one point, before I got my other Emerald, I turned on my Sapphire to play and it told me the battery was dead and gave me the option for a new game and BOY did I cry. I turned off the game immediately and cried so loud my mom came back (and she was having some kinda party too, lol embarrassing little boy I was) to my room to see what the dealio was. Then I left it alone for about an hour and turned it back on and by some miracle, it was completely fine. I had all my stuff still. :'D

If I didn't have some place in my heart for that data, I would not have such old Pokemon stored up<3

And don't get me started about Red and Silver stuff...lololol

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Does the fact that I still own a Gardevoir that I got about seven or so years ago when R/S came out mean anything? It is currently on my Platinum version. c:
    But yes, I do. They were some of my first friends since I never really had any when I was younger. So I guess that explains the attachment I have to the entire franchise. xD

BUT YES. Pokemon in my games are my friends. <3

Kalala

Gunsou
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2018
    Yeah.
    When I defeat a gym leader, i want to hug all of my pokemon :D.
    Mai tsutarja owns.
    I love it.
    Though, its probably to full of itself to love me D:
    Mai Typhlosion owns.
    Mai Empoleon owns.
    My Pichu owns.
    and my charamander owns.
    and my mudkip, too.

Back