• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever had a Pokemon on your team just for its looks?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2014
    In Pokemon FireRed I always had a Arcanine and Sandslash because I thought they looked awesome as a kid. I had to ask like 6 different people for a Sandshrew though.

Myungsoo

t h e c h a s e r
    Years
  • Back in the older games when natures and the latter didn't exist, I did use some just because they looked adorable. Now, however, I'll use something if it's adorable, but it has to be able to scratch the surface of the opponent - otherwise I don't see a point in using it. Abra was an exception to that rule though.

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
    Years
  • ha ha my spiky haired pichu i loved it so much x3 till my friend deleted my file ._.

phonastik

Strange Quark
    Years
  • I've certainly dumped Pokemon from a hypothetical team if I don't like the way they look, but I've never kept a Pokemon unevolved or gone out of my way to get a Pokemon that looks better than others.

Moltres Rider

Banned
    Years
  • my whole party is like that!!!! for example, there are better legendaries than Latios, but I have Latios in Black (cheated to get it)... but most of my Pokémon are because they look good, I even traded my Serperior for a Samurott because Samurott looks better (I wish I would have chose it instead)!!! and my obvious good for looks Pokémon Reshiram!!! I cheated to get one in White because I love how it looks!!! I am physically attracted to Reshiram lol!!

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2012
    Eevee I wouldn't evolve for ages because it's so adorable. I chained a shiny in Diamond, so I kept the legit shiny one and made another (on the basis I'd "earnt" it) that I evolved to a Jolteon so I could have a competitive shiny eeveelution but also have my shiny Eevee to just look at.

Shiny Altaria was another shiny I earned that to this day I find one of the best looking Pokemon in terms of design. If it ever gets an evolution, I doubt I'll evolve it. I'm going to try get a good moveset together for it so I can use it competitively without putting myself at a major disadvantage. It's got middling stats but a design so good I just can't leave it in the PC!

Last edited:

Autobot Silverwynde

Automaton Protector
    Years
  • Pretty much constantly--I wouldn't have Golurk on my team if I didn't think it looked awesome. It's the same for Golett, only I think it's so cute that I actually don't want to evolve the little sweetie. (That little face is so cute; I can't help myself, really.)

Icεy

PokeDimension Founder
    Years
  • I kept my beautiful Poyrgn-Z because of its design, I never used it in battle and it had no HMs @:D

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    I prevented my piplup, togetic, and grovyle from evolving because I find them cuter than the evolved versions.

Back