• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever had an idea for a Pokemon that eventually became a real one?

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    When I was a kid I drew a bunch of pictures of about 40 or so Pokemon that I had made up. I think this had to be at some point during the 2nd gen, prolly around 2001. Anyways... one idea I had way back then was a pre-evo for Mr. Mime... called Jr. Mime! I can't remember what it looked like at all though( I lost all the pictures years ago). And of course a few years later Mimey ended up with a baby form, Mime Jr. So thats about as close as I've gotten to predicting an actual future Pokemon

Another couple idea I can remember that havent come true (yet) were an evolved form for Sudowoodo named Sudorocko and and evoleved form for Lapras named Locknas. Sudorocko had the Sudowoodo-ish head but it was attatched to a large rock with the Sudowoodo branches sticking out the sides. It sorta looked like a snail if you can picture that. He didn't get an evolved form but he did get a pre-evo! Locknas was basically just a larger longer Lapras without a shell.

So, anyone else predicted a future Pokemon or come close?

joelzio123

LucarioBeast
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2012
    I actually thought of an electric wolf and drew it and then when Luxray came out i was surprised my luxray looked so much the same but not exactly

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • Galvantula And Zebstrika..I remember in the 5th Gen prediction section i wished for an electric tarantula or a zebra.. I dropped my jaws when they were revealed.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I had an idea of a flying squirrel Pachirisu evolution... then we got Emolga. Not the evolution I had hoped for but close enough in concept.

gvgisdi

Officially addicted to Crystal
    Years
  • I always wanted to see a many-headed dragon Pokémon and they made Hydreigon. <3

Another couple idea I can remember that havent come true (yet) were an evolved form for Sudowoodo named Sudorocko and and evoleved form for Lapras named Locknas. Sudorocko had the Sudowoodo-ish head but it was attatched to a large rock with the Sudowoodo branches sticking out the sides. It sorta looked like a snail if you can picture that. He didn't get an evolved form but he did get a pre-evo! Locknas was basically just a larger longer Lapras without a shell.

Seems like I'm not the only one who wants Lapras to have an evolution or a pre-evolution. (:

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2013
    I predicted that we would get fossil pokemon based on the Archeopteryx, I even drew them. I was astounded when I saw Arceops and Archen (although the ones I drew looked different).

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Before B/W were released, I wished for more Pokemon that were based on Japanese yokai. When the Litwick and Frillish lines were revealed, I was happy that I got my wish.

Years
  • I was once speculating a skunk-based Pokemon when the 4th Gen was still not yet revealed and then when 4th Gen came, my wish was granted in the form of Stunky and Skuntank.

When the 5th Gen was still in development, I was thinking of a Pokemon based on aliens, a zebra and a duo of Yin-Yang Legendaries and guess what came? - Elgyem/Beheeyem, Blitzle/Zebstrika and Reshiram & Zekrom.

I was also speculating Pokemon based on cells, ice-cream, Gothic Lolita, chinchillas and rocks with crystal formation. Those Pokemon came out as Solosis/Duosion/Reuniclus, Vanillite/Vanillish/Vanilluxe, Gothita/Gothorita/Gothitelle, Minccino/Cinccino and Roggenrola/Boldore/Gigalith.

Last edited:

Yellow Silver Nostalgia

Those Were The Days
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Well, I made up my own Pokedex when I was younger, and...

Seedot, Nuzleaf and Shiftry are essentially identical to the grass-type starters I came up with.

Sharpedo is what I wanted my water starter's final evo to look like but I never quite had the imagination to draw it.

Galvantula and Durant are a lot like my bug Pokemon.

Archeops is quite similar to my version's equivalent of Fearow.

I thought of a few sound type Pokemon, of which one looks quite a bit like Loudred.

Medite and Medicham are quite similar to concepts I'd come up with called Hocus and Pocus - the new Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam.

I had a dinasaur Pokemon that was like a crossbred between Rampardos and Groudon.

I had one called "Munchlax" for a Snorlax prevo but I imagined it slightly differently. Mine was more of an energetic, bouncy Snorlax before it got fat and sleepy, and would have had a significantly higher speed stat than its evolution.

I had something like Latias/Latios for an evolution of Togetic.

I drew one that looks like Sableye but mine was a Psychic type.

I thought of an electric wolf like Manectric but who hasn't?

Garchomp, Cacturne and Gliscor are like my version's equivalents of Arbok / Weezing / Golbat for all the Team Rockets to use.

Wailord is similar to an idea I had... but I hate it now. Wailmer is much cooler.

I had a jellyfish Pokemon like Frillish but mine was water/psychic and it looked a lot scarier.

I thought of a camel Pokemon like Numel, which evolved into something that had two humps and then one that had three humps, but mine were water types.

I had a walrus Pokemon like Walrein, but it's hardly a creative idea and I'd scrap it now.

Zebrika but again it's a really obvious design.

Leafeon and Glaceon. Again, who hasn't?

Electivire. I had the idea but I could never draw it.

My legendary trio were fighting monkey types like Infernape.

I made an addition to the legendary birds like Cresselia, which was an unrecognised type from outer space, but it lived on the moon, so you couldn't catch it.

I came up with two Steel/Psychic types that looked like Metagross and Golurk which were my version's super fantastic final cave Pokemon for after you'd become the Pokemon League Champion, a bit like Mewtwo's Cerulean Dungeon. But you couldn't catch them because they'd been around for millions of years and were that much stronger than your Pokemon could ever hope to be. Basically, they would have not only survived but thrived in the environment that killed off toughies like Aerodactyl and Kabutops - that's how strong they are. You'd just have to admire them. Or buy a cheat cartridge.

My Mew/Celebi equivalent was a psychic/electric type, a little bit like Rotom mixed with Reuniclus.

Years
  • Not quite the same but I predicted that they would release a move called "Sludge Beam" in the future which was pretty close. They made Sludge Bomb instead V____V

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • I remember back in 3rd grade I used to read through my teacher's nature books in fascination at all of the animals thinking of what Pokemon was based after what animal.
    I remember the one that fascinated me the most was Pika, which upon seeing it I was like "Oh my god, Pokemon are real!"

Back when the second gen was coming out I used to draw fake Pokemon.
    I can't remember what I created besides this crab-like monster that resembled Corphish and his evolution.

Last edited:

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • Gen V had a lot of Pokemon I was hoping for (some of them turned out better than expected, others didn't, unfortunately)

-Braviary an Mandibuzz, I always wanted a eagle and vulture based Pokemon. Braviary is one of the coolest looking Pokemon there is. Sadly I don't like Mandibuzz that much.

-Scolipede, Drapion reminded me of a centipede, for some reason. I wished for an actuel centipede based pokemon since then.

-Serperior, Back since the first gen, I thought it'd be cool to have a vine-like snake Pokemon.

-Galvantula,Surskit & Volcarona, I was dissapointed when I found out that Slugma and magcargo weren't bugs, so I hoped they'd make some actual elemental bugs.

-Sharpedo, I always wanted a shark, damnit.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Some time before gen 4 I thought of a Pokemon named Diskla it was a Steel/Electric type and had two stages. When Klink and it's evolution line were reveled I thought they are similar to what Diskla's evolutions look like. And the fact mine's supposed to be a disk Pokemon, it's also similar to Bronzor.

Before Gen 5 I really was hoping for an eagle and so when I found out about Braviary I was pretty estatic.

Last edited:
    Years
  • When I first saw Nosepass without an evolution, I thought a great one would be a bigger version, but with a moustache because it was called 'Nose'pass. And in generation IV, Probopass was born.

User19sq

Back then, I used to wonder if there would ever be a Pokemon based on a zebra. I came up with a bad design of a Fire-type. Two generations later, we get an Electric-type one... that learns Flame Charge.

A minor one: during speculation these past months, I theorized that Kyurem's alternate formes would somehow invole fusing/combining with Reshiram and Zekrom, solving the puzzle to the legends of the once-original Dragon. What happened yesterday?

Antisocial.

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Zebstrika. I remember playing Silver just after it came out and wishing they made a zebra Pokemon. I even figured it would be electric.
    Otherwise, the only ones I've gotten close to otherwise were Tepig and Snivy; I had drawn a fire pig (that looked nothing like Tepig), and a lizard-type-thing (that looked just like Snivy), but I had an eel for the water-type. It was still pretty cool to see them in Black and White, though.

Years
  • Zebstrika,Minccino,Sharpedo,Woobat,Swoobat,Emolga,Tirtouga,Teddiursa etc....Yeah a lot of them are pretty straight forward concepts. xD

Back