• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Have you ever instantly wanted a Pokémon on your team?

Pkmn Trainer Alex

K i n g // of Knights
Years
  • If this counts, when I first saw what Infernape looked like, I decided on Chimchar as my starter. Infernape's color scheme reminded me so much of a Gundam, so I just had to get it. >.>

BlueHippo

Pokemaster Hippo
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2008
    Hah, every early game Psychic is usually a target of obsession. BlueHippo, remember me from Newgrounds?

quite right, gotta love psychics ;)

and yes, i've seen you post in tanooki_john's thread before :) how's it going fellow newgrounder? i got absent to join these boards too :P

Kardin

Egotist extraordinaire
    Years
  • The first time I saw a Cubone in my old Red version, I immediately wanted one. I'm now never quite happy with my party if there isn't a Cubone or Marowak in it.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    in this game there where 4 that i wanted munchlax,bonsly,mime jr, and riolu but since i started the game i changed my mind and just catch everything so i can mix my team up when ever i need to

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I saw Riolu, and instant luff. Also, it sort of happened to me with Spiritomb, but not on the same level/extreme.

Rat

Years
  • Absol, Milotic, Metagross in R/S/E. Lucario, only after I battled the gym leader that uses it/battled with Riley, and Rampardos after the first gym leader. Ended up actually USING Rampardos, though :P

BlueHippo

Pokemaster Hippo
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2008
    I initially loved Lucario, but his dreads were kinda weird.

But then I saw the movie and I wanted one again.

haha, yeah i wasn't diggin' his goofy dreads till i saw him sence aura or whatever with them, now i understand ^_^

O.B

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2007
    Pokemon that i've seen and instantly wanted in the past were Scyther, then when silver came out it was Scizor, as well as Steelix. When i saw drapion recently I had to have it as well

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Yes, my favourite pokemon, Mamoswine, Coz he is so awesome, and he's powerful as well, You'll hear alot about Paranoia's Mamoswine, the only pokemon that doesn't get switched in my team!

Back