• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Have you ever played Pokemon Emerald as Brendan?

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2008
    I have because I'm a guy and I prefer playing the hero instead of the heroine and it's kind of fun having May as my "rival" I prefer May over Gary and that red head from G/S/C

Last edited:

NatureKeeper

I tink my sis did that but i played it with may :D

Eagledawn

Sapphire
    Years
  • I played as Brendan once in a no-save file becuase I wanted to see what May's Pokenav page looked like. But other than that, no, I always play as the female character.

Years
  • I usually play with the male in one game and the female in the other. Emerald, being the first third game in which you could pick either gender, was a toss-up decided by the flip of a coin (literally). In the end I wound up being the boy.

When Platinum comes out, I will probably pick the female trainer.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 14, 2009
    I've always played as the male protagonist in each game. However what I use to do was I'd adapt to the actual Anime version of the character, and have the same Pokémon as the Anime character etc. It was fun for a while. But eventually I wanted to incorporate my own personality into the game, in which I became more stronger and most of all, it became more fun.

Years
  • I play as a boy because I am a boy. If I play as the girl I would get confused and start questioning myself ;)

Actually, I switch off everytime I play.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I play as a guy because I'm a guy. :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    You get asked if you are a boy or a girl not if you want to play as a boy or a girl I believe.
    I have never played as the female character in any of the games

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2008
    I don't like prancing around in Women's Clothing, so I play as a Guy :P

:laugh: You don't go prancing around in Women's Clothing, but whenever you play Tomb Raider or Metroid Prime you're a girl no matter what.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2010
    My rivals name is always "loser" lol
    and my diamond char is a girl because its my sisters original file. ive gotten too far to start over though

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • I chose Brendan, and named him Brendan. Even though I am a girl. But I'd rather have Brendan because he's my fave minor character

Back