• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you finished your National/PokeDex?

Which Generations have you obtained ALL Pokemon in?

• GEN 1

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • GEN 2

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • GEN 3

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • GEN 4

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • None

Votes: 11 40.7%

• Total voters

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I was wondering which series of games have the most people finished the National/PokeDex and how many generations have you done it.

Myself I finished it in G/S/C on my Crystal version, with legit Celebi and Mew from Japan, but my carts battery died.

I came close in D/P/Plat but I never played R/S/E meaning I missed out on the Hoenn Pokémon so no way to transfer them to Sinnoh (but I recently picked up Sapphire but can't get into it), but will be transfering all my Sinnoh Pokemon over to HG/SS so I will hopefully get a completed NationalDex again in that.

ABOUT THE POLL: YOU NEED TO HAVE OBTAINED ALL POKEMON OBTAINABLE UP TO THAT GEN FOR IT TO COUNT, E.G. FOR GEN 2 TO COUNT YOU NEED TO HAVE GOTTEN FROM BULBASAUR TO CELEBI OBTAINED ON ONE OF THE GEN 2 GAMES, BUT THAT DOSN'T MEAN YOU CAN MARK GEN 1 AS WELL UNLESS YOU ALSO GOT ALL GEN 1 POKEMON FROM BULBASAUR TO MEW ON A GEN 1 GAME.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Nope. I don't give a rat's bootay about completing the National Dex. It sure will be an even bigger pain in gen V. Oh Lordy...

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • ^Same here.

I tried to catch more Pokemon in Gen III (Leaf Green) than in past playthroughs and games (got 100 out of 151, and then the National dex opened...), but other than that I have no drive to catch every single Pokemon in existence. I just catch the ones I want, normally. ^^;

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    ^Same here.

I tried to catch more Pokemon in Gen III (Leaf Green) than in past playthroughs and games (got 100 out of 151, and then the National dex opened...), but other than that I have no drive to catch every single Pokemon in existence. I just catch the ones I want, normally. ^^;

Well since I did it in Crystal, I have always wanted to do it again and DPP made it much easier by giving out the National Dex for just seeing all Sinnoh Pokémon, but thinking back to my dead Crystal (which I still have even though I can never use it) I would HATE to do it a lose it all again, but I'm going to try this Gen with HG/SS but if I do finish it I may stop playing Pokémon then, leave the series on a high note.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • Nahhhhh. I have never even attempted such a thing:p I think I got close in Blue, but no cigar. To be honest- I'm not crazy about some pokes. I just go after the ones worth catching (which all in all is still the majority).

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • You get satisfaction, envy of Pokenerds, and that big, beautiful, pixely diploma you only get to see one time. ;)

I have gotten the Hoenn Dex on Sapphire. That's as far as I'll go. xD

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I did it in Blue with the Cinnibar Island cheat, ah the good old days.

And I got the pokedex in DP but tbh, its not much of a challenge, just fight enough people and you get it.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • After i finished the elite 4 d/p/pt i guess i could say i attempted...

then i gave up :3

Anjoola

Pokemon Collector
    Years
  • Yeah, I completed the National Pokedex. It took forever to find the rare legendaries that run around!!

I've got completed Pokedexes in Gold and Pearl, and then my Gold version goes and loses all its data :(

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    well i actually finished it on pokemon platinum
    but, i did it on pokemon BLOODY platinum
    lol

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
  • During the first generation most of the kids in my street used to play so I trade a lot with them so I completed that quickly. The second I couldn't be bothered to go through that again. Third, wasn't too bothered.I did complete Firereds National Dex not including the event stuff. I got 493 in Pearl through breeding and trading

Panique

BUGSY IS GAY FOR METAPOD
    Years
  • Never got the National dex..

Gonna try in HGSS, though, since I'll have gen III from Emerald, gen IV from Pearl, and gen I and II from HGSS. Especially now since my wifi is working, hopefully I'll make it.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • I've never done it. The closest I've come is Yellow with everything but Electabuzz and Mew. Gen II and III aren't even possible in the English versions are they..?

Back