• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you lost anyone dear to you?

Years
  • My father died when I was five years old. Sadly, I don't remember much about him, and don't remember how I felt about his death. :/

Since then, I haven't lost anyone dear to me. I'm seriously thinking it's going to be rough when someone I do care for dies next, simply because I haven't had to grieve for anyone in a long time.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • my grandma.
    she was my best friend.
    i took care of her in her last days.
    she was like my mother..:/

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
  • Yes, many. But, that was long time ago. Way before I could fall in love or anything.
    They seemed to died for reasons but, I don't think I have every detail to put it in a sentence. I probably don't even remember so I was very little back in the past. Well, yes is to answer your question.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • Just recently I lost my rabbit, and I have lost many people. But I like looking at the happy memories. :)

As I sometimes say: "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."

Last edited:

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I've never lost anyone dear to me in death yet. I'm glad about this but the thing is, it'll hurt more when it happens because I've never expirenced loss in the first place.

As Went says though, that's life.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Well, my 13-year-old cousin passed away April 2009 to cancer.
    That as one of the most traumatizing expirience. My family is still in pain,
    especially my aunt and uncle.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Mhmm. My grandfather died when I was six. I didn't feel to sad when he passed away as I didn't know him that well. I saw him around twice a year because he lived on the other side of the country, and a year and a half before he left us, he was put in a nursing home and shortly after that, the hospital. I think I only saw him once in the nursing home, and it was a really brief visit. My parents didn't bring me into hospital because they didn't want to upset me.

The only death that's ever felt real to me happened over half a decade ago now. Her name was Lily, and she wasn't a family member or a relative. In fact, I barely knew her. My parents had gone to college with her parents back in the day, and we had attended some gatherings, but that was it. I can remember being told she was going to have an operation because she had a really bad back problem (I was never told what back problem it was, so don't ask. All I know is that her spine was bending way too much and that she needed that adjusted or else she wouldn't make it to twenty-five), and the day after I was told that it hadn't been a success. She had lost the feeling in her legs and she kept drifting in and out of conscienceness. Three days later, I found out there was going to be another operation, and luckily my parents didn't sugercoat it for me. If they had said something like, 'this one's definitely going to work,' only for me to find out that it didn't... I would've probably ended up in a really bad state. Instead, they told me that it was even riskier than the first operation and that no one was sure about what the result was going to be.

I was playing Worms 3-D (great game) with my friend Fionn the day after, when my mom called me out and told me Lily hadn't made it. I remember taking a deep breath and feeling my legs turn to jelly. She asked me if I wanted Fionn to leave, but I said no. He stayed at my house for another two hours and it was terrible. As soon as he left, I went up to my bedroom and I cried. I cried for God knows how long. And I couldn't even figure out why, seeing as I barely knew her. I was in an absolute state all day, and I think I ended up crying myself to sleep that night too.

Mhmm. Not fun at all.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    Last four years or make that five I lost my grandfather, I was pathetic because I rejected his last invitation because of my stupid friends after that, I heard that he has a stroke and...;_;

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    In this year alone I have lost 3 loved ones. 1, and aunt. 1 a baby counsin and just yeaterday a friend. This has been a terrible year for me.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • My grandfather. Three days before Halloween, 2007.

I cried for a few minutes after hearing the news, and then during the funeral. Not since. I miss him, of course, and I was sad for a little while, but I don't mourn much. I moved on and remember him happily. I do feel sort of bad that I never tried to get to know him better, but I suppose that's my own fault. It stinks it was emphysema, of all things... *sigh*

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2011
    Wow, this thread is extremely depressing, but I lost my mother this year. These things happen though. Its all part of life.

Back