• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Have you pre-ordered HG/SS?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    It was confirmed that they do come with the figurines.
    The pre-order bonus has only been confirmed for those who pre-order in the US. Looking at Takoto's location, she resides in England and confirmation about the figurines being included for those who pre-order in her location has not been released as yet.

I would suggest going to your local gaming retailer to find out any information on whether they will include the figurines or not for those who pre-order in EU. Until then, it still isn't known. :\

As for myself, I may finally go into GameStop this weekend and put in my order for the games.

Last edited:

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    Finally pre-ordered it! Put down the 5 bucks, and I plan on heading back after Ohayocon next weekend to pay off the remainder. XD

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    I sure hope that Amazon ships the game with the figurines... I was cheated out of my figurine with Pearl once, and I didn't much care for it. :\

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I had to go back to gamestop, because the guy spelled my name wrong on the receipt! That and I payed the rest off.

MarioRocks08

No Longer Using This Account
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    I went to GameStop on 9/15/09 and pre-ordered both games and made a full deposit on them. All I have to do is pick up the games on March 14 and get the guide book.

Charizard3

Champion
    Years
    i think that it is stupid to pre-order things because it costs extra. and why cant you be a regular person and just wait till HGSS in the US comes out? Its not that hard. You may get that free figure with your game but does it show that youve accomplished anything except for being impatient?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    i think that it is stupid to pre-order things because it costs extra. and why cant you be a regular person and just wait till HGSS in the US comes out? Its not that hard. You may get that free figure with your game but does it show that youve accomplished anything except for being impatient?
    Not always does it cost more to pre-order. In same cases, you come out with the same cost if shipping is free, while at other times you may come out cheaper or just a bit more expensive :| (but not by much). For HG/SS, sites such as Amazon offer free shipping on the games, so you come out just about the same as you would purchasing the games in a store.

Pre-ordering also doesn't show that someone is impatient for the games. When you pre-order a game you are assured of receiving it. While, if you go to the store, they may not always have it right away or it might be out of stock at that time. Also, it may just be convenient for the buyer at that time to pre-order it online or at their local retailer store than it would by the time the games comes out.

As for the pre-order bonus, it's just a gift to those who pre-order the games. At least their purchase was worthwhile and they gained something extra. Again, not all buyers pre-order a game just because of the added bonus, different people have different reasons.

Just thought I'd throw that in for you. :) Though, I never knew pre-ordering a game would make a person irregular. ;_;

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    xD I practically begged my dad to pre order it, he told me to just wait until its released and I told him that it will be sold out in the 1st hour of its releasing :]

MarioRocks08

No Longer Using This Account
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    I agree with Hiiro. I pre-ordered them because they were games I wanted and I paid the same amount of money pre-ordering them as I would if I just bought them when they came out. I do also collect Pokemon Figurines, so those were a nice plus. I can understand certain games I would wait for until they come out, but there are also financial circumstances to consider as well. For example, let's say you got some bonus money from work and you already paid all of the bills for the month, you can take that extra cash and pre-order a game that you really want. Sometimes you won't be sure if you'll have the money when it comes out.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Pre-ordered mine today. The guy at the cash register (who has to be at least in his late 20s maybe early 30s) tells me "ooh yeah man, I got like 4 of these pre-ordered, I can't wait!"

It's great to see such a large age difference be excited for a Pokemon game lol.

Teto

- - wobbuffan. ☆
    Years
    Yes, I pre-ordered both games from Gamestop yesterday! :D
    I know it doesn't really do you any good when you pre-order it, but I wanted the figurines .. xD
    Ah I don't think I've ever been this excited for a game. <3

Back