• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Have you pre-ordered HG/SS?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I finally got to put in my order for both games yesterday at GameStop. I did it right after I collected my Pikachu-Colored Pichu. I'm a bit low on money right now, so I only put $5 US down on both HeartGold and SoulSilver. I plan on trading in my old DS Lite so, I'll use the extra cash and whatever I have left to put in the rest of money within the next couple of weeks. It just feels good to know I'm assured to receive my games the day of its release (plus, let's not forget the pre-order bonuses). =]

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I just did on Thursday, the guy at Gamestop made a offer to reserve both. I was considering it, but then I said...nah.

ThatcherTiedUpFan

Thatcher Tied Up Fan
    Years
    Well, I went to GameStop yesterday to do the Pikachu Colored Pichu event and got it. Then I did my games and GameCube trade ins amd got $55 for it and put it all to Pokemon HeartGold and that paid for the game and most of the player's guide! So, when I go and get HeartGold and the guide in March, all I have to pay for them is $10 and Soul Silver is going on my birthday list

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    I haven't pre-ordered it yet, but I will next weekend. I'm not sure I'll have enough money to buy both at the same time, like I had wanted to. The main reason for buying them both at the same time is that I honestly can't decide which one I want to play first, although I know that eventually I will buy the other. I also want to get the figure for both versions, but I also want to get the guide. I'll probably just go into savings and buy it all, simply because it's freakin' HGSS. This will probably be my major purchase for 2010. :P

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Since I pre ordered both will I receive the Arceus figure too?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Since I pre ordered both will I receive the Arceus figure too?
    Nope, the Arceus pre-order bonus was only held within Japan. D: Those who pre-order in the US will receive both figurines if they purchased both, or one depending on which version they pre-order. It's a shame they didn't allow the Arceus figure to be a pre-order bonus though as from what I've seen it was nicely designed.

Nothing stops you from shopping online for a small figurine though XD; Actually, I'm sure you'll find it in places like eBay, or possibly anywhere else that sells merchandise. With it being a small size and not overly large, shipping might barely cost more then $5.00 USD.

Speaking of pre-orders though, I really need to go back to GameStop and put down the rest of money I have for my pre-order on HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I basically preordered both for no reason ): Im officially mad.

Abyssal Raven

~Hell's Raven~
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 7, 2010
    Yes, I have pre-ordered Soul Silver, and bought it out entirely. I chose Soul Silver because I like Lugia more than Ho-Oh, (even though you'll probably be able to get both in the game). Plus, Skarmory is one of my favorite birds, and if I remember right, it was exclusive to the old Silver, which means it might be exclusive to Soul Silver. :) I'm looking forward to March 14. :D

I basically preordered both for no reason ): Im officially mad.

Well, if you have a relative in your family that might have another DS, you could always give it to them, so they can trade Pokemon with you. I wouldn't consider buying both a waste since practically everyone in my family has a DS, but then again, that's only my opinion.

I pre-ordered both when I picked up my special Pichus. I'm excited about the walker.

I don't get what the walker is. Is it supposed to be like an old-fashioned Tamagotchi? It might be a good idea, but I'm not sure. x.x And has it been stated what the Special Pichu is for?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2010
    You guys can actually pre-order it online now. I know play-asia has it for a pretty good price and they ship fast too! I'm getting mine through them

Back