• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you started the Christmas shopping?

Angela

Aristocracy
Years
  • It's not exactly All Hallows Eve (Halloween), aren't christmas gifts suppose to come from the heart? Not a cop out because you don't know what to get someone... **goes and buys Lindt chocolate as presents**

I usually buy candy as a stocking stuffer (if my wallet is still full after purchasing presents), but never as a main gift... unless it's exspensive chocolate, but even then it's a last resort. :D

Yes I guess your right:D

Years
  • It's not exactly All Hallows Eve (Halloween), aren't christmas gifts suppose to come from the heart? Not a cop out because you don't know what to get someone... **goes and buys Lindt chocolate as presents**

I usually buy candy as a stocking stuffer (if my wallet is still full after purchasing presents), but never as a main gift... unless it's exspensive chocolate, but even then it's a last resort. :D

But what if the candy's from the heart? It all works out in the end!

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • But what if the candy's from the heart? It all works out in the end!
    Well as long as it from the heart... although you do have the words "just plain lazy" under your name here in the forum... so is it really from the heart? or just being lazy? :cheeky:

Either way, I'm not going to judge your for it, and everyone loves candy. :D

Years
  • Well as long as it from the heart... although you do have the words "just plain lazy" under your name here in the forum... so is it really from the heart? or just being lazy? :cheeky:

Either way, I'm not going to judge your for it, and everyone loves candy. :D

Oh, that 'plain lazy' part is talking about me studying... haha... I do like shopping with friends though. Although it's hard if I'm buying stuff when they're in the vicinity...

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • Oh, that 'plain lazy' part is talking about me studying... haha... I do like shopping with friends though. Although it's hard if I'm buying stuff when they're in the vicinity...
    Okay I was wondering about that:D,,,

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Oh, that 'plain lazy' part is talking about me studying... haha... I do like shopping with friends though. Although it's hard if I'm buying stuff when they're in the vicinity...
    Ah then I'm the same way (in reference to the studying... or lack there of).

Yeah it really is hard to buy stuff for people that you're currently out shopping with, but that's when you get the best ideas of what they want. Sometimes you can just see their eyes light up when they see something they want, or the more blatantly obvious, "OMG, isn't that beautiful? I would love to have one of those... sigh." Although that last one was more of a g/f thing. Then you have to go back to the store later and buy that, if you could remember what it was.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • Ah then I'm the same way (in reference to the studying... or lack there of).

Yeah it really is hard to buy stuff for people that you're currently out shopping with, but that's when you get the best ideas of what they want. Sometimes you can just see their eyes light up when they see something they want, or the more blatantly obvious, "OMG, isn't that beautiful? I would love to have one of those... sigh." Although that last one was more of a g/f thing. Then you have to go back to the store later and buy that, if you could remember what it was.
    I love it when that happens, and especially if I'm the person doing the eyes lighting up:D

Years
  • Ah then I'm the same way (in reference to the studying... or lack there of).

Oh wow, I wish my friends were a bit more obvious like that. I'd ask them: "so what do you want for Christmas?" and they'll go "Oh something cool."

Gah... so vague

prolific_rhapsody

Paradox in Paradigm
    Years
  • I've kinda started my Christmas shopping... got something for my girlfriend. It's gonna be a hard time present wise though, because, all in the same two weeks, her birthday, our two-year anniversary, and Christmas all happen. What planning XD.

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
    Years
  • I did my calculations on how much I'll be spending and it rings up about $650 on main gifts plus shipping charges and stocking stuffers. It's actually not as bad as I thought, I'm relived.
    If worst comes to worst I'll just sell my room mate on the streets for grocery money, yay :D

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Oh wow, I wish my friends were a bit more obvious like that. I'd ask them: "so what do you want for Christmas?" and they'll go "Oh something cool."

Gah... so vague
    Haha, that's my family, and the people who do make lists only have s few things listed so it's hard if someone else has already bought that for them...
    I love it when that happens, and especially if I'm the person doing the eyes lighting up:D
    I love it too, It honestly brings a smile to my face every time I see it. I love christmas shopping with girls because of that, plus they're always a good balance for me who tends to just want to buy DVDs and Music for people.
    "Would your aunt really watch the Apprentice dvd boxset?"
    "Well... she watches it on tv... i guess not..."
    "Let's go look for something in Crate and Barrel!" Large Beaming smile
    "Woo..." Outward look of disappointment, but smiles after she grabs my hand and drags me forcfully towards a store I don't want to go into.

I did my calculations on how much I'll be spending and it rings up about $650 on main gifts plus shipping charges and stocking stuffers. It's actually not as bad as I thought, I'm relived.
    If worst comes to worst I'll just sell my room mate on the streets for grocery money, yay :D
    Wow you got off easy... although I'm really not looking forward to breaking the bank of gifts this year... but it's not like i can't afford it... sigh. Maybe I could sell my roommate for $ too...

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • I've kinda started my Christmas shopping... got something for my girlfriend. It's gonna be a hard time present wise though, because, all in the same two weeks, her birthday, our two-year anniversary, and Christmas all happen. What planning XD.

Haha same here. I have Christmas with my girlfriend and then her birthday in early January :P

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I haven't thought about Christmas, let alone take what my friends and family might want as presents into consideration. My Christmas shopping will probably start in January. Nothing like a belated Christmas present to cheer people up, as I always say.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • I did my calculations on how much I'll be spending and it rings up about $650 on main gifts plus shipping charges and stocking stuffers. It's actually not as bad as I thought, I'm relived.
    Lol I would so too sell my roommate if I had one

*Imagines herself as a Chinese pimp grandma "I make you star on street" puts roommate into a mini skirt and gogo boots, and makes the roommate were a bra made out of dental floss, and then shoves the roommate into a dark alley, and takes money from the creepy guy walking into the alley*

I haven't thought about Christmas, let alone take what my friends and family might want as presents into consideration. My Christmas shopping will probably start in January. Nothing like a belated Christmas present to cheer people up, as I always say.

Lol, any reason why you make people wait?

Haha, that's my family, and the people who do make lists only have s few things listed so it's hard if someone else has already bought that for them...

I love it too, It honestly brings a smile to my face every time I see it. I love christmas shopping with girls because of that, plus they're always a good balance for me who tends to just want to buy DVDs and Music for people.
    "Would your aunt really watch the Apprentice dvd boxset?"
    "Well... she watches it on tv... i guess not..."
    "Let's go look for something in Crate and Barrel!" Large Beaming smile
    "Woo..." Outward look of disappointment, but smiles after she grabs my hand and drags me forcfully towards a store I don't want to go into.

Wow you got off easy... although I'm really not looking forward to breaking the bank of gifts this year... but it's not like i can't afford it... sigh. Maybe I could sell my roommate for $ too...

I would beet my uncle with a shoo if he would give me the apprentice dvd box set, or just trade it in for something worth watching.

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • I would beet my uncle with a shoo if he would give me the apprentice dvd box set, or just trade it in for something worth watching.
    Haha, well I'm quite sure my aunt wouldn't beat me with a shoe. She liked the show... although I can see where that thought process was faulty... It's hard buying gifts for aunts and uncles, like you only see them every once and awhile, and it's hard to figure out what they like because they're old and mostly like to talk about what you're up to...

Although yes, I a would also beat any relative who gives me the Apprentice on DVD boxset with a shoe as well... or trade it in for something I actually watch... most likely the shoe thing... :D

1stGenNut

1st Gen Fanatic
    Years
  • I've kinda started it. I'm not doing too much for now, as there's something on the week before Christmas, where I'm hoping to get gifts from.

I have bought two books though - One for my friend Bev, and one for my mum, it's about Dog the Bounty Hunter, and it has pictures in it.

That's it for presents, £20 spent so far lol

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • I've kinda started it. I'm not doing too much for now, as there's something on the week before Christmas, where I'm hoping to get gifts from.

I have bought two books though - One for my friend Bev, and one for my mum, it's about Dog the Bounty Hunter, and it has pictures in it.

That's it for presents, £20 spent so far lol

Only £20 for two books, were do you live?

If I want a decent book it's bound to cost over 40 dollars.
    Haha, well I'm quite sure my aunt wouldn't beat me with a shoe. She liked the show... although I can see where that thought process was faulty... It's hard buying gifts for aunts and uncles, like you only see them every once and awhile, and it's hard to figure out what they like because they're old and mostly like to talk about what you're up to...

Although yes, I a would also beat any relative who gives me the Apprentice on DVD boxset with a shoe as well... or trade it in for something I actually watch... most likely the shoe thing... :D
    Yes the beating relatives with a shoe maneuver is widely known.

1stGenNut

1st Gen Fanatic
    Years
  • I go to Waterstones in Hull for a good deal on Books. :)

On the Necropolis book for my friend, I got £3 off :P

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • No. This year I have to take a Greyhound bus to get back home, and there's no way I'm gonna fit all my stuff and Christmas gifts into my bags.

I'll start it once I arrive at my destination. And I'll probably be a real cheapskate. Projected Christmas gift shopping budget: Less than $50.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • No. This year I have to take a Greyhound bus to get back home, and there's no way I'm gonna fit all my stuff and Christmas gifts into my bags.

I'll start it once I arrive at my destination. And I'll probably be a real cheapskate. Projected Christmas gift shopping budget: Less than $50.
    What how is that even possible? *Key Chains for all*

Back