• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you taken the jump?

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
  • AVI is almost 20 years old and is horrible. MKV and even MP4 are better replacements.

Years
  • I kind of have. My desktop has to monitors, a 720p one and an LED 1080p one, so I tend to use the higher res one for my media consumption. I tend to just watch stuff on the net but I will admit to seeing an increase in quality just switching from my main monitor to my media monitor.

Years
  • I rarely watch SD content anymore.
    I own a 23" 1080p monitor, currently hooked up to my laptop until my desktop is finished.
    My parents have a high definition TV... I forgot the size. Sadly, only SD for now b/c my parents don't have the right cables (only HDMI port is being used by the blu-ray player).
    I usually swap them when I want to watch TV though.

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
    Years
  • My dvd player is a portable and I mostly watch things on the computer anyway. All the tvs in my house are boxes of various sizes. One has a built in dvd player, one has a built in vhs player, and mine just has a vhs box hooked up to it. As you can guess, everything's SD. My computer's 1280x800 and it's suits me.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    Not yet. Picture quality isn't really important right now, since we'd prefer to have everything at least working. xD;;

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I've been using blu-ray for about 4 years now though my ps3. Most of my DVDs i've replaced with blu-ray and any new stuff i get is blu-ray

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I jumped over to blu ray when I got my PS3. I'm used to blu ray's so much that I go out the way to get blu ray sometimes.

Years
  • I've got a HD TV in my living room with a Blu-Ray DVD player connected and honestly. The only bit i like about the whole thing is that the TV has a USB port for me to watch all the films I've got on my external hard drive.
    It's nothing mind blowing, I can hardly see the difference in most of the things i watch. I'll probably buy a HDTV so I can save space in my room but as for a Blu-Ray player? Not going to happen any time soon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    We had a very old TV which was big and had really bad colors. Ugly reds and blue, it was terrible to watch anything on it. Fortunately my parents got a HD screen and it changed our life. As you said, it's an amazing feeling. I don't think blue-ray is that much necessary though. Quality is already pretty good with low quality movies...And you get used to the small pixels everywhere quickly. ;3

Back