• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Headaches/Migranes

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
Years
  • Ouch, that's horrible! I can empathize -- I've had chronic migraines and headaches for years, as have several other family members. Not fun in the slightest. =(

First of all, even if you are not wanting to take medicine, consider visiting a neurologist. Since you're having them so often and intense enough they can be called migraines, you're going to want their help. They would be able to help you figure what kind of headaches and migraines you're having, as well as your triggers. It could be changes in the barometric pressure, your dietary habits, allergies, stress, or any other number of things, or a combination. Once you know what's causing them, treating them becomes easier.

Some of the non-drug treatments I've tried really depend on the type of headache. For sinus headaches, a hot cloth over your nose can relive pressure and ease the pain. Tension headaches can be pushing on some pressure points on your hand/neck/etc. Some of them, I've even gotten relief from pulling my hair for short periods of time. The best thing for any type, though, has been sleeping it off in a dark, quiet room.

A forum like PC probably isn't the best place to get too much medical advice overall, so definitely research and figure out the specifics to your case. And here's hoping you find something that works soon!

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I found out my headaches were caused by low levels of iron and a low amount of a vitimin called B12. Obviously, I went to a doctor and it doesn't mean everyone else is going to be the same, heh. You should go to a doctor just in case.

Years
  • Close your eyes and rub the sides of the bridge of your nose. Works for me. :3 Drinking tea with Chamomile in it will also help - I recommend Sleepytime herbal Chamomile & Spearmint tea.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • Headaches

Geeze, this topic is giving me a headache.

I would just rest or take a warm shower. Sadly, most of my headaches
    happen at school so both of those options are not going to work out.

Also, most headaches happen due to a lack of a decent amount of water.
    If this is the cause, I would suggest drinking more water to prevent them.

Candy Christina

poseidon's tsunami
    Years
  • I've had a migraine before and honestly, I can say it was definitely one of the worst headaches I have ever experienced. Apparently I got it because I might've been allergic to something I ate or something dealing with food. I haven't had one since then. I actually haven't had a regular headache for quite a while now that I think about it.

Years
  • I never really get bothered by them. When I have a headache and feel crappy I just sleep most of it off if I can.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    I've been getting headaches a lot since September, although they've been becoming less frequent.

They always put me in a fowl mood, Doctor says it's lack of sleep or stress.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Well, I don't suffer from that but I do get a headache now and again... And no, I don't know any other way besides medicine... you'll have to take your pills! xD

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
  • Can glasses affect headaches, cause i wear them, and never really liked them...

Well, it depends on the person and the glasses. If they're straining your vision or applying pressure to the right/wrong parts of your head, it is possible. If they're a problem -- take them in for a refitting or get a new eye exam to determine if you need a new prescription?

Back