• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Spirit Crystal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    I highly doubt it considering the soul & spirit are the same thing, at least in my opinion.

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
    I highly doubt it considering the soul & spirit are the same thing, at least in my opinion.

They are the same, just with different box art and different pokemon to be caught in game, so i agree with you.

Anyway, i don't believe there will be a spirit crystal. Mostly because they are remakes.

Sonic2000

Shadows will rule the world!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2009
    Uh...yeah::disappoin sorry. Pokemon crystal probably won't have- well, it might if everyone requests one. Find people on your side and get them to request that.

There won't be a remake of crystallaugh:face it!

Last edited:

Infernape

fire power!
    Years
    Theres gonna be a remake of crystal because nintendo always comes out with a third version of two already realesed games. Yellow was to Red and Blue, Crystal was t Gold And Silver , and so on and so on. So i think and hope the come out with a crystal remake. If not a crystal remake, then a third version with a differnet title.

Years
    I would love if they came out with a remake of Crystal. :) Especially if Kris was in the game. That would make so many Kris fans happy. Yellow version was called "Special Pikachu Edition." (I have the game.) We can't say for sure that Nintendo's not going to do it. Look at all those people who said that GS wasn't going to be remade and there is no need for it. Even if it doesn't come out in 2010/11, if enough people beg Nintendo to remake all the 3rd versions of the games, they just might do it. I'm trying to be optimistic about this. So please, don't be harsh towards me.

[[[Even if there wasn't one, who's to say that a good hacker can't hack HG/SS to add Kris, Eusine, and Suicune into the game? I'll even help the person if they do it. :) (I'll make the sprites. ^_^ I've made overworlds of Eusine DP styled.)]]]

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Theres gonna be a remake of crystal because nintendo always comes out with a third version of two already realesed games. Yellow was to Red and Blue, Crystal was t Gold And Silver , and so on and so on. So i think and hope the come out with a crystal remake. If not a crystal remake, then a third version with a differnet title.

The third part of a game is when the game is something new on the shelf, as in a new generation game. The thing is HeartGold and SoulSilver aren't new games, they're remakes. This wouldn't need a third counterpart such as Crystal, because anything they'd want in a Crystal Remake can simply be added into the Gold and Silver remakes. Plus, FireRed and LeafGreen came out, but they never got that third party game [meaning, no Yellow Remake was ever made]. It isn't something needed for remakes really. Though, it is kind of a different story I guess when it comes to the newer Generation of a game.

I wouldn't say it is impossible though as GameFreak and Nintendo have the title to do as they please with the games, but this is just my own opinion on what I think. Also, as GymLeaderLily stated, even if GameFreak themselves don't come out with one, who;s to say a ROM Hacker won't take the challenge to make one? I think a lot of people will enjoy it [at least those who play on ROMs]. Some people did say a Gold and Silver remake wasn't possible, but it's coming and I thought it would have eventually seeing FRLG come out a few years ago. It is just that with no Yellow version following it, this just makes me think a Crystal remake wouldn't arrive [Who knows though].

EDIT: Rather than creating another post, I agree with you Kurausu Varuka. I'd like for them to work on Gen. V after this over a Crystal remake as it's usually due for a cameo of a 5th Gen Pokémon in the anime by now. Anyway, a 5th Gen game over the remake would be best, and hopefully they'll take their time with it and come up with mouth watering ideas.

Last edited:

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
    The third part of a game is when the game is something new on the shelf, as in a new generation. The thing is HeartGold and SoulSilver aren't new games, they're remakes. This wouldn't need a third counterpart such as Crystal, because anything they'd want in a Crystal Remake can simply be added into the Gold and Silver remakes. Plus, FireRed and LeafGreen came out, but they never got that third party game. It isn't something needed for remakes really. Though, it is kind of a different story I guess when it comes to the newer Generation of a game.

I'd prefer they get right to work on the 5th generation after they finish the remakes... Not make another port with updated sprites and more to do....

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    I'd prefer they get right to work on the 5th generation after they finish the remakes... Not make another port with updated sprites and more to do....

It would be nice if Gamefreak made another TCG game because they were awesome and challenging in my opinion and I just wished that they came out with more.

Years
    Maayybee not...because for FRLG, they never remade Yellow, did they?
    So, not to be pessimistic or anything, but I doubt it. ^^;

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I think that the Crystal remake will get released because I know Heart Gold and Soul Silver is going to be a huge success. Nintendo would want to continue that by making a remake and getting even more money.

It's all about the benjamins baby.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I think that the Crystal remake will get released because I know Heart Gold and Soul Silver is going to be a huge success. Nintendo would want to continue that by making a remake and getting even more money.

It's all about the benjamins baby.

This is true that if HeartGold and SoulSilver brings in a lot money, they'll want to continue on. Except, it wouldn't have to a Crystal remake to be a big hit. Simply the next generation of games will have a large number on sales, possible more than a Crystal remake as well. The reason why I say this, is because people will have HeartGold and SoulSilver for their fun in Johto, and yes, Crystal would be great too, but a new generation game seems probably when it comes to brining in more money for the company. This is personally what I think, and to me it seems very probable too.

Plus, if you look at it, DPPt had a higher raise on sales than FireRed and LeafGreen, even though so many people at that time wanted the remake for the original Kanto games. Then, came Platinum, another Sinnoh game, but still the newer 4th Generation which had a raise on sales as well. I think they are simply doing this to follow the new pattern they began and to keep the old and new players interested. Knowing Gold and Silver was popular and wanted by so many fans as a remake, this may be successful enough while they begin their next generation project.

Poliwhirl#1

Pokebrawl is the future
    Years
    I would love for there to be a new Crystal but it is obvious there wont be one.
    If they made a Crystal remake I bet some people would love it but others might think it is a thing just to make more money and complain

Dr. James

Experimenting
    Years
    I don' think they will make a remake of Crystal, but I think they would put Crystal's events in HG/SS, like the better-run off of the Legendary Beasts.

exteradude

If they release a remake of the Crystal Version, I hope that they add more features than the usual, since HG/SS will have a lot of features as well. Perhaps they could add subplots that have nothing to do with the main plot, or add some information on the Legendary Beasts.

If they don't release a remake of the Crystal Version, I hope that they'll at least add the Suicune Subplot, the features introduced in Crystal, and perhaps some new, unheard of features.

I'm not saying that these will happen, I just hope. Also, everyone keep in mind that just because there was no remake of Yellow, that doesn't mean that Nintendo won't release a remake of the Crystal Version. They might, they might not.

Pingouin_7

I would personnaly like to see a Crystal remake come in. But I'll do without if they decide not to remake it.

Years
    Well, I doubt there will be a remake of Crystal, seeing as there wasn't a remake of Yellow.

Really, I think that rather than going by JUST G/S, they will most likely include elements of Crystal into both remakes. It would make more sense. I mean, this IS a deluxe version after all, so they will probably go in that direction anyways.
    Why Yellow wasn't made as a remake,is because basically look at what was in it.You get a Pikachu,it follows you around.Duh!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back