• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Heart & Soul League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    The reason people struggle with leingod I suspect is many challengers don't realize the drastic shift of pace and tactical ambition from singles to doubles and bring an otherwise singles team. Now granted this sometimes can work out, against leingod that's a rare commodity, and I should know, I only beat his doubles team thanks an excellent late game doubles strategy that is almost infallible.

LilacLust

Gone.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2012
    and those annoying follow me sets. Cos then you taunt the togekiss/blissey so it cant followme anymore

ckn

A Black Animator
    Years
    yeah true i think i beat lein like my second or third time though and im pretty sure it was a pretty haxy battle for both of us

Greene1516

Years
    and those annoying follow me sets. Cos then you taunt the togekiss/blissey so it cant followme anymore

Actually it doesn't matter. In the case of the infamous Regigigas strategy after one Follow Me Drifblim already has a Stockpile making him almost impossible to take down while he gains the rest and usually the Follow Me'er has another support move that can be crippling.

In the case of other Follow Me strategies such as the one I used on leingod, after the first Follow Me the set-up Pokemon still usually has gotten a significant boost with no loss of health and is usually enough to start taking names.

Honestly if you need to rely on getting more than one turn of set-up then you have the wrong Pokemon since every Pokemon has some counter that can 2HKO it.

leingodf8

GLEE!!!
    Years
    Actually it doesn't matter. In the case of the infamous Regigigas strategy after one Follow Me Drifblim already has a Stockpile making him almost impossible to take down while he gains the rest and usually the Follow Me'er has another support move that can be crippling.

In the case of other Follow Me strategies such as the one I used on leingod, after the first Follow Me the set-up Pokemon still usually has gotten a significant boost with no loss of health and is usually enough to start taking names.

Honestly if you need to rely on getting more than one turn of set-up then you have the wrong Pokemon since every Pokemon has some counter that can 2HKO it.

Well the regigigas stratgy would be hurt a lot by taunt, because if the person knew what was coming, it would be able to stop the skill swap or psyche up with taunt. But ur right, your strategy against me wouldnt have been helped by taunt because after one DD your gyrados would still be pretty devastating. I acctually gotta say greene. A lot of people use that strategy of togekiss + follow me, but i think you were the first person ive ever fought who didnt use it as a lead strategy.

EDIT: When i say it wouldnt have been helped by taunt i mean taunt wouldnt help me

Last edited:

Greene1516

Years
    Thing about the Regigias strategy is that the Skill Swap is actually the only necessary part. On PBR you only have 4 guys so it is harder, but on Wi-Fi you have 6, so those last 2 should be fit to switch in to keep Drifblim for later if a Taunter ruins the lead set-up.

ckn

A Black Animator
    Years
    defeated piplup 5-0 and piplup you lost the battle when you used that weather move Trick Room
    GG though

Dark i accept

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back