• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold SoulSilver Commercial [updated]

Turke

The Dude
Years
  • That was awesome! This game looks like it's gonna be som much fun, I can't wait til it comes out!

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
    Years
  • This commercial looks great! It also sounds great, that music really is very good, though I doubt it will be in the game.

All the overhead shots of the cities look very good, unfortunately the Goldenrod part can't be paused without it being all blurry, however, I believe that the building on the right is the department store, and is looking very Platinum-y.

I have to say I am not a fan of the title screens, both of them look very bland if you ask me.

Another thing I have to say I am pleased with is the addition of hills to the areas. G/S/C were very flat and if this was the same in the remake it would be strange compared to D/P/P. However as we can see in the video, the route with Mr Pokemon's house has had hills added, which somehow pleases me.

I can't wait to see shots of Kanto, nighttime, and of the remaining cities. I don't think Olivine, Cianwood or Blackthorn have been seen yet, but I have no doubt that they will also look incredible.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    What? I didn't say that in honor of Kris. I've been defending the new girl constantly. Others were calling her Mario and saying her hat is too big and that Kris is hidden inside her hat. I'm proving that the hat wasn't that big at all. It looks nice. I like the hat. The hair looks nice too, but it appears higher up from that angle. I still like the sprite, and it's still my favorite playable female character. I just wanted to prove a point that people shouldn't have worried about the hat being too big.

I meant that the sprite itself may be an homage to Kris.

lol, those jokes are hilarious. Can you imagine if Kris was inside that hat?!
    jk, I like the new girl too. She kinda grows on you.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    The official map shows it, and the north area of Ecruteak has it - that is, a gradual change of scenery from greens to orange. Maybe Johto itself is set in Autumn, but I doubt there's actual changes due to seasons.

Johto would seem like the region to be in perpetual Autumn. It would explain the low-saturation colors of G/S/C. Plus, I always thought it felt like the calming down period.

And besides, Sinnoh was like a winter region. The main characters wore scarfs and, in Platinum, Twinleaf had snow.

Maybe each of the regions has it's own season?

Years
  • Johto would seem like the region to be in perpetual Autumn. It would explain the low-saturation colors of G/S/C. Plus, I always thought it felt like the calming down period.

And besides, Sinnoh was like a winter region. The main characters wore scarfs and, in Platinum, Twinleaf had snow.

Maybe each of the regions has it's own season?

kanto seems like Spring to me, and Hoenn as summer (there were people on a friggin' beach sunbathing!)
    but yes, the commercial does show Johto with an autumn-like look, which i think suits the ornate style of Johto, cos they were the most "under-developed" region, in my opinion.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
  • Go for a trawl around your local central business district and look for some hot pink brick roads. Pink bricks all over the footpath would be abhorrent.

I think you're missing the point. THIS ISN'T A LOCAL CENTRAL BUSINESS DISTRICT. It's a damn game on a handheld, what is your problem? In my opinion the black roads make it look like Jubilife City. Before the soft pink (not HOT PINK) blended with the light yellow formed a soft gold coloured look, the two colours went WELL together. Black roads and this pure gold look a bit weird.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I think you're missing the point. THIS ISN'T A LOCAL CENTRAL BUSINESS DISTRICT. It's a damn game on a handheld, what is your problem? In my opinion the black roads make it look like Jubilife City. Before the soft pink (not HOT PINK) blended with the light yellow formed a soft gold coloured look, the two colours went WELL together. Black roads and this pure gold look a bit weird.

I think he was using a metaphor...

But anyway, gold and pink roads wouldn't look as pleasing in this area, it being a major city and all. I think that the Black roads create a nice contrast with the buildings in the town. You may also notice that the original Goldenrod City could not use this scheme, as the GBC couldn't use two different shades of black. Don't get me wrong, I liked the old Goldenrod, but the bricks in the road don't make that much of a difference in gameplay.

My point is: if you're gonna start an argument or even give up a great game because of bricks in a path, you might as well just give up all games. Because there's always going to be things that you don't like in a game (mostly more important than brick colours).

Eggie Poo Poo

Years
  • I think he was using a metaphor...

But anyway, gold and pink roads wouldn't look as pleasing in this area, it being a major city and all. I think that the Black roads create a nice contrast with the buildings in the town. You may also notice that the original Goldenrod City could not use this scheme, as the GBC couldn't use two different shades of black. Don't get me wrong, I liked the old Goldenrod, but the bricks in the road don't make that much of a difference in gameplay.

My point is: if you're gonna start an argument or even give up a great game because of bricks in a path, you might as well just give up all games. Because there's always going to be things that you don't like in a game (mostly more important than brick colours).

The thing is, it kind of DOES make it a big difference in gameplay. It makes it look more like Jubilife or Veilstone, it should have its own Johto look to it, by using the classic colours.

Years
  • I would just like to say that I will indeed miss the beautiful pink roadway. :pink_cry:

On the other hand, how awesome was that commercial?!

Has anyone else seen the awesomeness that is the Lava-rie goodness gym?

Or how Ecruteak has so many different trees? 1 type of tree was 3 different colors, and there was another type of tree there. Doesn't it look simply stunning?

Eggie Poo Poo

Years
  • I would just like to say that I will indeed miss the beautiful pink roadway. :pink_cry:

On the other hand, how awesome was that commercial?!

Has anyone else seen the awesomeness that is the Lava-rie goodness gym?

Or how Ecruteak has so many different trees? 1 type of tree was 3 different colors, and there was another type of tree there. Doesn't it look simply stunning?

Yeah I've found I've made it a ritual to come here every day and watch the commercial once, maybe twice, then eat some food, come back and watch it again :D:D:D:D

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    The thing is, it kind of DOES make it a big difference in gameplay. It makes it look more like Jubilife or Veilstone, it should have its own Johto look to it, by using the classic colours.
    Then go play the originals.

To be honest I don't care, I never paid attention to the pink bricks, I paid more attention to the buildings and stuff.
    For all we know, this is a beta. We've seen various graphical changes from when the game was first announced a few months ago up to today, so anything is possible.

AND DID ANYONE ELSE LOVE THE LIGHT POSTS?
    I always thought softly lit light posts like that give a town a much better ambiance.

Eggie Poo Poo

Years
  • Then go play the originals.

To be honest I don't care, I never paid attention to the pink bricks, I paid more attention to the buildings and stuff.
    For all we know, this is a beta. We've seen various graphical changes from when the game was first announced a few months ago up to today, so anything is possible.

AND DID ANYONE ELSE LOVE THE LIGHT POSTS?
    I always thought softly lit light posts like that give a town a much better ambiance.

Dude there's some things you just KNOW they aren't going to change by final release, so don't give me that "ho ho this is t3h beta ho ho! ho ho ho ho! ho ho!"

Leyt

Absolution
    Years
  • The release seems so far away.

Then again, by the time it's released in the US, I may forget about it.

Years
  • When platinum came out in Japan I played it but after month I got bored. I totally forgot about until the English release date came. I'm excited for these games because they were the first games I got. I remember I played the gameboy like an addict and I'll never get bored because of the nostalgia.
    On topic: the commercial looks great and making me too excited! We have to wait 2 months which sucks hopefully I can be more patient.

TheNerdyPotato

Feraligatr is actually a Croc!
    Years
  • the game isnt gonna be NDSi only, there aren't NDSi only games...
    the "touch to start" screens like incredible, im so impressed.
    i am slightly confused though.
    it showed ecruteak city with the lake bit in the top, and the kimono girl house below, but the city looked kinda gray/blue-ish
    but then other screens, what i'm presuming to be, of ecruteak city, show it with red & goldy trees? i'm so confused :| are they just showing different areas of the city? cos i'm unsure if its different places or not
    sorry if you don't actually understand what i'm going on about. its hard to explain D:

My guess is the autumn looking scene is in front of the tin tower where Ho-oh is, I never thought that was just ecruteak city because ecruteak is a very dull and releaxing place

I loved it. I like that the game focuses more on the touch screen also. Even the title screen uses it. The pokedex looks awesome and so do the Ho-oh and Lugia entrances. I really hope there are seasons in this one. I would love to see changes involving the calandar and not just the clock.

the problem with having seasons in the game would be Nintendo of America would have to mess with it to fit our Seasonal Calendar, because Japan has different seasons for different months since they are far away from us. Also, for every place that was different the nintendo there would have to change it too, like for in Australia.

lol When I first played, I thought he was a girl as well. (Even the booklet said Bugsy was female.) Then, I found out via anime that Bugsy was a male. He'll probably stay a male in this remake. Hopefully, they'll make him more manly.

I really like how they made Ecruteak City. It looks very well made. I like the different colored trees. Finally, we can see the front (overworld) sprite of the new girl! Yay! The hat looks normal sized, but the hair looks a little too high up. Oh well. I still like the sprite, though. ^_^

The whole point of Bugsy is to look like a girl but be a boy, its making fun of a lot of Japanese people that look like the opposite sex.

Last edited:
    Back