• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold & SoulSilver Question and Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Here ya can ask a question 'bout newly released games.
    HeartGold & SoulSilver Question and Answers

FAQ
    Q: How to obtain HMxx?
    A: This will help.
    Ash493 said:

HM01 Cut - Same as in G/S/C. = In the Ilex Forest after ya catch both Farfetch'd 's
    HM02 Fly - Also same. = From Chuck's wife after ya beat him.
    HM03 Surf - Once again same. = In Kimono dojo on the first visit after ya beat rocket grunt.
    HM04 Strength - Not same xD = From the hiker on the way from Ecruteak to Mahogany.
    HM05 Whirlpool - Same... = From Lance after ya beat Electrodes in Rocket's hideout in Goldenrod.
    HM06 Rock Smash - In some way same. = From the fat guy standing ahead of Sudoowoodo on the Route 32.
    HM07 Watterfall - Also same. = In ice path.
    Q: Guy blocks me on the way from Violet City to Azalea.
    A: Take Togepi's egg from the Violet City's mart.
    Q: How to move Farfetch'ds to the student?
    A: Read this :)
    bobandbill said:
    To get Cut, you have to catch both Farfetch'd. Distract them into looking in one direction by steping on a bracnh, and then approach them and press A on them while they are still looking the other way (i.e. then approach them via a route eithout a branch in the way). For the second one, have him in the top right-hand corner of the four places it can be and have it looking downwards - then go around and interact with it from the left side).
    Q: How to obtain Radio Card?
    A: Read this :)

bobandbill said:
    Answers are Top, Top, Bottom, Top and Bottom in that order.
    Q: I have 8 badges but Kotone/Hibiki won't let me surf from New Bark!
    A: Ya have to have your version legendary. That means fly to Ecruteak, beat Kimono Girls and then fly to your legend's location and capture it.
    Q: Where's Machine Part?
    A: This picture will help.
    HeartGold & SoulSilver Question and Answers

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I hearby endorse this thread. =)

We'll have it as a Help thread of sorts - as people keep asking questions about parts they get stuck in, this can serve as a Help for them.

I'll note a few common problems:

• To be able to head towards Union Cave/Azelea Town south from Violet City, you have to beat Sprout Tower, the Gym, and then accept the Egg from Elm's aide, who will be standing in Violet City's PokeMart. (Not the Pokemon Centre).
    • To get Cut, you have to catch both Farfetch'd. Distract them into looking in one direction by steping on a bracnh, and then approach them and press A on them while they are still looking the other way (i.e. then approach them via a route eithout a branch in the way). For the second one, have him in the top right-hand corner of the four places it can be and have it looking downwards - then go around and interact with it from the left side).
    • To get Whitney to appear in her gym, you have to get the Radio Card from Radio Tower in Goldenrod. You have to do a quiz - the answers are Top, Top, Bottom, Top and Bottom in that order.

Tochukaso

Grass + Bug
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2009
    im having problems with soulsilver. i patched it with an anti-freeze patch but it still freezes often- i have to save after every trainer. any suggestions?

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Sorry, but ROM talk isn't encouraged around here, but I can suggest that you import the game, you wouldn't have any problems then. :P

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    I hearby endorse this thread. =)

We'll have it as a Help thread of sorts - as people keep asking questions about parts they get stuck in, this can serve as a Help for them.

Does that mean it could possibly get a sticky, to prevent it from falling into the recess of backthreads pages back.

Hmm...No questions for now, but that's because I'm not very far in.
    Expect a question or too later, if I'm not too determined to try it alone.
    Albeit that, If I do do it alone, I will post here for anyone that asks a question on soemthing that I've already past.

Sorry, but ROM talk isn't encouraged around here, but I can suggest that you import the game, you wouldn't have any problems then. :P

We're allowed answer that question dude. We're just not allowed link to roms.

As for you Tochukaso, I suggest using the IdeaS emulator(use google to find it) because it's working VERY well for me and I've experienced no freezing and/or slowing down like I did on No$GBA and DeSmuME.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    For the 'where do I get ___ Stone' questions - I don't know specific locations, but I do know that a Crystal method exists for HG/SS. Basically, some people will give you a phone number once you beat them - in Crystal and HG/SS, at times they will call you and when you go visit them they'll give you an item, such as the Stones! So for instance Leaf Stone can be gotten from the Picknicker girl by the Day Care Center you gives you her number.
    Does that mean it could possibly get a sticky, to prevent it from falling into the recess of backthreads pages back.
    Maybe. Probably as more get their games and all, methinks, or maybe sooner...

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    How do i catch that farfetched it keeps runing away

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    You have to watch out for the sticks on the ground, if you step on them, it turns to a different direction.

I suggest you check out the walkthrough on Pokebeach's main site in their HG/SS Section on the side menu.
    They're up as far as Goldenrod so it should help.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    You have to watch out for the sticks on the ground, if you step on them, it turns to a different direction.

I suggest you check out the walkthrough on Pokebeach's main site in their HG/SS Section on the side menu.
    They're up as far as Goldenrod so it should help.
    that dont help at all realy.... and i cant see a walkthough for heart gold on the side menu? anyone els3e?

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    bobandbill said:
    To get Cut, you have to catch both Farfetch'd. Distract them into looking in one direction by steping on a bracnh, and then approach them and press A on them while they are still looking the other way (i.e. then approach them via a route eithout a branch in the way). For the second one, have him in the top right-hand corner of the four places it can be and have it looking downwards - then go around and interact with it from the left side).

I honestly think that explained it pretty well. :P

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Tip: you can't get to Jasmine from the lift. Go up the stairs, and eventually you'll find an open window you can go through. Then you'll have a 3D thing and you'll have access to more trainers and then her/her Ampharos.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    ^ Can confirm that it's the same as GSC with the trade - guy in Violet City trades you a (nicknamed, methinks) Onix for a Bellsprout, and I think it comes with a berry as well....

Man on the 5th level of the Goldenrod Dept. Store also trades a Machop for your Drowzee, again like GSC. It appears to have had the Macho Brace or a similar-looking item attached to it... neat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back