• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver site opens! Image overhaul.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2009
    i just peed my pants . and i thought the originals were the best ever. who needs diamond pearl platinum i cannot wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    I already posted it the Map thread, but i'll post it here too

I messed around with the battle tower area in photoshop a bit, see if I could darken it abit so it would be easier to see.

HeartGold/SoulSilver site opens! Image overhaul.

My source of the map was from the opening flash intro from the new site.

wnxvale

Lugia...Aeroblast!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    restarted silver...and now lookin at this...I CANT FREAKIN WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peccadillo

p h a n t o m
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2011
    What a beautiful site.. I love the image of the Johto map. It looks like the creators are giving this all they have. So, this game is going to be awesome, hehe.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Love how your rival isn't "???" and instead is "passing by kid".
    Introducing himself as "???" in the original was something that has been bothering me for a long time.

d[-_-]b

HAH! You better have BURN HEAL
    Years
  • Love how your rival isn't "???" and instead is "passing by kid".
    Introducing himself as "???" in the original was something that has been bothering me for a long time.
    how does that bother you his name was ???

and I chose to start a solo run on crystal after looking at these images yesterday morning like wnxvale said

*~Fireheart~*

ready for action!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    Love how your rival isn't "???" and instead is "passing by kid".

Yea I thought his name was ??? so when the people asked for his name I responded with ??? lol

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • Oh my... That picture of Ecruteak City is very beautiful. =o *immediately saves it*
    I think it looks just the way Ecruteak should look like. That hint of ancient legends mixed with a little modern architecture for the Gym, Mart and PC.
    By the way, is that Mahogany I see?

Also, I like the new site. The background is unbelievable. XD
    Also, the art of Ho-Oh and Lugia is very pretty. ^^ Lugia's awesomeness has once again been caught correctly. Ho-oh is just great. ^^

I was kinda surprised to find something about Giovanni though. :o Can anyone explain me where that comes from?

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • The site is totally awesome!!! The way they have designed the site is just something else. I hope they just keep releasing more and more delicious pics.
    (off topic: I cannot understand japenese so I was actually wondeing whether there is any japenese user on PC who could translate all the latest info for everybody else as the google translation is plain CRAP!!)

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • You mean gamefreak correct?

Nintendo AND Game Freak. Game Freak is a second-party developer because it's owned partly by Nintendo.

Anyway, the game looks like it's almost complete. At this rate, I think we could see the game released in Japanese by October. I'm hoping they do release the English version early next year.

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
    Years
  • Oh WOW new art looks sooo pretty! And as for the map, the first time I saw the Cianwood new area, I thought "That reminds me of the Great Marsh". Looking at it further, I'm not so sure, but there was no safari zone in the original - maybe they put it back in?
    And the map again, what is that golden glow above Ecruteak? Is it to do with Ho-Oh?
    So many mysteries! (and excitements!)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Oh WOW new art looks sooo pretty! And as for the map, the first time I saw the Cianwood new area, I thought "That reminds me of the Great Marsh". Looking at it further, I'm not so sure, but there was no safari zone in the original - maybe they put it back in?
    And the map again, what is that golden glow above Ecruteak? Is it to do with Ho-Oh?
    So many mysteries! (and excitements!)

The golden glow above Ecruteak is only because of the trees. The trees located in this one city are known for its bright golden shine and makes the air of the city appear this way. However, seeing as Ho-Oh is also located here, it could have a little to do with it, but the trees are giving off this look on the map for the most part.

Now, that art with the city is really nice. I wouldn't be surprised if anyone added it as their computer wallpaper. It tells us a lot about what new look some towns will have along with some kind of reference on how things may play out. The look of Mt. Silver is just eye catching. It slightly reminds me of Mt. Coronet because of how large it is appeared to be and the snow cap it was given.

Utilizing the touch screen is all the better for this game. It goes to show how much effort they are enforcing into the remake. It makes one wonder however, if GameFreak and Nintendo are starting to relalizee their loss in income and are bringing it back with such a large new change. Over that though, it is still a nice touch for the fans and as seen it has gotten many hyped over it. My personal favorite of these however is the shot with Ho-Oh soaring above the Tin Towers and Lugia being overshadowed by the waterfall. They both definitely give off a nice touch to these two legendaries and their respective homes.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I just hope that there will be more Sugimori art of cities for us to enjoy ^_^

Britney's Circus

Livin' In Sin Is The New Thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    Hi guys, i just noticed that this picture is of the town you visit first on the game, looks like Teddiursa is at the start of the game! :D

HeartGold/SoulSilver site opens! Image overhaul.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Just like I said on another thread, just because it shows gold and a teddiursa in the second town it doesn't necessarily mean that it's catchable that early in the game.

*But that would be cool though*

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2009

Just like I said on another thread, just because it shows gold and a teddiursa in the second town it doesn't necessarily mean that it's catchable that early in the game.

*But that would be cool though*

He's right as its quite possible to fly there when you obtain the HM later in the game.

Back