• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Hmm...I doubt that they'll insert the Sevii Islands because the Sevii Islands were not in the original Gold and Silver and Crystal games. And since this is a remake...they'll probably not have the Sevii Islands in them.

They weren't in the original R/G either, yet they were in FR/LG, right?

I'm fairly sure they'll be there, and maybe even extended into a whole archipelago ending south of the Whirl Islands. ^_^

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    There is a chance since they were in FRLG. Still I think with what we seen so far, there is already too many things in HGSS to begin with the Safari Zone, Kanto and such.

Still it be interesting to see how the Kanto Volcanic Event had effected Sevii Islands since they were kind of close to each other.

Nemaru

nah
    Years
    It would be a nice addition, but I would rather have the Orange Islands ^^

that would be awesome. Pinkan Island FTW, get me some o dem pink poekaymawnz. And, it would be even cooler if they added in the 5 Gyms of the Orange Archipalego, I would love to battle against the dragon dude and his Dragonite. =D

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    Yes, it has already been stated that this is the sequel to FR/LG, and since the Sevii Islands are in those games, I assume they will put it in HGSS.

Kyo Wolf

HG/SS Kanto Lover
    Years
    I think that they might, but really, In my opinion, we already have 2 regions, a new battle frontier, a new safari zone and we still have the bug catching contest. It would be nice for the Sevii Islands to be in, but I doubt it. If they do, I think they need to add the legendary birds in as well.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
    The birds would be good, since I'd hate to trade. In my opinion, I'd like for the sevii islands to not be there. I'd want something else, maybe an extra zone or secret areas you would have to unlock.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    New PokeGear App ideas?

I think there should really be an EV/IV tracker app.
    That would be loads useful.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    I'd definitely like it if they were, but I'd say there's evidence for both and for neither. They'll probably want to add more Hoenn Pokemon in there, considering the weather trio and others are available, and the Sevii Islands would be an easy place to do it, plus the Birds could easily fit in there too if they wanted to add those (Moltres in Mt. Ember obv, Articuno in Icefall Cave, and Zapdos possibly in the 5 Island Warehouse? Or maybe re-use that for story purposes and stick Zapdos somewhere else; there's plenty of places it could go). And, this is technically a sequel to FrLg, so it would make sense to put them there. Plus, if they wanted to offer a Deoxys event again, it's already got a location there.

Evidence against it would be they're simply not needed. Every single Pokemon, bar a select few starters/legendaries, are available in DPPt, and those that aren't probably wouldn't be featured in the Islands. Anything that would be there would be available by trading anyway, so they'd just be extending gameplay even more.

Riggzyd

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    Whats in orange/Sevii Islands anyways it looks like the Deoxys island O.o

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Merged thread on speculation on features in the PokeGear here with the Speculation thread.

Although they have already shown off at least a good part of the Pokegear... =/

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    The PokéGear is coming along well, and like stated it has really been covered. However, with everything shown there is a slight chance for some new apps, but we'd have to see later on. I do agree that there are some app ideas that have been told that could be really helpful to most players. One would be a an EV/IV Counter that was stated earlier above. I know that an app like this would be in high use if introduced, but that could also be a wishful idea for now.

As for the Sevii Islands, there are some things to say about that. The idea that this game is a sequel to FRLG makes sense as the events of Gold and Silver did happen three ears after the events in FRLG. So, there is a possibility that the Sevii Islands can return, but then there is that chance that it may not. Anything can go either way at this point, but news about it still hasn't risen to the surface yet. So, to say it will be there isn't the best to guarantee as we know nothing about it from where we stand. Although, if it isn't there, then I wouldn't blame the idea of removing it. It really wouldn't serve much of a purpose seeing as the events with Team Rocket has already passed and went. Not to mention, other than Moltres [which more than likely won't appear in HGSS] there isn't much for the Sevii Islands to serve other than free catching space for wild Pokémon. Though, from here in my opinion I say it could happen, but then again it may not.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    An EV/IV counter app would be useful, no doubt, but I really can't see Nintendo actually making it. They seem to like to keep those values hidden to the player, and don't even make official references to those values; they just say things like "properly training your Pokemon" and "individual differences between Pokemon." So it would seem odd that in any Pokemon game they'd give you direct access to that information.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    ........Way to lower our spirits >>
    It's only for your own good. You'll keep getting disappointed until you'll realize the only games you'll have Orange Islands at are Naranja and Liquid Crystal. Don't blame the good guy o:

And blah, there is a chance for Sevii. First, I read someone's explanation why it should be in and I think he was right. Secondly, it won't be an identical remake, they'll probably include all the places they ruined in Kanto in first place.

Ariados133

Ariados use Shadow Sneak (:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2009
    Don't really see the point

Even though its the first pokemon i your party that follows you around they all stay roughly the same size like cyndaquil and tyranitar are nearly the same size its based on the sprites in the Party screen (:

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    An EV/IV counter app would be useful, no doubt, but I really can't see Nintendo actually making it. They seem to like to keep those values hidden to the player, and don't even make official references to those values; they just say things like "properly training your Pokemon" and "individual differences between Pokemon." So it would seem odd that in any Pokemon game they'd give you direct access to that information.
    It sure would be helpful though, I can't keep track of EV to save my life

It's only for your own good.

my a** ................

Back