• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    We're all speculators, so stuff called out as false is when we must draw the line. So! When were the Sevii Islands ruled out completely?
    Yeah I wanna know too when where they ruled out completely? I mean if not sevii should be considered more and more with the fr/lg hinting becoming more heavy.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    And if they weren't there, Gamefreak would still have to explain themselves in more storyline (Like the islands all getting destroyed by the three birds battling it out or something).

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Not to mention Lorelei has residence on that island so storywise things would make more sense with it in. Also devistatingly scary specualtion. Birds for Lugia in HG and Beasts for Ho-oh in SS. *raises shield*

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Not to mention Lorelei has residence on that island so storywise things would make more sense with it in. Also devistatingly scary specualtion. Birds for Lugia in HG and Beasts for Ho-oh in SS. *raises shield*

...I'm PRETTY sure that won't happen. There's speculation, and there's crazy stuff. =P (Of course, it COULD, but I really doubt it).

The only way that could work is maybe one of these comes into play earlier in the game depending on the version, though - Lugia has *something* to do with the birds, and Ho-oh the dogs (Suicune is speculated to be in Kanto, so... who knows?). I find that unlikely, but more so than a straight unavailability (because after all, Ho-oh AND Lugia are in both versions anyways).

I had a feeling that cgi movie scene in the latest set of commercials which had the Kanto birds behind Lugia when it flew may have meant more than just being pretty and possibly a vague Movie reference. =D

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    ...I'm PRETTY sure that won't happen. There's speculation, and there's crazy stuff. =P (Of course, it COULD, but I really doubt it).

The only way that could work is maybe one of these comes into play earlier in the game depending on the version, though - Lugia has *something* to do with the birds, and Ho-oh the dogs (Suicune is speculated to be in Kanto, so... who knows?). I find that unlikely, but more so than a straight unavailability (because after all, Ho-oh AND Lugia are in both versions anyways).

I had a feeling that cgi movie scene in the latest set of commercials which had the Kanto birds behind Lugia when it flew may have meant more than just being pretty and possibly a vague Movie reference. =D
    Of course its crazy but everything is possible. I mean for all we know the dogs are in both version but are unlocked in SS after getting the birds and vice versa. But never going to happen so whatever.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    We know that the likelyhood of Kanto re-appearing is very high. This means there in no point of the Sevii islands appearing aswell.

Also, that train is looking very sexy. I'm guessing it's the Kanto/Johto train (forgot it's name).

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    We know that the likelyhood of Kanto re-appearing is very high. This means there in no point of the Sevii islands appearing aswell.

Also, that train is looking very sexy. I'm guessing it's the Kanto/Johto train (forgot it's name).
    Don't quite follow that Kanto means no Sevii Islands - after all, they had been in FR/LG and suddenly the inclusion of the Kanto birds again gives them the possibility of having some point to them again. It's not that likely, but it can still happen. They can always come back with a 'point' to it as well - and they weren't even needed in FR/LG, arguably, so they could, if they wanted, but them in with little/no point. (Although if they are in I'd prefer them to have some plot or something there to hold interest for a bit. Like, say, the Kanto birds, and/or a subplot).

Kinda doubt though the Kanto birds are in the Sevii Islands if they are in - translations say Kanto, and I don't believe they treat the Sevii Islands as being in Kanto.

Furthermore, Kanto had been 100% confirmed a while back (a month ago?), along with that picture of the Magnet train. =P

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Don't quite follow that Kanto means no Sevii Islands - after all, they had been in FR/LG and suddenly the inclusion of the Kanto birds again gives them the possibility of having some point to them again. It's not that likely, but it can still happen. They can always come back with a 'point' to it as well - and they weren't even needed in FR/LG, arguably, so they could, if they wanted, but them in with little/no point. (Although if they are in I'd prefer them to have some plot or something there to hold interest for a bit. Like, say, the Kanto birds, and/or a subplot).

Furthermore, Kanto had been 100% confirmed a while back (a month ago?), along with that picture of the Magnet train. =P
    What I meant was that people only wanted the inclusion of the Sevii islands when Kanto still wansn't confirmed (maybe as a replacment for Kanto), but once it had been proven, I didn't think there was any point in having it since the Battle Frontier is now available.

Ooka

Years
    Well, the Sevii islands also had the inclusion of the new trade system, so I'm thinking maybe a Pal Park will be located on them if they're included? Still thinking out loud.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Well, the Sevii islands also had the inclusion of the new trade system, so I'm thinking maybe a Pal Park will be located on them if they're included? Still thinking out loud.
    It's a possibility... also note however that now there's a Safari Zone in Johto, what becomes of the old one in Kanto? Maybe that becomes the Pal Park, assuming there is one. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    It's a possibility... also note however that now there's a Safari Zone in Johto, what becomes of the old one in Kanto? Maybe that becomes the Pal Park, assuming there is one. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
    In the original games, it was just closed. I think for refurbishment or something.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years

In the original games, it was just closed. I think for refurbishment or something.
    That area may see some usage in HG/SS though. Back then they even had beta maps for the Safari zone, but just took out the door and all (meaning you couldn't go in), because they didn't want a repeat of Glitch City (glitch in RBY involving the Safari Zone), and already had a Bug Catching comp anyways, adding in the little bit in GSC that the Warden was now running the Bug Catching comp, while the Safari zone remained closed without him.

Think it'd be neat to see it have some usage this time around... given that HG/SS is said to connect to past 3rd gen games according to the Nintendo website, the Pal Park is likely to be in, IMO. (After all there are plenty of DS/DS Lite users about still, trading back is unlikely to happen with 4th/3rd gen games still so I doubt a Time Machine will necessarily return, and it in the Safari Zone in Kanto (or the Sevii Islands as another has suggested) works well with the whole post-E4 requirement to use it in D/P/Pt and makes use of an unused past area. I personally expect a Kanto the size closer to what it was FR/LG in HG/SS, IMO.

But we shall have to wait and see. =)

Ooka

Years
    No, I don't believe Jessie and James specifically will be in it, although you will be seeing Team Rocket, and hopefully, Giovanni will be making a return.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    Jessie and James were in Yellow. Maybe they will surprise us

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    I wasn't going to read through all 114 pages so I'll just risk this.
    I'm not sure if it's been done yet but I'm going to link you all to a thread on Pokebeach because some guy called Yaminokame has translated(and very sufficiently I might add) a lot of the official japanese sources for the games, which pretty much confirms a lot of the speculation going on in this here thread.

Pokebeach: Yaminokame's Translations

Then again, some of you are importing it right and from what you guys can interpret playing the Japanese Versions could also help clear up a lot of hopes for the game.

Again though, I'm sorry if this was already linked. Reading through 114 pages can be tedious and a lot of the pages were repeating the same stuff as previous pages.

Back