• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I wasn't going to read through all 114 pages so I'll just risk this.
    I'm not sure if it's been done yet but I'm going to link you all to a thread on Pokebeach because some guy called Yaminokame has translated(and very sufficiently I might add) a lot of the official japanese sources for the games, which pretty much confirms a lot of the speculation going on in this here thread.

Pokebeach: Yaminokame's Translations

Then again, some of you are importing it right and from what you guys can interpret playing the Japanese Versions could also help clear up a lot of hopes for the game.

Again though, I'm sorry if this was already linked. Reading through 114 pages can be tedious and a lot of the pages were repeating the same stuff as previous pages.

I agree, 114 pages can be very tedious, but you're right these translations have been provided for viewers here both in Speculations and in a varitety of other threads on the HeartGold and SoulSilver forum as well. Although, it's nice to have it back up to current, thanks. =D

As for continuing the topic from the last page, I don't think it is quite possible to rule out the Sevii Islands from making a return as yet. Even if Kanto is to be back, that doesn't rule out the possibility of having the Sevii Islands included. Plus, these few islands can include a new array for the game as well, but of course I believe it will have a bit of difference from that of FRLG's.

As for the Bird Trio [Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres], it is interesting to hear that they may come up again. And I agree, their occurence can rise the chance of the Sevii Islands being brought into the games. As for their location however, it can be possible that they are positioned in their original location as it was in FRLG. Even if two of those areas are being utilizied by Blaine and others, an area can have more than one use.

Although, there were a couple other ideas that came to mind. One, it could be possible to rule out the Sevii Islands for Moltres and instead open up Cinnabar Island as an open area such as Starck Mountain for its capture, noting how a volcano had erupted there during the course of three years. Or, like in FRLG with the Legendary Beasts, depending on your starter chosen at the start we will be able to capture one of the birds in the wild roaming the area.

Just an idea, but we'll see. :)

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    The Sevii Islands mainly served as a side-quest to enable trading and such with the R/S/E games and enable you to complete the Pokedex by introducing Johto Pokemon into the continuity of the Third-Gen Games. IT also had some side-quests involving a continuation of Team Rocket after it's disbanding and hinting at Silver being Giovanni's son, even though he is, according to Manga sources anyway. And there was the quest with the biker gang and the Lorelei quest too.
    If they were revamped and placed into the G/S remakes, they couldn't really serve the same purpose as the game takes place three years on(supposedly, like G/S/C was to R/B/G/Y), Pal Park has been confirmed so that would enable the transference of Pokemon from third-gen games, thus ruling out the use of the Communication Center on One Island.
    I'm not really seeing a point to it being added, then of course, I could be very mistaken but since it's a Johto based game, the Island's additional Johto Pokemon would be useless unless some legendaries, etc were placed here.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Saying the Sevii islands are unneeded in HGSS is rather stupid IMO. You can say they're not in if it's speculated (and it's not), but it's really not useless.

1. Connectivity to DPPt
    2. Expanding the (too short for a DS Pokemon game) storyline
    3. Extra place for the lacking 1st/3rd gen Pokemons
    4. A great place for legendaries
    5. A great place for other extras
    6. A great place to expand the whole Red/Team Rocket story (I know I said something similar, but those need to be specifically expanded now with the whole FRLG story and the weird-unrelated finale of GSC)
    7. Makes a lot of sense to remake, since GSC were sequels to RBGY just like HGSS are sequels to FRLG.
    8. It could include the replacements of all the specific-evolution-spots in DPPt.

Those are fair reasons to include that 10-MB worth thing, even individually.

Years
    i personally don't see why the sevii islands wouldn't be included, as HG/SS are set two years after FR/LG... and the sevii islands were a fair chunk of FR/LG.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I agree, 114 pages can be very tedious, but you're right these translations have been provided for viewers here both in Speculations and in a varitety of other threads on the HeartGold and SoulSilver forum as well. Although, it's nice to have it back up to current, thanks. =D

As for continuing the topic from the last page, I don't think it is quite possible to rule out the Sevii Islands from making a return as yet. Even if Kanto is to be back, that doesn't rule out the possibility of having the Sevii Islands included. Plus, these few islands can include a new array for the game as well, but of course I believe it will have a bit of difference from that of FRLG's.

As for the Bird Trio [Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres], it is interesting to hear that they may come up again. And I agree, their occurence can rise the chance of the Sevii Islands being brought into the games. As for their location however, it can be possible that they are positioned in their original location as it was in FRLG. Even if two of those areas are being utilizied by Blaine and others, an area can have more than one use.

Although, there were a couple other ideas that came to mind. One, it could be possible to rule out the Sevii Islands for Moltres and instead open up Cinnabar Island as an open area such as Starck Mountain for its capture, noting how a volcano had erupted there during the course of three years. Or, like in FRLG with the Legendary Beasts, depending on your starter chosen at the start we will be able to capture one of the birds in the wild roaming the area.

Just an idea, but we'll see. :)
    Can you explain the bolded part more? I was just thinking that the birds don't really serve as a link to the Sevii islands. I'm sure the game developers could think of ways to implement into the Johto story or even make them post national dex, like in Platinum. Introducing the islands like that can't be fused because of the birds, they have to serve other purposes as well.

Just my thoughts anyway.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Can you explain the bolded part more? I was just thinking that the birds don't really serve as a link to the Sevii islands. I'm sure the game developers could think of ways to implement into the Johto story or even make them post national dex, like in Platinum. Introducing the islands like that can't be fused because of the birds, they have to serve other purposes as well.

Just my thoughts anyway.

I was more referring that if the birds are brought back within the game and are placed in their original location as they were in FRLG, then it could be a possibility of having the Sevii Islands brought in, for Moltres' position and other game opportunities as well.

However, I did list other options as well, because like said, the Sevii Islands doesn't have to be brought in to only serve the purpose of Moltres, and the others.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Do you guys think the Dark Cave will still be in?

And how about Mt. Silver, do you think it'll be expaned? You could explore the whole cave in G/S/C in about 7 minutes.

I wouldn' see why Dark Cave shouldn't be included. The game is a remake to the original, so removing places shouldn't really be expected, but more so the inclusion of places and ideas.

As for Mt. Silver, it is suspected to have expanded compared to the original Gold, Silver, and Crystal. It is actually believed to be the location of the Shinto Ruins where the Arecus event is held for one of the three Dragon Legendaries [Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina].

Johto's Best

Luck > Skill
    Years
    I wouldn' see why Dark Cave shouldn't be included. The game is a remake to the original, so removing places shouldn't really be expected, but more so the inclusion of places and ideas.

As for Mt. Silver, it is suspected to have expanded compared to the original Gold, Silver, and Crystal. It is actually believed to be the location of the Shinto Ruins where the Arecus event is held for one of the three Dragon Legendaries [Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina].

Sweet, so now it SHOULD be entertaining to train there.

CrashmanX

Mechamon
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 22, 2016
    Sweet, so now it SHOULD be entertaining to train there.

Are you suggesting it wasnt before?!?!? XD Jk

An expanded Mt. Silver could go both good or bad, good because it means more space to train and such, bad because it could mean it takes 1 hour just to get to the spot to train at the higher levels.

Johto's Best

Luck > Skill
    Years
    Are you suggesting it wasnt before?!?!? XD Jk

An expanded Mt. Silver could go both good or bad, good because it means more space to train and such, bad because it could mean it takes 1 hour just to get to the spot to train at the higher levels.

But that gives people something fun to do. Exploring is always more fun then battling, which is why I was wondering about Dark Cave, and the expansion.

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years

You've pretty much summed up my opinion on the fact. It would be both a good and bad thing if it was expanded.

Captain Riolu

Ace Detective
    Years
    It wouldn't have to take a long time, because it could have multiple entryways, like Mt. Coronet. I'm sure they could add entryways somewhere, because it isn't impossible to tweak maps and locations, as it has already been done (i.e. new Safari Zone).

Father Ash

Born from the fire.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Notched-Ear and Pikachu-Coloured Pichu Questions

I live in England and I've been looking at sites and they've said that you can get a Notched-Ear Pichu at the Ilex Shrine if you bring the Pikachu-Coloured Pichu with you. That's all perfectly easy to understand but to get the Pikachu-Coloured Pichu you need to pre-order tickets for the twelth movie. This is where it goes wrong for me. I'm pretty sure that there hasn't been a Pokémon movie in a cinema in England since the third movie or something so has there been anything at all said about any europe specific way to get the Pikachu-Coloured Pichu?

Back