• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    No matter buckets or trucks, it'll sell and Nintendo will get the large investment they want from it.

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
    Yeah F l a s h is right >3 Good one ^_^ I Was just gonna say that ^_^
    * giggles * damn i got soreeyes >.>

-Yasumin >3

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The pre-ordering for the game along will be pretty high as well...Something I'm thinking of doing before it hits the US.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    I hope they give a really good preorder bonus. Not some cheap stylus that breaks easily like the D/P bonuses. Maybe a figurine of Ho-oh and Lugia(Like Giratina's from Platinum) that comes with a regular sized Gold or Silver stylus.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I wouldn't be surprised if the pre-orders came with a figurine...The figurine might also depend on what version you get as well...Who knows.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    As a poster you mean? Yes, that would be a nice gift for pre-ordering I would think.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Well at least they still care about us who played the originals:
    HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Fan translation of the latest blog. So they want to make this as close as possible to those who originally played it but they also want to make it as possibly close as a current gen game. Well then I expect them to be wracking their brains over if they should do the proper thing and give Kanto a story.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    To know that they want to be close to the original is good news, but when they mention they want to add in some new things to be upto date, I'm hoping they don't carry it too far.

- He looks like he has the best job ever by the way.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Graphics looks good so far, and the Johto seems like it is coming along nicely, so I say they are sticking to their words. As nothing so far seems to be different with storyline [/of course we haven't been told about that as yet...lol]

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I wonder what made them come up with the names Heart Gold and Soul Silver? I mean usually they go by birth stones or whatever. Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Pearl, Diamond, etc.

Soul and Heart, have you guys been wondering that too?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I wonder what made them come up with the names Heart Gold and Soul Silver? I mean usually they go by birth stones or whatever. Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Pearl, Diamond, etc.

Soul and Heart, have you guys been wondering that too?
    Ho-o only showing up to those with a pure heart and lugia being the embodiment(soul) of the sea is the only way I can think they came up with it. Ideas by Wulava. And anyway does it matter? I finally get to play an SS version.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The reason why it didn't follow the Gem pattern like RBE/DPPt, is because Gold and Silver came out first before those came to be, just like how RBY did too. So, they just matched a name with Gold and Silver that played along with the two major legendaries of it.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Also something funny. Platinum is the combination od gold and silver. It is the link between the 2 sets of games(dp and hgss)by it being a name of metal and by being the 3rd 4th gen game. ^_^

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah Platinum led to more hints onto the remake, it basically added on to the possibility after Diamond and Pearl came out.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Ho-o only showing up to those with a pure heart and lugia being the embodiment(soul) of the sea is the only way I can think they came up with it. Ideas by Wulava. And anyway does it matter? I finally get to play an SS version.

Well I didn't say it mattered, but I was just curious.

Anyways what you said for the names makes sense, I wouldn't be suprised if that is actually what they thought.

Years
    They have to have different names, the remakes couldn't have just been called Gold and Silver. Remakes, not rereleases. FireRed and LeafGreen were the same situation- they actually incorporate something with the colour (for want of better phrasing). I thought they'd go for something along the lines of:
    ''Pokemon GleamingGold and Pokemon ShiningSilver''. It had a nice ring to it, and the initials match, too (GG/SS). But then, i'd been thinking about ShinyGold alot, and look-
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many letters. What, 13 for ShiningSilver? Lol. If i had brains i'd be dangerous..XD
    EDIT: Phrased way too many things wrong there.. What can i say, i'm tired... (And irish...)

Last edited:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    HeartGold and SoulSilver...It is nice, it has a meaning for the game, it is simple, and it works...

Years
    Things I want is:

1. Updated sprites of the ones from the original games.
    2. The safari zone open in Fuschia City after you defeat Red or Elite four second time round.
    3. Viridian Forest put back in.
    4. More challenging Puzzles to get to the gym leaders.
    5. Explaination on why the Bird Trio are in Sinnoh.
    6. Celebi able to be caught in the way of a Wifi event to get the GS Ball.
    7. The return of Headbutting trees and Kurt's Akorn's
    8. Machop's building fully built in Vermillion City.
    9. Gym leader Rebattles.
    10. Mt. Moon, Rock Tunnel and Diglett's Cave back to there original size.

That's all so far.

PS. One more, a Sinnoh Character popping up in Johto or Kanto.

Back