• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    They should keep Kanto in the game, just have the storyline/plot after D/P/Pt.'s storyline. God, I've seen enough of Sinnoh as well.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Sinnoh is great, but I feel as though since DP was still a popular game, and Platinum came out only a few years after, I just had enough of Sinnoh. I kind of wish these games came out first, just for a little space between Sinnoh.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Yeah, because once D/P came out after awhile. I knew all of Sinnoh, and basically memorized everything. Then when Pt. came out it was like, oh cool, new plots and stuff. but then it became the same Sinnoh again. But I'm just glad they're making these.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I too am glad, waiting until the 10th year anniversary seems like something Pokémon and GameFreak would do.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    I wonder where you catch the legendary birds can be.

The Kanto birds can be caught while they are roaming in Sinnoh on the game Platinum, and the Johto birds are caught in the same places as they were in GSC. But if you want them now, I'd advise you to buy an AR GBA and get the ticket for those Islands in FR/LG if you cannot wait for them. But I'd suppose you would want legit, so get Colosseum for the GCN and complete it in order to capture Ho-Oh. Lugia is obtainable in Pokemon XD after you purify it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    i dont think they are going to add the sevii islands they were in fire red and leaf green so i dont think they are going to add them again

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    i dont think they are going to add the sevii islands they were in fire red and leaf green so i dont think they are going to add them again

Well there could be a possibility. If there isn't I wouldn't fuss, but it would be pretty cool to have it.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    They should, as an old region came back in every generation. Kanto was in Gen 1 and 2, now in Gen 3 and Gen 4 (Gen 2 and Gen 3 are in no way related to one another), so they should do that with the Sevii Isles.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    They should, as an old region came back in every generation. Kanto was in Gen 1 and 2, now in Gen 3 and Gen 4 (Gen 2 and Gen 3 are in no way related to one another), so they should do that with the Sevii Isles.

I really don't understand what you are trying to say here.

Though, if they add in the Sevii Islands (regarding they have enough space), then I say I'm all for it as it can add in more to the game and allow some new things to arise afterwards.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    Why would they add the Sevii Islands if its a GSC remake, if they include Kanto, why not add something new to Johto instead?

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Why would they add the Sevii Islands if its a GSC remake, if they include Kanto, why not add something new to Johto instead?
    Who says that the Sevii Islands would be included? All Flash is doing is just stating the possibilities.

What if they add something new to Johto as adding something else to Kanto as well?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Exactly, this is the speculation thread, meaning you can speculate about th egames and things that can possibly be done to it. I mean we don't even know if they are keeping Kanto in the game as yet. Information on that hasn't as yet been revealed.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I dunno My guess is that cause it would technically be a follow up to fr/lg all elements and areas would technically be in as the games would be connected by the regions. Just saying.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Do you guys think they'll take ideas from the games LeafGreen and FireRed if they don't include the Kanto region in the game? I would say it is a possibility as there are some things that are the same that was in DPPT like the trees. The trees are a little different but that doesn't mean that they couldn't have got the idea from it.

I really don't know if they'll put some Kanto things in the Johto but I wouldn't really mind as long as they don't overdo it.

Reactions: Zet
    Years
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder because I love the new Platinum style HP bars.

I agree with you on that. (I didn't really like the HP bars in DP to be honest.)

Personally, I wouldn't see a need for the Sevii Islands. I think they were only added in FrLg just to add in some Johto pokemon, and to expand on the story a little bit. If HG/SS has Kanto, that's enough expansion for me. Though, I wouldn't mind if there was a little more plot development in Kanto other than getting all the badges and fighting Red in Mount Silver. Maybe we might run into Giovanni there? Like a house in Celadon or Saffron?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I agree with you on that. (I didn't really like the HP bars in DP to be honest.)

Personally, I wouldn't see a need for the Sevii Islands. I think they were only added in FrLg just to add in some Johto pokemon, and to expand on the story a little bit. If HG/SS has Kanto, that's enough expansion for me. Though, I wouldn't mind if there was a little more plot development in Kanto other than getting all the badges and fighting Red in Mount Silver. Maybe we might run into Giovanni there? Like a house in Celadon or Saffron?

Yes the HP bars. I wouldn't mind them being the same as Platinum's. If they have their own style of it though, I hope they don't make it too, too different.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Will this remake possibly break the record for longest storyline gam or so? I wonder, because there seems to be more in this game than previous versions.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Will this remake possibly break the record for longest storyline gam or so? I wonder, because there seems to be more in this game than previous versions.
    Well if it extends to Kanto then yeah longest story. Otherwise I can see it surpasing platinum in first week sales.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    This game, will probabaly surpass the amount of sales on its first week over Platinum. People have been wanting this game for years, and I know the fans in Japan will be knocking them off the shelves like if they've been starving for weeks.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    This game, will probabaly surpass the amount of sales on its first week over Platinum. People have been wanting this game for years, and I know the fans in Japan will be knocking them off the shelves like if they've been starving for weeks.
    Anyone would. Unlike how in the states it will get some dull announcement(or by the power of he man hopefully E3) the game will get ultra hype with a video every week for 10 seconds. That would amount to 5-6 minutes of game play all together not to mention another 10 from trailers and such. yeah this will sell by the buckets. No by the truck!

Back