• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I don't know whether this has been mentioned but, I wonder if they will have the Trick House in this game as well as if it will have contests and how they will work. I also wonder whether they will have a GTS and where it will be. Same with the battle tower considering it was only in Crystal.
    I think Kanto will have to be in (for all people thinking otherwise) or you wouldn't be able to get they other bird's item(eg: Rainbow wing to see Ho-oh on SoulSilver) from the guy in Pewter City. If they use the Plat. movesets which I think they will, how will the "original" Pokemon cope with their new evolutions? What will stop a Yanma learning Ancient power and evolving? If there is nothing to stop it evolving that will that mean a change in the Jhoto dex?

Another hint towards a remake was the fact that mass amounts of non-game specific legendaries that were capturable, but not the "Dogs".
    Trick house... it'd be interesting if it'd come back, although I wouldn't bet on it (given it was in Hoenn, after all...). Yet, then, he disappears after you beat all of the mazes there, saying he's off overseas and will be back, if I recall correctly... if one looks at a certain Warden who left the Safari zone, and then made a certain Bug Catching competition in another region....

Personally though I do kinda doubt it - he did go to learn new tricks rather than make a new trick house, and I don't really seeing it make an appearance here. If so, possibly in Kanto.

GTS - I'd fancy Goldenrod to be a prime contender to have that - like Jubilife is to Sinnoh, it's the city of Johto - even more so, I suppose, even. Just seems to fit it and all.

And I'm...unsure if they would stick to one bird in the game or not... hmm. Both were found in different places, so if you can only get one... what about the other place? In Soul Silver - what would be the point of going to the top of Tin Tower - would it still be there? (And never mind the awesome Sacred Ash item one gets up there as well...) It could go that way, but I don't necessarily see them going down to one of the bird legionaries per game.
    Actually there are some hints on Fr/Lg too...

-Celio metioned that Bill lives in Goldenrod.
    -Lance had a cousin who lives faraway.
    -Lance said that he would bring (Leaf or Red) to his hometown(Blackthorn) one day.
    True, from FR/LG there were those references. (And also the mention that Giovanni has a son with red hair, which is supposedly referring to Silver). Although I'd say there's more (which are focused on more as well) in D/P and particularly Platinum. Ah, references, and their plentifulness.

As for whether they'd keep the 3rd/4th gen Pokemon out of it... well, personally, I don't really mind too much, unless they had just any Pokemon available - I'm ok if those evolvable from the 1st/2nd gen Pokemon got in, in the end, but not any more. We'll just have to wait and see though if they follow FR/LG's footsteps.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    They could limit which 3rd, 4th-gen Pokemon will or will not trad-able.
    I think they should only include these Pokemon in Hg/Ss from 3rd, 4th gen:
    Spoiler:

And of course drop out some Kanto Pokemon in Hg/Ss.

If they do plan on having any of the newer Gen Pokémon, Mantyke might only become available through breeding I think, as well as Happiny, Bonsly, Wynaut, and Azurill.

As for the rest, they evolve through a special needed item which I think might just be available in Kanto rather than Johto. For Mamoswine, I don't see him not learning Ancient Power, but I see him stop midway through evolution because they might not allow it. Something just seems to me like they will follow the FRLG pattern on this rather than allowing the new generations as yet. If they do though, a limited number would be best like you stated.

As for the Trick Master's house,, seeing as he did leave to go over seas, it would be pretty cool to let them take that idea and implement it either in Johto or Kanto. Gaining some few items from him won't be so bad when I think of it. Plus, some nie old Hoenn references will be great just for memories over the thought of them remaking RSE.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Personally though I do kinda doubt it - he did go to learn new tricks rather than make a new trick house, and I don't really seeing it make an appearance here. If so, possibly in Kanto.
    I remembered that there's a "vacant space" in Vermilion, on which there's a man and with his Machop standing on it.

True, from FR/LG there were those references. (And also the mention that Giovanni has a son with red hair, which is supposedly referring to Silver). Although I'd say there's more (which are focused on more as well) in D/P and particularly Platinum. Ah, references, and their plentifulness.

As for whether they'd keep the 3rd/4th gen Pokemon out of it... well, personally, I don't really mind too much, unless they had just any Pokemon available - I'm ok if those evolvable from the 1st/2nd gen Pokemon got in, in the end, but not any more. We'll just have to wait and see though if they follow FR/LG's footsteps.
    Yup, I agree most of your saying. I remembered you from "A G/S Remake?" thread. (:

If they do plan on having any of the newer Gen Pokémon, Mantyke might only become available through breeding I think, as well as Happiny, Bonsly, Wynaut, and Azurill.

As for the rest, they evolve through a special needed item which I think might just be available in Kanto rather than Johto. For Mamoswine, I don't see him not learning Ancient Power, but I see him stop midway through evolution because they might not allow it. Something just seems to me like they will follow the FRLG pattern on this rather than allowing the new generations as yet. If they do though, a limited number would be best like you stated.

As for the Trick Master's house,, seeing as he did leave to go over seas, it would be pretty cool to let them take that idea and implement it either in Johto or Kanto. Gaining some few items from him won't be so bad when I think of it. Plus, some nie old Hoenn references will be great just for memories over the thought of them remaking RSE.
    Hohoho~ I'm wondering where's the Move Relearner guy located this time...

Last edited:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The move relearner I would expect to either be appearing on certain time of the week like how they had two guys before him, or they set up a new fixed location for the relearner and one for the tutor.

The vacant lot in Vermilion City of Kanto has a lot of new possibilities for what it can be. I'm hoping they took full utilization of it either by the time we get there or beat the Elite, because it can be put into good use for sure. It actually won't be a bad place for a contest hall either.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    The move relearner I would expect to either be appearing on certain time of the week like how they had two guys before him, or they set up a new fixed location for the relearner and one for the tutor.

The vacant lot in Vermilion City of Kanto has a lot of new possibilities for what it can be. I'm hoping they took full utilization of it either by the time we get there or beat the Elite, because it can be put into good use for sure. It actually won't be a bad place for a contest hall either.
    Maybe one of the stalls in Goldenrod Underground?

Contest Hall? I thought everyone dislike Contest? I personally like it though... :)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It's a possibility, seeing as things like GTS and other things can be utilized in other places.

The stalls wouldn't be bad, unless they decide on removing unecessary people from the game for their places. If they choose to add on the Sevii Islands, I can see the move tutor being located on the house of above the waterfall on Island Four I believe it was. She was able to teach the starters they special moves, so I don't see it impossible to continue that idea there with other moves for other Pokémon.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I remembered that there's a "vacant space" in Vermilion, on which there's a man and with his Machop standing on it.
    Indeed there was. IDK though... he might have already had his mind set on what he wants to build? But meh. We'll see if this time around he actually has money to build anything. XD

Yup, I agree most of your saying. I remembered you from "A G/S Remake?" thread. (:
    Yeah, and vice versa.. I said all sorts of that thread... XD

Personally I think we'll see a Move tutor or three in the game... random guess, but methinks it might pan out that way.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Indeed there was. IDK though... he might have already had his mind set on what he wants to build? But meh. We'll see if this time around he actually has money to build anything. XD

Yeah, and vice versa.. I said all sorts of that thread... XD

Personally I think we'll see a Move tutor or three in the game... random guess, but methinks it might pan out that way.
    Hahaha~ I'm glad that our wish is fulfilled! [=
    I feel bad for those who said that there will be no GSDS.

I'm curious on what the move they're gonna teach... I wish Dragon Breath's one of them! I really love that move despite it's low base power.
    It's a possibility, seeing as things like GTS and other things can be utilized in other places.

The stalls wouldn't be bad, unless they decide on removing unecessary people from the game for their places. If they choose to add on the Sevii Islands, I can see the move tutor being located on the house of above the waterfall on Island Four I believe it was. She was able to teach the starters they special moves, so I don't see it impossible to continue that idea there with other moves for other Pokémon.
    Hohoho, actually there's a move relearner in 2 Island. So if Sevii Island's gonna reappear, I think the move relearner will remain there...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Hahaha~ I'm glad that our wish is fulfilled! [=
    I feel bad for those who said that there will be no GSDS.
    I don't, tbh. Doesn't really affect them outside of maybe them having to eat their words if they debated that side to death, so meh. XD
    I'm curious on what the move they're gonna teach... I wish Dragon Breath's one of them! I really love that move despite it's low base power.
    Hmm... I can see that, actually, in the Dragon's Den (along with Draco's Meteor?). And then there's Crystal's Extremespeed Dratini as well - will be interesting to see if that gets in or not.

Zap Cannon is potentially another (TM after getting the Power Plant part in Kanto).

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I don't, tbh. Doesn't really affect them outside of maybe them having to eat their words if they debated that side to death, so meh. XD
    Hmm... I can see that, actually, in the Dragon's Den (along with Draco's Meteor?). And then there's Crystal's Extremespeed Dratini as well - will be interesting to see if that gets in or not.

Zap Cannon is potentially another (TM after getting the Power Plant part in Kanto).
    Hahaha~ I should had a bet with them...

Since Hg/Ss are GS remake, I didn't consider about the Dratini... I wish it'll be given though...

Maybe after helping the man in Power Plant, he'll tutor your Pokemon to learn Zap Cannon...

Soon the numbers of my "collection" giveaway Togepi are 5... lol
    3 from Fr/Lg, Platinum and 2 other new from Hg/Ss...

Considering that there are 2 region in Hg/Ss, I think Hg/Ss will be the largest Pokemon game ever! As its game size might be bigger than 128MB...

ConnoRAWR

Twitter Username; ConnoRAWR :D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    I think that a region could be revisited, maybe sinnoh?
    or maybe you could perform a task for someone in hoenn which could set it up for ruby and sapphire remakes

Last edited:
    Years
    I can't stress this enough... no Sinnoh or Hoenn.. Maybe hints to Hoenn, but everyone can still play Hoenn. Lets wait, m'k? Its a bit too early.

Also, We've seen enougn of Sinnoh, it's time for the Golden Oldies to shine XD

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Actually, my mind slipped on the Extreme Speed Dratini, so it would be pretty nostalgic to have that come back. It'll be a good change to the competitive field in battling as well, as Dragonite will be given an upperhand. Also, seeing as there are do many different elemental places, having the move tutors in different locations wouldn't be such a bad way to utilize it, it'll only be hard when having to go to different places all the time, but I think people can still live with it.

Also, no Hoenn or Sinnoh, they aren't linked to the Johto like Kanto was so it wouldn't be any point having it linked now.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I think that a region could be revisited, maybe sinnoh?
    No. That'll destroy the whole point of the remake, and create the 'four generation in one' package.

…or maybe you could perform a task for someone in hoenn which could set it up for ruby and sapphire remakes
    Hmm, I doubt that'll happen. To put this at a better point, why would it even be on a remake? Sure, I can see this happening in Gen. V, but right now? No.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    Do you think there will be any day specific events?

Well, the title pretty much says it all. Do you think there will be any other day exclusive events. Much like Drifloon in D/P/Pt. If you do, what? Also this excludes the siblings who give you items, as this was in the original. This is basically for new events.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    More of something like the Bug Catching contest, I'm hoping... More stuff like that.

I can't recall, but you couldn't manipulate time in GBCs, right?
    That's probably my only thing about DSes. How easy it is to manipulate time so you can get events such as those. =/

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I expect that we will mostly stay with the same daily events as were in the originals, perhaps with some daily variant of the Wi-Fi Plaza added in.

Back